Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Question Did you read Midnight Sun? How are you feeling? ***could be spoilers***

K, so I totally avoided reading MS when it was out on the "black market". It felt a little like being a digi-pirate, so I just couldn't do it. Even though I REALLY wanted to. Then, when I found out that SM posted the first 12 chapters on-line, I still debated about whether I wanted an Edward "fix" - only to be left with no resolution. So, yesterday I gave in! And I loved it!

Now I want to reead Twilight to compare and I REALLY hope it was a publicity stunt and that she releases MS in the next 2 or so years. It was just as magical as reading Twilight for the first time and I was danged frustrated that it ended before Bella and Edward get physical, because I'd really like to know what he was thinking! It also explains him leaving in New a lot more - to me at least. It was fascinating to see how he really had been planning all along for the "right" time to leave her to a "normal" life. Crazy!

So, what about y'all??

*My Etsy*
Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't know about it before she posted it on her site. I thought about it for a moment (a short moment) and decided to read it. I LOVED it! At least as much as Twilight. Everything about it. I was afraid we would see some bad sides to Edward, but nope! He's still perfect. I loved getting little details about things (like Angela and Ben, Port Angeles stuff, etc) and was absolutely fascinated that he really and truly did/does love Bella as much as she loves him. I totally saw her side, and feeling not "pretty enough" or good enough before... but now to see that he really did feel that way--I just love it. I hope it comes out very soon, but I don't know. Hopefully fans who read it and love it will encourage her to go ahead and get back on it.

And yes, it did explain him leaving a little more but it also made me sad that he kept thinking about how he should--despite how much their relationship grew. But it did help!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

That's what was so cool about it being from Edward's perspective - you got to "hear" what everyone else was thinking. I thought that was awesome! I went and bought Twilight today (I only owned Eclipse and BD), so that I can compare. How fun obsession is! LOL

*My Etsy*
Old 09-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I saw that is was out in Pirated form and I really didn't want it to be fake and like it so I didn't read it until I found out the it was on her Website, that was when it became free game. I SSSSOOOOO hated that it ended right before the meadow. that was wrong. that was the only reason why I think it isn't a true leak. why would she end there when it is the best part making us want it even more. That isn't fair. I guess we will have to wait and hope she finishes it soon.

but I LOVED it!! I can't believe how much Edward really loved her from the very beginning. It really help to understand him and love him so much more.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1282 View Post
but I LOVED it!! I can't believe how much Edward really loved her from the very beginning. It really help to understand him and love him so much more.
Definitely!

*My Etsy*
Old 09-03-2008, 05:14 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I LOVED it!

Happy to be creating for....
Old 09-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I would love to read this, where did you find it? Can you post a link?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

OMG there's another book I can read about Bella and Edward?????AHHHHH! Just finishing up Breaking Dawn right now. I've read the whole collection in the past three weeks. Talk about an obsession. lol

My blog

Huge fan of all the talented Sweet Shoppe Designers!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh I totally loved it!!!! I loved that part about Alice being anxious for Edward to get on with it because she already knew her and Bella were going to be best friends!!!! and I love how he was just as afraid Bella wouldn't love him just like she wondered why he loved her, so wonderful to hear his side of things. I liked knowing when things changed for him from bloodlust to love!!! I was soooooo disappointed too where she left off - I really wanted to get to the meadow part too!!!.....but I can't believe she would have given away so much of the book if this was a ploy---wonder if we should start a campaign to BEG HER to finish the book and then she can just keep going and write them all from Edwards point of view---would love to know what he did all those months he was gone and how he anguished over not being with her--I could read the end of New Moon over and over again from where Bella stops him from walking out and getting exposed---No I'm not obsessed much!!!

Last edited by switchwiz; 09-03-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished reading the 12 chapters and I loved them! I SO hope she finishes the book!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

You can read the 12 chapters HERE. (Link at the bottom of the most recent post.) If you join twilightmoms.com they are doing things to show support for SM in hopes that she will finish it someday!

*My Etsy*
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I found it on her site yesterday and just finished it this afternoon. I didn't want it to end!! I think it's neat how Edward hears Charlies thoughts too (trying to keep it a little vague - don't want to ruin it for anyone even with the spoiler disclaimer).
Old 09-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

I've started reading a bit of it. Thanks for the link . I had to bookmark it, it's too long to read and do other stuff at the same time,lol.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

YAY I just finished it and I loooooooooooved it! I wish she would redo the whole series! I really like how it gave you insight into how vulnerable Edward really is, it makes breaking dawn so much more understandable..
Old 09-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Traci - You know now that you mention that about BD, I totally felt that way. Like once Bella was changed over, Edward was a different person. I still LOVED LOVED LOVED the book, but it was a different feel from the rest. I guess the 2nd half of the book just focused more on war with the Volturi rather than the love story of Bella and Edward.

Now that I've finished the series, I am anxious to read MS. I so love these books. I have a lust for more much like the lust Edward has for blood! However I can't deny my craving....LOLOLOLOL

My blog

Huge fan of all the talented Sweet Shoppe Designers!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
YAY I just finished it and I loooooooooooved it! I wish she would redo the whole series! I really like how it gave you insight into how vulnerable Edward really is, it makes breaking dawn so much more understandable..
That is so true!

*My Etsy*