Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Who does that?!

I shared online that I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was really excited about it, and a lot of people gave me a lot of encouragement on it.

Someone posted "Enjoy it while it lasts. I lost my pre-pregnancy weight immediately and gained it all back within a few months."

Okay, seriously? I don't care if that IS how it usually works, or if it IS the case... WHY would you tell me that?

Now I feel REALLY discouraged.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

I wouldn't feel discouraged, i did lose the baby weight by the time my son was 3 months old and i did gain it back about 18 months later but the only reason i gained it back was because it was a very stressful time (personal reasons involving sons father). Don't let anyone discourage you.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I just lost 30 pounds and get the same crap, mostly from people bigger than me saying "you'll never be able to keep it off". It's jealousy. Try to just forget about it! Congrats!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't lost mine yet from baby #4 but after I lost 86 lbs from baby #3, I kept it off for over 3 years...until I got pregnant again. LOL

You WILL keep it off!!! Don't let them get to you!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

People are weird.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You will do what you set your mind to. There will always be someone there to bring you down, just as there will always be someone there to lift you up. Surround yourself with the uplifters & let the rest roll of your back like water on a duck.

You can do it.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Ah. Jealousy.
Don't let them discourage you.

All About ME
Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Gah, ignore them~
Old 07-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's a typical jealous reaction. People just do it. Some people, that is.

The best way to avoid this is NOT to share information like this online with just anybody. If you know some people are prone to negative remarks, don't share information with them that might provoke such remarks (there are various ways of doing it if we're talking FB). It does help.

Otherwise, just ignore and forget, they're not worth noticing.

Last edited by adrianka; 07-28-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

I agree...it's just jealousy. And awesome job!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Don't listen to rude people. Do your best and keep thinking positive. Positivity and hard work are the only things that accomplish your goals you set for yourself.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
The best way to avoid this is NOT to share information like this online with just anybody. If you know some people are prone to negative remarks, don't share information with them that might provoke such remarks (there are various ways of doing it if we're talking FB). It does help.
My facebook friends, at least the ones who comment on things like this, are usually very positive and supportive. And for the most part, people were.

I just neglected to remember I'm friends with this distant cousin on facebook now who takes a more negative approach to everything.

You're right, it was prob. just her jealousy talking, but seriously, it irked me. EVERY time she posts something that I comment on, I try to be positive and supportive, even though she's a pain in the neck... and then she does this. Ugh. Ridiculous.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For people like that, I take their commenting priveleges away! Easy peasy, and then they can't annoy me anymore!

Huge fan of:

Old 07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't feel discouraged at all! After I had my last baby it took me two months to get back to my pre-Lilly weight and I haven't gained it all back. In fact I am only 10 pounds away from my pre-Rachel weight.

They are most likely jealous if your success!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
My facebook friends, at least the ones who comment on things like this, are usually very positive and supportive. And for the most part, people were.

I just neglected to remember I'm friends with this distant cousin on facebook now who takes a more negative approach to everything.

You're right, it was prob. just her jealousy talking, but seriously, it irked me. EVERY time she posts something that I comment on, I try to be positive and supportive, even though she's a pain in the neck... and then she does this. Ugh. Ridiculous.
Some people really have the tendency to downplay anything what they view as other people's success. Very often they don't even realise what they're doing and just do it subconsciously somehow. It's just important to learn to ignore such remarks so that they don't get to you, and avoid communicating with such people any time it's possible (even though that's often not an option). This is what I've learned to do and it does help. Another thing that helps is to learn to laugh at such remarks - I mean inside. Because, when it comes to it, most of such comments are ridiculous and only reflect the frustration of their author. And hey, enjoy that you're back on your pre-pregnancy weight so early after giving birth. ;-)

ETA: Just an example - I had a colleague who used to totally degrade anything I would do. Most people thought she was funny (always cracking jokes and such), but I think she was a frustrated, deeply unhappy human being who simply couldn't react in any other way (and in a way I pity her, but I never cared enough for her to try to overcome the "wall of defense" of her sarcasm). At first, her remarks really got to me, but as time went by, I started to be immune and these days, when we're no longer colleagues and only communicate through FB occasionally, I'm actually looking forward to what she's going to come up this time to try to get me down, because her reactions are so hilariously predictable and make me laugh. But that was a very long road to get to this point. :-)

Last edited by adrianka; 07-28-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Argh. People like that are so frustrating! I lost all the baby weight with DS#1 pretty quickly and then gained it back after I stopped nursing- which was totally on me. I should have adapted my diet to no longer nursing, kwim? Everyone is different, so if you do your best to keep the weight off, you probably will! Don't be discouraged
Old 07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

dont worry abt it, just bec she did don't mean u will, hers gain is prob from another reason

Old 07-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate when people do that. I've written a blog rant about something just like this. It's those people that always seem to have a "Just wait, it gets worse" attitude. No matter what I talked about - they always seemed to want to spin a negative twist on it. I stopped going to them to vent or ask for advice, because they always seemed to just want to let me know it would just be worse later on (this was more about parenting woes than anything. I say my baby is challenging - and they're reply isn't something like "Hang in, you'll get a feel for it." No - they're reply was "Oh wait till they're toddlers.")

So yeah, I feel ya on that. I don't get why someone would do that. Try not to let it get to you. I totally agree witht the others that it's probably just jealously & and own personal disappointments making her be so negative.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

All the more reason to keep it off! Inspiration to prove them wrong. You go girl!!