Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Calling all Aussie scrappers :)

Where is the best place to get a photo book printed? I've been looking online and you just can't tell quality from the websites of course.

The last books I got done were not the best so i need something new but would like to avoid ordering from a bunch of duds before finding a good one lol
Old 01-01-2019, 12:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've printed with Albumworks for the past five years or so (17 books now) and have always been very happy with them. Love them actually! I always print 12x12 'Classic' photobooks (100 to 150 pages) with photo covers - I've done both gloss and matte covers and like both of them. I also print standard definition - high definition is a bit out of my price range!
Old 01-01-2019, 01:24 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Kim - I think i've seen that one before. They have a 30%off - is that high for them or should i hold out?
Old 01-01-2019, 01:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

30% is OK. They sometimes do 40% off. Or 40 free pages or some other deal... how good the deal is will depend on how big you want your book to be. They seem to be having a new deal every few weeks at the moment (they always do this from about October to February) but the deals are different every year so I couldn't say when they might next have 40% off or better.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I used to use My Reflections (which I see is now Album Works). They were great, but then they stopped shipping overseas, so I had to find someone else. I now use Photobook Worldwide. They're always having big sales - up to 80% sometimes, and the quality is fine.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:07 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

do you get the layflat from them or the normal one?
Old 01-07-2019, 11:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
Thanks Kim - I think i've seen that one before. They have a 30%off - is that high for them or should i hold out?
Albumworks has a 40 free pages deal starting today - ending 30 Jan: https://www.albumworks.com.au/promotions

If I get my act together I will get a book printed using this offer - my book is about 134-136 pages which should make it ~33% saving. A 100 page book will give you ~23% off (if my calcs are correct) - so how much you save depends on the size of your book in this instance.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:52 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I've been really happy with Blurb in the past (I've had 10+ albums printed through them). They have a printing facility in Sydney, if I remember rightly, so postage isn't as pricey as it used to be. However, I haven't used Albumworks before (but am interested now), so I can't compare the two!

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020