Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-27-2017, 11:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What's Going On This Week?

What's going on with y'all this week?

Regular week here for us. We're going to the library this afternoon so that DD can start her independent study project that's due in May (black panthers -- YAWN!). My mom's been sick so hopefully she's feeling better now that her antibiotics have kicked in. My parents announced we're going on our first family vacation this June to/around Mammoth Cave, KY so we're starting to plan what that's going to look like.

Oh, there is one nonegular thing going on. DH is interviewing with two different companies tomorrow. The job he has now is super stressful & is paying him way too little for what they are expecting from him. After insurance, taxes, and child support, he's barely bringing home half his paycheck but works all sorts of (unpaid) OT & has spent the last two weeks being trained on a new computer system that he's then supposed to teach everyone else at the plant + all the other plants this company owns.

Both jobs he's interviewing with would pay him significantly more + the one at the university has great benefits like helping to pay for our kids' college after DH has worked there 5 years. My dad retired from there in December but he made a call & got DH moved directly from applying to interviewing with the AVP of the department so we are cautiously hopeful & praying for the best.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

morning!
we are having a new furnace and ac unit installed. DD1 has a big mission project and then the usual meetings and sports. this weekend my friend got us a suite to Disney on Ice!!
Old 02-27-2017, 12:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good luck to your hubby, La! Crossing my fingers that one of those two interviews brings him a new adventure!!

Nothing big here...just work, school, blah, blah...lol

Old 02-27-2017, 01:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Going to disneyland paris on 1 en 2 march
Old 02-27-2017, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

Good luck to your hubby crossing fingers.

Today through Thursday I am volunteering at my son's book Fair at school.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 02-27-2017, 01:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
Going to disneyland paris on 1 en 2 march
That sounds like a dream...enjoy!

Old 02-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ollie turns 1 on Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2017, 06:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Britanee - no way!!!!! That's so quick!

DD is back to school this week after having 'winter break' last week, I'm getting ready for our trip to Arizona next week - sooooo much to think about bringing when you have to pack for an infant!!!!

Old 02-27-2017, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Britanee - no way!!!!! That's so quick!

It flew by! I'm not ready

Old 02-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am back to work after being sick last week. Good luck with the job interview and hopefully good news follows.

Hopefully March will be better for my son/daughter-in-law who had their oldest son die in February.

It is hard to now show excitement though for my daughter/son-in-law who will close in a couple of weeks on a new house.

Part of me is sad on the death of my grandson but excited for my daughter's family in their new big house.

No matter what life does go on and we just have to go along for the ride.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck to your hubby!

This week is all about switching the house around and spring cleaning! Why is it when you do this it always looks like your house was hit by a dang tornado? We have been at it all day long and it is still far from being done. The garbage men are going to hate us tomorrow.

Other than that, Ryan takes his GED test for Social Studies on Wed. This is his last one, he has past the others. And hubby has a few interviews coming up as well.

Me, after last week and the beginning of this week I am so ready to crash and not move an inch for a few days.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've not been doing much lately. We got really sick for a few weeks there and then I got really vit D deficient again, which makes me extremely tired and slothful. We have been playing lots of POkemon Go though haha

Old 02-27-2017, 11:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mostly a regular week around here. Work is crazy busy this time of year and my daughters dance Monday through Thursday and Saturdays. My oldest turns 15 on Wednesday so we'll have a low key family celebration and I took the day off work.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:51 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Good luck to your hubby at his interviews!

My hubby has recently revealed that he isn't happy at his job, when I thought he liked it. So, he's also interviewing for 2 different jobs. One of them is a serious pay cut but dream job material, I'm not sure if we could afford it. The other is dream job-ish but we wouldn't be losing as much money if he were to get it. Realistically, I hope he'll either stick with where he is, or get the dreamish job...

But, we finished the taxes and the refund should be enough to fix the weak spot in the floor so I'm stoked about that and I got a smog check on the car today, woot!!

Everything else around here is pretty normal... Speech therapy, Occupational therapy, waiting on ABA therapy, and wondering if our homestudy will ever get signed, lol...

Huggles!!
~Sarah~
Old 02-28-2017, 02:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not so much going on this week. DH has an appointment to the dentist tomorrow, he's gonna have a 'filling' and I'm talking to him about going with it so he could save his teeth. He has a beautiful teeh actually, but he's afraid of the procedure so I continue to tell him about the step by step and he was so scared he wants to call the clinic to reschedule

We received the weekly update/upcoming events from my DD's school so we're planning a road trip for the long weekends and Spring breaks. I so need a vacation.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing planned for this week. Just trying to keep the kids healthy/unhurt enough to spend a full week in school! We've got severe weather coming later, so today I'm readying our storm closet for the year - I always store extra boxes in there when I clean up for Christmas, but looks like we may need it already.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby is job hunting because as of tomorrow, he's officially retired after 20 years in the Army. I'm busy decluttering and cleaning so when we get a job we are ready to move asap.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a 6 hour launch/workshop for some accessibility laws for New Zealand which the committee im on is part of the working group, Wednesday Im meeting up with a friend for late lunch as I need her signature on a government justice check form to prove my identity as I have no official photo id. Thursday is going to be crazy, meeting from 10-12, lunch with family at 1pm, another meeting at 6.30pm. Friday morning I have a job interview for a disability advisory panel for the local city council (while its a job, its not a full time one so even if I got it I'd still look for full time work). In amongst all that I need to prep for my interview

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
That sounds like a dream...enjoy!

Thanks.
We have annual passes since 2011.so go there a few times a year.
Our dream is to disneyland california after being to wdw twice
Old 02-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck to DH! The university job would be great for sure!

We are in back to normal mode after having school break and spending 10 days in Savannah, GA on vacation. So hard to come back from that

Cheyanne is excited because she has her own car on the road finally and she just got another job that she'll start in a couple weeks. She's also finally been cleared for complete return to sports after her knee surgery back in September so she's been starting to jog again this week to get ready for track season.

Back to work for me this week (yawn) but I am taking Friday off so we can do a tour of a college she wants to apply to down in the southern part of our state (about 2.5 hours away). We'll spend the day down there and then hit up LL Bean and the outlets on our way home for some shopping. Other than that not much else going on!
Old 02-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to danagirl82

Good vibes for your hubby on his interviews! Hopefully, that will hold blessings for your family!

We have a regular week here. School, swim practice, work etc. We are celebrating a friends birthday this weekend and I got my nails done today! Those are the two big things going on in our week.