Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69
Default How Much...

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have?
2. how often do you delete kits/elements?
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore?
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done?
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them?

I ask this because I am backing up all of my files right now and trying to decide do I REALLY need to burn all of those kits to DVD that I don't use anymore? I will be burnign all of my pages, but curious about all that other stuff

currently have over 60 GB's on my HD of digi supplies LOL!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? at least 45 GB
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? probably once or twice a year
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? I used to when I first started digi scrapping (burned to CD ugh!) but I dont anymore. I figure I am always going to get new kits. It actually feels good to purge/delete them once in a while.
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? Yes I do save the psd's. If I find a typo, I might go back and fix it. Oh, who am I kidding - I have never gone back. I dont know why I keep them. LOL
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? I havent yet. With the size/price of EHD's I guess I will keep them for a while longer. If I had to burn them to back them up, I would probably delete the old ones.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? about 85 GB
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? I haven't deleted anything from SSD, although I have deleted a bunch of pre-SSD stuff that I'll never use.
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? The stuff I know I'll never use, I just delete. If I think I won't want to use it again, I'll probably keep the backup and just delete the product off of my EHD
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I save the TIFF of my pages, although I'm not really sure why.
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? I had planned to, but decided just to move them to my backup EHD

Having said all that, I don't burn anything to DVD for backups. I have an EHD that I work from, which backs up to another EHD, which gets backed up to two places - a third drive which I plan to take offsite and to Backblaze. If I was backing up to DVD's, I might be more inclined to purge!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 227 GB
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? very rarely
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? yes, just in case I ever need to recreate one
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? just the jpg
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them n/a
Old 01-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Gigs and gigs worth!

never!

Yes

4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done?
I save the PSDs until I print, then I delete them

Yes, after I print
Old 01-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Currently my scrap folder is 67.4 GB. However, I also have approximately 200GB on disks as well. And that doesn't include fonts

I delete most kits of my my hard drive once I have them backed up. The exception to that is my Sweet Shoppe folder and my CT folder. Plus then there's templates, masks, element packs, etc.

I generally back up everything...I don't download things that I don't think I'll use. Now, when I was a newbie and downloaded tons of freebie stuff...yeah. LOL. When I reorganized, a LOT of that stuff didn't get backed up. It just went bye-bye!

I don't save PSD files.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 165GB between my laptop and EHD...there's a lot more on DVDs around the house. I've got nearly 9 years worth of digi supplies saved up.
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? very rarely
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? I back up everything, whether I'm going to use it or not.
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I save the layered TIFF, a printable size TIFF and a web size JPG
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? Eventually. I tend to delete the layered files at the end of each year.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

59.7GBs

I keep a "To Delete" folder in my big scrapping folder and I usually add to it every 6 months. Then after 6 months if I haven't used the stuff in it I delete it. Then I start adding to it again!

I back everything up to an extra internal HD on my desktop and burn everything to DVD too....but I think in the 6.5 year that I have been scrapping I've only ever had to pull anything from those 2 sources like once or twice!!!

I save the TIFF till it's backed up
I save a high resolution Jpeg till it's printed
I save a low resolution Jpeg for about 2 years

I delete them after they are backed up.

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by mummytothree; 01-21-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? I have no idea!!! I have two EHD's. One is 500GB and it's full and the other is 1T and it has space. I don't keep my EHD connected, so I'm not sure how much space is left, plus both also include photos, so they are not dedicated to scrap supplies.

2. how often do you delete kits/elements? I transfer my kits to an EHD after they've been used. I archive monthly.

3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? Yes.

4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I save both. I always save the layered version in case I want to change something. Even if I've already printed them.

5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? Nope.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? Too many.
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? If I paid for it I don't (at least so far) if it was a freebie and I haven't used it in 6 months I toss it.
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? I haven't had to yet
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I just save the JPEGS. Unless I want to copy the layout for each kid. Then I'll save it as a PSD.
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? After I've used them I delete them otherwise I never would.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 90 GB I had no idea it was that much!
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? No set schedule. When I get in an organizing mood or notice something I just won't use anymore. I used to delete a lot more often, but with HDs being so much bigger than they were it's not a necessity anymore.
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore?I have automatic online backup, so unless I delete it from my HD it gets backed up. So there's no process for "thinking about deleting." Either I delete or I don't. I have an EHD as one of my backups, and sometimes I delete a kit without deleting it off there. But really, since I don't delete a lot once I delete it I won't go back to it.
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? PSD until printed, then JPG only
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? See #4

Last edited by rach3975; 01-21-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 126GB
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? I try to go through every 6 months or so, but now that I'm kind of stuck on a style, I rarely delete much anymore.
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? nope
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I save a TIFF and a web size JPEG. When I go to print, I batch the TIFFS into full size JPEG.
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? Never, unless I the rare occasion the page is truly dreadfu.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 175 GB
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? twice a year
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? usually, but i've only gone looking for something 1 time so i'm not sure why i do it.
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? just jpgs
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? don't save them
Old 01-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? When I organized last September, about 150GB. I'm sure it's way more than that now!
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? About once a year. If I go through and find I don't use something in a year, I delete it. The only ones that are the exception are kits from certain designers that are now retired.
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? Nope, I delete them, except for instances like the one mentioned above.
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? Hahaha! I organize my layouts in folders on Windows Explorer--each folder has the TIFF, the JPG, the text file with the credits, even the edited photos. I've yet to print out an album.
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? I haven't yet, because I haven't ever printed out an album (just a few layouts that I gave as gifts). I'm sure I have like a thousand layouts that I should have printed :P
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ok... please no one stone me!

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 27g right now
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? several times a week usually (Only use a kit twice, templates once)
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? I back em up when I buy them
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? only jpegs
Old 01-21-2012, 10:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. How much digi scrapping supplies do you have? I don't know. I have it split up onto different EHDs, and I don't have them all accessible at the moment, but not as much as many other scrappers do.

2. How often do you delete kits/elements? Regularly. Especially if it's a CT or freebie kit that I didn't have to pay for, I will dump it immediately if it's not my style. I also don't own much before 2009. The quality and style has changed so much in the last couple years that there's no reason to hold onto old things where there is newer and better out now.

3. Do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? If I've already decided that I'm not going to use it anymore, I delete it.

4. Do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I just save the full size JPGs. I make way too many pages to keep all the PSDs when 98% of the time I've never had the urge to go back and fix or change old pages.

5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? See above.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 128GB
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? every couple of months
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? no
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I keep everything until I print and then delete the PSDs. I actually have gone back and made changes to pages in the past...
Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? Around 50GB I think, 28 on my laptop and 20GB on my EHD, I also have disks with stuff on, I need to buy a big EHD and put everything in one place.
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? Quite often, I don't have any of the kits I bought when I first started scrapping.
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? No
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I save the TIFF files for a month or 2 incase I spot a mistake, then they get deleted.
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? I delete every few months but when I first started scrapping I didn't realise they used a lot of space and I had LOADS of them on my laptop lol, they got deleted as soon as I realised!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 128GB (wow, didn't know I had that much)

2. how often do you delete kits/elements? Pretty much only when I find something I haven't used in forever (ie: months+) and conclude I'll probably never use it -- this pretty much applies to freebies downloaded...I don't think I've deleted anything I've paid money for. Some of the very first kits I bought I've wanted to delete...but I can't bring myself to do it since I paid for them, lol. I'm sure I will eventually

3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? I used to (and wish I still did). After I lost everything on my EHD a couple years ago (and nothing was backed up) I started backing everything up. One copy on my computer, another on my EHD, and I had a 2nd EHD that I was hoping to eventually back stuff up onto (so I could clear some space on my computer). I'll probably do that when I get my new computer, but for a while now (since my other computer died) I haven't been able to back up the way I normally do.

4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? Oh I for sure save my TIFF pages. I've gone back for any number of reasons. When I learned shadowing techniques, I applied it to a few older pages (and eventually all of the older ones). I've pulled ellies off of old pages for a new one (ellies I made or one's that I edited so much that I didn't wanna edit again. So I was able to go and grab them). Redoing layouts because they suck, lol - I've done a couple of those. I used to scrap 1200x1200 (cuz my computer sucked). So I'm glad I have those layered so I can redo them for printing (if I feel they're good enough to be seen, lol). I have an EHD, so the space they take up isn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't dream of deleting them.

5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? Only if I plan on deleting the JPG too (and that's only happened just a handful of times). I did finally delete them from my computer so that they were only on my EHD. Made me nervous, lol - but I was desperate for space

Last edited by Jen22; 01-22-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have?- I have a 500GB EHD with some space, I'm not sure how much.

2. how often do you delete kits/elements?- NEVER!

3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore?- No, but I should

4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done?- I save three ways, .PSD, .JPEG and then a for web .jpg

5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them?- I haven't yet. I should though
Old 01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

51 GB
about once a year I go through and delete stuff from my folders that are not Sweet Shoppe or Lilypad. I hoard those. lol
Um no. lol The only kits I have backed up are by one designer from when my Mac died.
About once or twice a year I go through delete my TIFF files. I always save them until then in case I need to make a change to the page for some reason.
5. IF you save your TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them?
oops. lol See above.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 76.6 GB currently being used
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? not often
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? when I first started with digi-scrapping I mostly used one store (other than SSD) and have since changed styles and haven't used those kits. I saved them to a disk to use later, but really, I haven't
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? yes, I save PSD layered files and use them to go back and make changes and/or corrections
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? I haven't yet...
Old 01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Umm...I'm too lazy to check-but lots.
Usually after I scrap with a kit-I delete it-BYE BYE...very rarely do I use a kit more than once...elements, alphas, templates are a bit different...I usually do a purge of those folders once a year or so.
No I delete them.
I save a flattened version of the LO.
I do when I get ready to print them, if they aren't something I'm going to print...and after I print...I delete.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? Over 250 GB on my current EHD
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? not since I got rid of the very earliest freebies I got
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? I back up everything on my EHD every week or two. Actually, since my EHD died in November and my backup glitched and corrupted 15% of my backup, I now backup to two 3 TB EHD. Once every year I move kits, etc. That I don't plan on using off the EHD I use onto my "forever" EHD and keep the ones I love or have never used on my "current" portable EHD
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I keep both PSD and JPEG files
5. IF you save your TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? No, I might need them

I

Last edited by disneyaddict; 01-22-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 86.5GB (on the HD)
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? go through non-SSD about every 6 months, rarely delete anything anymore though, I'm pickier now than when I first started
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? I back up everything to EHD & DVD, then delete off the main HD
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? TIFF (why I don't know, I don't think I've ever reopened a finished page), JPG full size & jpg for web
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? Delete the TIFFS only once the book has been orderd
Old 01-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? I have about 26gigs
2. how often do you delete kits/elements?Twice a year and I'm brutal about it
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore?Nope. The way I see it, there's always more kits
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done?Just the jpegs wants its printed
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them?I only hold on to the saved for print and saved for web images
Old 01-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 70.3 GB, not counting anything purchased in 2012.
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? 4 times per year
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? nope. when they are purged off the EHD, they get removed from the backup directories as well
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done?yup
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? NEVER!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? I have a ton of supplies- some from way back when I first started, and some that are pretty recent. I need to go through and clear them out, but I'd rather spend that time scrapping, so I don't do that as often as I should.

2. how often do you delete kits/elements? I have only deleted kits a couple of times, and all of the kits I've deleted were kits I got for free when I first started scrapping- they just weren't quality. When I first started, I downloaded anything and everything on the internet, and when I started shopping, I realized I was never going back to those, so I deleted them. When I plug in my hard drive the next time, I'm probably going to look through some old kits and get rid of them... I just don't shop at those stores anymore, and I never really bought theme-y kits, so it seems like I have plenty of kits that I use more often and would rather have space for.

3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? Once I decide I'm done with them, no. But, I have a system for my scrapping stuff... I have a folder on my computer that has all of my newest stuff, or the stuff I use CONSTANTLY (Aquiver With Ebullience from Libby, for example, or some of my favorite KCB stuff... several Cindy Templates, etc). I also leave any kits on that are for current projects I'm working on (my Janet templates for Zach's first year album that is WAAAAAY behind, and Frog Lips, the kit I'm using for it). So, yes, I have those right here on my computer and backed up to BOTH hard drives. I also have all of my layouts I've done this month (and any layouts pertaining to a certain album or something). At the end of the month, I copy those over to my hard drives, and for month-to-month, if I'm not printing a layout right away, I delete it off of the computer (my laptop just doesn't have a ton of space, and they're on BOTH hard drives, so...). Everything else stays on the hard drives unless I need them.

I save PSDs of everything, as well as a full-sized JPEG and a web JPEG. Once I've double checked for mistakes, and printed, I delete the PSD. At the end of the month, I put all of my web JPEGs in the trash, but I'm too lazy to check and do that more often than at the end of the month, or when I'm feeling tight on space.

5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? Yup, when I'm sure that I'll never need to make a correction to it.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 95gb
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? Never, but I think I am going to to now.
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? No
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done?Yes
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? Delete when they are printed.

Glad this was asked. I need to delete things that I don't think I will ever use. Also after going through my digital files I found plenty of half finished pages. Think those are what I am going to focus on for awhile.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 10.7 GB of "new" stuff meaning I haven't used it yet (yikes) & I don't even want to know whats on the EHD

2. how often do you delete kits/elements? I went through a huge purge this summer deleteing a LOT of stuff from 2005-2007. Truth be told, I could delete a whole lot more, but if I CT'd for someone, I'm sentimental and can't bear to delete. Give me another year when the EHD is getting low on space and maybe I'll rethink it.

3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? Once I use my kits, they move to the EHD. Anything recent I've bought will go there, but I will delete freebies once I use them and know I likely won't use again.

4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I've started using TIFF and do save those, I also have a 8x8 JPEG so I can reprint anytime and have them as my screensaver, and then I also save the Web version so I can upload to galleries.

5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? So far, the only ones I've deleted are layouts I've redone.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? 82 GB
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? rarely - I never delete anything I buy. If it is a CT kit that wasn't really my style, I will possibly delete it down the road.
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? I back up all my kits that I'm keeping. I don't back up anything I'm deleting. I use backblaze.
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? I save a PSD, a full size jpeg, and a resized/sharpened for web version of each page. I have a folder for each store, then I put the psd and the resized page there. I put the full size jpeg in my monthly folder in "to print". I delete psd and resized files once they are 2 months old, but of course keep the jpegs.
5. IF you save yoru TIFF/PSD files, do you ever delete them? Yep, after 2 months.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

1. digi scrapping supplies do you have? Almost 100GB
2. how often do you delete kits/elements? Twice a year
3. do you back up kits/elements once you decide you might not use them anymore? Nope
4. do you save your digi page TIFF/PSD files or do you just save the JPEGS when you are done? Nope. I usually delete the PSD files after I print/upload to the galleries