Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Not sure how I seem online but IRL, I am just as quiet except for with my family. At home, I am the dictator (or try to be..lol!), I love to be loud and be silly...I like quiet time when I have more thoughts in my head than I would like to share out loud.

My former co-workers (since a couple of months ago) always told me I seemed mean at first but they found out that is not the case once we actually talked. I observe, I don't like being too social unless I really know a person cause otherwise I feel awkward. People tend to take things I say the wrong way so that is the main reason I don't talk much. I don't know how to make things sound "nice and sweet." My mama was always straight forward with us on EVERY thing and I am the same way. Online I probably come off as much more quiet than I really am.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Oh, I hate that! When people tell you to smile when you are in 'neutral' I am like, I can't just sit around smiling like a crazy person.

OMGosh - I hate that. seriously people, just cause i'm not grinning from ear to ear does not mean i'm in a bad mood.
also, i'm super shy online for some reason. not at all the case IRL...wierd.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure how I come off online. IRL I feel really awkward in a lot of social situations. I totally suck at small talk and I'm not big on sharing, so I really don't know what to talk about. At work it's a totally different thing though. There I really know what I'm talking about, feel confident in myself and am really opinionated.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Once I get to know people, I join in a little more and my close friends would probably like to tell me to shut up once in a while. But online I tend to be more quiet like I am in most social situations.

I really try to get involved, but most of the time I tend to sit back and observe.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

I'm the same. I'm quiet when I first meet someone but as soon as I'm comfortable all bets are off. I'm snarky, sarcastic and curse like a trucker.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really know, but I think I must come across as more serious online. I am a lawyer and so it's been drilled into me to be very, very careful about what I write down. So, I tend to over-analyze everything I write to make sure it's precise and accurate. I suspect that this does not really make for a warm and fuzzy on-line presence.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
I'm the same. I'm quiet when I first meet someone but as soon as I'm comfortable all bets are off. I'm snarky, sarcastic and curse like a trucker.

Youuuuu never! I thought you were a quiet little book worm
Old 05-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmomma View Post
Youuuuu never! I thought you were a quiet little book worm
ikr? big surprise, there!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea how I come across on line, but I hope it is positive. The best description of me irl came from my best friend. He says I am like a prickly pear, sharp with a bit of a sting on the outside, but sweet and mushy on the inside. Some times I wish I didn't have the sharp edges, but I can only be me. I hope the people who get past the sharpness would say it was worth the effort to get to the mush.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quiet, shy, insecure, full of self doubt....although I'm working on all of that. Being 'home' with kids & hubby & no social life (literally I went out for the first time in 8 years this weekend) for 8 years will do that to a girl. I've always been an observer and worry about what I say/do, how it comes across.

I am a lot more open online, but try to keep a 'professional' /positive appearance especially where 'clients' can see it.

I talk like a trucker, love everything country and usually wear my heart on my sleeves.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to yari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny View Post
Strangely I'm much more outgoing IRL than I am online, which seems kind of backward now that I think about it.
This is me too.

As far as how I think I come across, though I like to be super nice to people, I think a lot of ONLINE people dislike me and only a handful really know how I am and really understand me. I'm on both sides of the spectrum, I am like super sweet, but if you rub me the wrong way, I can pull an attitude. But I love to make new friends. However I don't like cliques and I don't kiss up in order to be someone's friend or to be liked by someone. Going back to the thought that a lot of online people don't like me, you know, I am me and if someone doesn't want to be my friend because they judge me before getting to know me, then that's fine with me cause I have a lot of friends and family that do. Do I wish I were liked by everyone online? Yes! But I can't please everyone. I can only try to better myself, live my life the way I want to, and be happy in the ways I choose.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmm... ask 50 of my online friends how I come across and I think you'd get 45 different answers. My online friends who I have met in person have told me that I'm the same online as I am in person but my interactions with them consisted of a private message board over a course of several years.

Let's see... I'm an introvert. I'm not shy at all but I am sure that I come across as shy (or possibly stuck up) at times in person. I love to be social and I feel like I have a lot to contribute in social situations. However, being social is WORK for me. It literally zaps my emotional energy (and sometimes my physical energy as well) and I have to step back and take time to recover. Therefore, one day I may be quite talkative and the life of the party, so to speak, while the next I am quiet and withdrawn. People will wonder if I am mad at them and that is never the case, it is just a matter of me needing to regroup and recoup my emotional energy. My closer friends understand and know that I'm happy to listen on my quiet days, I just won't talk much unless I have something important to add.

Online I am the same way but it is easier to hide. I can spend my chatty days posting on facebook and in all of the forums I visit and generally getting my social fix. Then when I'm feeling quiet I can just not visit those sites and people don't take it as me ignoring them, they just figure I'm busy.

Important conversations are easier for me online. Being an introvert, I am very internal with my thoughts and I like to think things through and get just the right words together before voicing my opinion. In person I don't always know what to say if I am just approached with something. I am afraid of saying the wrong thing because I haven't wrapped my mind around HOW I want to say something to get my opinion across in the most concise way possible. Online it is so much easier. I can type things out and then go back and edit as needed.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I think I come across the same personality wise. I'm very shy but friendly once I get to know someone enough to feel comfortable around them.

Dawn
Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It would be interesting to ask various people how they view us personality wise? I'm not sure I'd want to know the answers though!

Also would be interesting to do it based on first impressions and those that we are friends with
Old 05-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

i see that it totally depends on the environment i am in. even online there are different forums and different bunches of people and different communities with their own rules.
i think i tend to come across more serious and as a know-it-all online.
in real life i tend to smile and laugh more. but still i am a very differenciated thinker.
and this isn't easy to show online, especially not in second language.

i feel awkward in any social situation. online or real life... it's all the same for me.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think I come across as a bit quiet, a girl next door push over, sort of snotty/goody two shoes Pollyanna. lol! That sounds so boring...sorta mean... and I don't think I'm totally like that at all.

I'm more talkative/typative online, but it goes in spurts. I also don't think anyone knows who I am, so I always re-introduce myself, lol. I am a little quiet until I get to know you a bit IRL. I'm way silly, open to embarrassing myself, and love to laugh. I'm smiling most of the time, and do have a Pollyanna side effect - I tend to look for the good in everything. I love to have a good time, can have a dry/sarcastic sense of humor... but might keep it more to myself than if you knew me - I'm always afraid to offend people, lol! I'm a bit of a teetertotter - when I believe in something, I will stand up for it, if I am not confident, I will keep quiet. I don't curse... was a long time New Year's resolution I did.... and going with that thought, I'm a logical, thinker, super way organized person.

Now... I want to know what online people think of me... or do I? (insert fDr. Evil and his pinkie)

~Jenn