Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Mac Folders Question

On my PC, I kept everything in neat little folders. When I would open the folder, I could view all the thumbnails and could see what I needed.

But with my Mac, I've still got folders, but when I open them up, I can hardly see each thumbnail, they're so tiny! I've figured out how to increase the size, but then it makes my window all slidy and I don't want to have to slide back and forth to view my thumbnails. I've tried decreasing the grid (the space between each thumbnail), but it only goes so far. Is there another way that I can customize within each of my folders for easy viewing (specifically scrapbook paper and embellies)?
Old 05-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I use bridge so I can see everything great in there. I'm no help with the folder viewing...I pretty much just use finder to search and will increase the size if I need to see something bigger then and there.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

K Meg, talk to me about Bridge. I have it and have no idea what it's used for. lol
Old 05-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I know what you mean. Meg is brilliant and probably has a better solution, but in a pinch, perhaps try this:

Increase the size of the thumbnails using the slider in the bottom right hand corner
Then, View -> Arrange By -> Name and all of the thumbnails will fit within the width of your window and you just have to scroll up and down to see your alpha, embellishments, etc. (rather than also left to right).

Is that what you mean? I think the settings are saved for that particular folder (that is, if you come back to it), but I have to do that for any new folder that I come to...

HTH!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a slider in the right hand corner of my open folder. I have to go to "choose view options" and that's where I increase the size of my thumbnails, but then it also makes my folder window all slidy and then I not only have to scroll up and down (which is no big deal), but then I have to slide left and right to see everything - this is what I want to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Now View Post
I think I know what you mean. Meg is brilliant and probably has a better solution, but in a pinch, perhaps try this:

Increase the size of the thumbnails using the slider in the bottom right hand corner
Then, View -> Arrange By -> Name and all of the thumbnails will fit within the width of your window and you just have to scroll up and down to see your alpha, embellishments, etc. (rather than also left to right).

Is that what you mean? I think the settings are saved for that particular folder (that is, if you come back to it), but I have to do that for any new folder that I come to...

HTH!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I was able to fix it in one folder. Let's hope I can do the same thing again in all the other ones! lol

In the meantime, I'm interested to know what Bridge is.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Perhaps my size slider is a preference I selected at some point, but I didn't see it again when I took a look... I only know enough to be dangerous. That "Arrange By" trick worked when I did it your way, too, though. Best of luck!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Leah,

I use bridge to sort my photos, and for choosing which ones I want to use in photoshop. It's nice that it's free with photoshop. I found videos on the adobe website that explain bridge and they helped me. Or just google it. I don't use bridge for my papers, I use ACDSee for that. I downloaded the mac app ($5 for me at the time).

Cindi
Old 05-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Leah do you use PS or Elements?

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not on Mac, but I love Bridge! I did a post on here about photo editing awhile back.

You can also tag supplies in Bridge and when possible it's written in the metadata.

I'd suggest just opening it up and then playing with the different layouts available in the upper right (Essentials, filmstrip, metadata, etc.) and then you can customize wherever you feel you need it.

That being said, I haven't yet made Bridge my go-to for scrap supplies, but it is my go-to for pictures.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:58 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Leah - in your Finder window, go to View>Show View Options (Cmd+J). In there, you can choose whether you want the folder to be in Icon View, List View, Column View etc. And, you can tell it to always open in that view. You can also choose how the files are sorted (by name, date, or whatever. And, you can use the slider to increase the size of your icons. Once you have that set, you shouldn't have the sliders on the bottom of your finder window where you have to scroll back and forth to see everything. It will all arrange itself nicely in whatever size Finder window you have.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Leah do you use PS or Elements?
I'm CS5 (PS).