Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2022, 09:20 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
I started digiscrapping way back in 2004 when there was a place called Digital Scrapbook Place.
That was one of the first places I found when I started digiscrapping in late 2007/early 2008. I found a lot of tutorials for my software there.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:18 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
That was one of the first places I found when I started digiscrapping in late 2007/early 2008. I found a lot of tutorials for my software there.
Absolutely. I took some classes there at the beginning and people were super helpful.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
Absolutely. I took some classes there at the beginning and people were super helpful.
Same here.

When I started scrapping, I was almost overwhelmed on where to scrap, learn and participate at. I quickly decided to stop hopping all over the net and made a decision to pick a place and stick to it.

Of course, I picked this place all those years ago and when I decided to try my hand at designing, I picked it again.

I had to leave for a while to build my skills and abilities, but I did so with an eye on the prize that is SSD. When I got my "Welcome Home" letter from Robin, I am not too proud to say I cried.

January 6th marked my 4th anniversary as a designer here and I must say, there is no place like home.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:51 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
I love butterflies too and messy threads and flowers, but the one thing I must have is lots of good textured solids. Sure I love patterns, but gotta have solids too and in every color of the kit!
Yes on the solids. I see people using busy background papers and I just can't seem to make it work for me! LOL

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post

and Lastly, I like both messy and clean pages, however, I like not having to be overly fussy with keeping things tidy so I like getting messy..... I can't resist a good stash of scribbles and if a kit includes paint splatters I'm definitely gonna use em.
I agree with ya on liking to be as messy as I want. That's one of the things I love about digital. I can throw on as much paint as I want, scribble, add, remove, move things around and just play to my hearts content without worrying about ruining my layout or making a mess. Digi is definitely the way for me.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:42 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

So happy to see you at SSD! I generally begin with one kit, but I will pull specific items from other kits if needed. I am most definitely a template user. I am very limited on scrapping time, so templates are a tremendous help right now. I would say I am a clean & simple. Although I do admire lots of layering.
Old 02-07-2022, 03:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Don't you just love that we all share the exact same hobby but each approach making a page in our own way? I love reading all your comments. Thanks so much for posting them
Old 05-07-2022, 03:14 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default Hello

Hi,

I have been posting in the gallery for a few months now. I am new to scrapping, but have certainly found my love. How do I add a siggi and put my picture in my profile? I am finding it difficult to participate in some of the challenges and respond and/or edit my uploads. Please - please help me figure this out before I go nuts.

Rhonda Brimmer Austin
Old 05-07-2022, 08:30 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Hi everyone! I've been scrapping since 2009, but I'm not a prolific poster here. I just get lots of inspiration from the forums and gallery, and of course I love all of SSD's goodies.

I am definitely a one kit scrapper, although on occasion I have to mix it up to match a specific theme/color combo. I only scrap with templates, because I usually like to use a ton of photos and it would take me way too long otherwise. And while I love the clean and simple pages, I just can't seem to do them myself. I love to use all the elements in a kit, especially the themed ones.
Old 05-07-2022, 11:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaAustin View Post
Hi,

I have been posting in the gallery for a few months now. I am new to scrapping, but have certainly found my love. How do I add a siggi and put my picture in my profile? I am finding it difficult to participate in some of the challenges and respond and/or edit my uploads. Please - please help me figure this out before I go nuts.

Rhonda Brimmer Austin
Here is a tutorial that includes some screenshot of how to add a signature
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...siggie-part-1/