Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 09/16 Boots

Do you wear them? What styles do you like? Do you have a fave pair?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've got quite a few short boots, most are flats but a few have short stacked heels. I've got some high lined quilted rubber boots for the winter that I wear when out hiking and walking Taz. They are my most comfortable pair and I love them.

My short boots are what I wear the most in the winter, as we get a bit of snow but not usually more than a few inches. I have boot slippers that I wear in the house all winter long which are so warm and comfy. I work at home so my slipper get a lot of use.

I bought a few pairs of dressier short rain boots last year when there was a big sale at the Bay and they get a lot of use here in this wet rainy BC weather.

I hate having wet feet and with all the rain and bit of snow we get around here, we don't get a lot of dry days so my boots get a lot of wear.

One of my fave pairs are burgundy, short boots with a thick sole like running shoes. They are so cute and really comfy.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ironically I live in Wisconsin and I only have one pair of boots. I have thick calfs and I can't wear anything with a heal... so it limits my choices. I'm more of a flat/loafer person.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a pair of knee high black boots that I sometimes wear in the winter. They only really work with a few pairs of pants I own so I don't wear them often. I also have issues with my feet so I can only wear them for short times.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a pair of winter boots. I'm going to have to get a better pair for this winter so I can continue to walk. The ones I have now are like 12 years old. I really don't like buying shoes and boots and all that sort of stuff. haha.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love boots! I have a cute utilitarian pair that I wear when I have to be outside & it's snowy/icy. The rest of my boots are for inside use only. I can't wear too high of a heel but I can't wear completely flat shoes, either, so they generally have a small wedge or heel.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:18 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 UGG types of boots; one is UGG one is not. I also have a low-heeled ankle boots. I've had no lucks in trying to find a pair of knee high boots that could fit my calves comfortably
Old 09-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I could wear them, but having size 12 feet makes it very difficult for me to find cute boots (or shoes of any kind really) so I don't get to wear the footwear I'd like to (which also limits my wardrobe -- I can't wear the cute dresses and outfits I want to wear because I don't have proper footwear.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a pair of short boots that I got at Costco our first year here to wear in the winter. They look a bit beat up, so maybe it's time for new ones?
Old 09-22-2019, 02:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a pair of winter boots that look like hiking boots I use for walking Harlow in the winter or playing in the snow. I have yet to find a pair that keep my toes warm. Would love a pair of boots that cover my calves for when we go traipsing through snow drifts but I have wide feet, a la Fred Flintstone, good size calves and I'm short.

I have a pair of short black boots that I wear often in the winter and a short pair of brown boots. Neither have high heels, flat or small stacked heel.

I would wear flip flops every day of the year if I could but not feasible during the winter, lol.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I used to wear lots of cute low boots with small heels when i was younger... fast forward ....4 kids, feet grew with the last two... then major foot issues...

I found, after 4 years of chronic pain, that Vionics work for me. Well, those boots are expensive and I'm cheap. Last winter I decided to try the Vionic inserts so I could try some cute boots for our Nashville vacation over Christmas.... I was able to get regular boots, but needed to do a wide and up half a size to fit the insert! YAY! I loved wearing boots again! I only have two pair.

I do have rainboots so me and the littles can stomp n splash on warm wet days.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-22-2019, 09:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ha, ha ... I have a few pairs of boots ... that is to say I have a few pairs of each type of boot, lol. I have a couple pairs of rain boots, several booties (black x2, brown, navy, gray, taupe), several pairs of tall boots (in shades of black and brown in various heel heights). I also have hiking boots, snow boots and probably something I'm totally forgetting about. I have a shoe problem!
Old 10-05-2021, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I wish I could wear them, but having size 12 feet makes it very difficult for me to find cute boots (or shoes of any kind really) so I don't get to wear the footwear I'd like to (which also limits my wardrobe -- I can't wear the cute dresses and outfits I want to wear because I don't have proper footwear.
girrrrrrrrlllll.... my eldest wears a twelve.... try a drag shop, no kidding. She has gotten some super cute stuff, mind you some are outrageous but a lot are not.

as for me I have lots of flip flops and one pair of sneakers.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love my boots! I used to have cowboy boots but they need replacing. I have some tall brown boots (they need replacing), short brown, short black. I can't do much of a heel...limits my choices a little. I love shoes though...a lot! I worked in a shoe store in high school...my addiction started then.
Now if I could I would be barefoot. I love my shoes but happy to take them off. Hubby fussed bc I will go outside to chat with the neighbors with no shoes. My oldest son is the same. He loves shoes but will happily go barefoot.
My newest addiction is Roxy and Blowfish tennis shoes...cute, cute patterns and colors.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Boot season is here and I am so happy! Love them. I have too many, I should be ashamed of myself, but I am not!

Old 10-05-2021, 10:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love boots as well! I have 2 pair of tall black boots (for indoors) and want to get a brown pair this year. I have 2 pair of black booties 1 gray and 1 taupe. I have a mid-high pair of black boots with a huge heel, and I'm not sure that I will ever where them - not even sure why I bought the as high as they are - lol. I have a pair of winter boots for the snow.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
girrrrrrrrlllll.... my eldest wears a twelve.... try a drag shop, no kidding. She has gotten some super cute stuff, mind you some are outrageous but a lot are not.
I have to laugh b/c I was going to say the same thing! My MIL is a size 12 and she told me that's where she gets all her shoes!
Old 10-05-2021, 10:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have lots and lots of boots, of every kind, but do I wear them? Not usually.... I hate shoes of any kind and prefer to be barefoot even in the winter. Have I mentioned I grew up in the frozen tundra of northern WI? If I'm not actually leaving the house but just running to the mailbox or whatever I won't put any shoes on. Still, I think they're cute and I buy them all with every intention of dressing up cute.... my favorites are the bootie kinds with little bows and chains and all the little decorations.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:50 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I see one the drive-by spammers hit this thread and bumped it to the top....BUT I love this subject, because I love boots, so thanks for that DBS.

I have only one pair of ankle booties - I really need to get a few more this year.

I have a few knee-high boots that I wear with skinny jeans. Only one pair would be usable in cold wintery weather and my pants always twist in them - love the boots, but the pant twisting drives me nuts.

I also have a pair that has a tall heel - only wear those when it strikes my fancy - which is not a lot because 9 times out of 10 I'm going to be on my feet a lot.

We were just discussing going on a day trip to a department clearance store near here because I heard they had some great boots there!

Oh, and I never buy boots for the cold wintery weather - we rarely get it. Like maybe every 5-7 years.

Old 10-06-2021, 11:41 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My favorite pair are my solid black Sperry duck boots. I actually asked for a second pair in gray with some fur. I also still love my old, broken-in furry Uggs.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have some Merrell hiking boots I love (comfort not fashion) and some very functional winter boots but I wear size 11 shoes and have wide calves so I have a really hard time finding cute, fashionable boots. The last time I found a pair of tall boots that fit, they were thigh high, red suede, spike heels. Fun but all I could do was stand still in them. Plus I don't have an occasion for that kind of boot lol!
Old 10-07-2021, 07:16 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I was just thinking about boots. It is usually too warm for them but it will occasionally get chilly enough so I have 1 go to pair that I love. I am needing some hiking boots though
Old 10-07-2021, 07:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

hmmm... you have put this little seed in my head of making a page about my boots!

Old 10-07-2021, 08:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just ordered a new pair of boots for autumn/winter and I love them. I have already worn them and ofcourse big blisters as a result. Anyone know if there's anything I can do about that ??
Old 10-07-2021, 10:04 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 pair of snow boots only used when I need to walk in more than 4 inches of snow. One is almost to the knee, the other is an inch or two above the ankle. Now that I'm retired I avoid being out in the snow so haven't worn them much in the last 4 years!

When I worked during the winter I would usually wear some boots that were just above the ankle with a small, stacked heel. My other fave shoes to wear were booties.

I do have a pair of knee high boots but they are so uncomfortable when I sit down. I'm short and they are too tall and dig into the back of my knee! So knee high boots are not for me.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ever since I had back surgery I've only been able to wear boots with just enough of a heel to give me support. I can't wear flats and I can't wear high heels. I have two pairs of boots that are super duper warm. One for going shopping or going "out" and one for trudging through the snow or when I go for walks. Those are so snuggly warm that my feet actually sweat in them! I've had them since the Stone Age and they're still going strong. I do have ankle length booties that I wear occasionally with jeans which is rare because I literally live in leggings.

Old 10-07-2021, 10:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jaye, I have a pair of Baffin Boots (made in Canada for Canadian winters) which are very warm and great for those cold winter walks. I have yet to get cold toes in them. I've had mine for ages and they just don't wear out! I have wide feet too and they fit me just right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I have a pair of winter boots that look like hiking boots I use for walking Harlow in the winter or playing in the snow. I have yet to find a pair that keep my toes warm. Would love a pair of boots that cover my calves for when we go traipsing through snow drifts but I have wide feet, a la Fred Flintstone, good size calves and I'm short.

I have a pair of short black boots that I wear often in the winter and a short pair of brown boots. Neither have high heels, flat or small stacked heel.

I would wear flip flops every day of the year if I could but not feasible during the winter, lol.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love boots and I have a lot of them! LOL The pair I wear the most is my very-unglamorous Bogs boots for wearing in the muck while doing barn chores. My favourite are a brown leather riding-boot style that are oh so pretty! I also have my Sorel winter boots, a couple of Sorel leather ankle booties (my friend is a sales rep, so I get them cheaper) a few pair of Ugg boots. (Ugly, but oh-so-comfortable!) I also have a number of cowboy boots of varying styles and colour. I almost never wear them, but they make me happy just to see them (and hubby buys them for me... that's the price of him getting to go to Houston rodeo without me every year! LOL)
Old 10-08-2021, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have one pair of low heeled boots in black but thats it. I want to get a pair of flatter more casual ones though if I can

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 10-09-2021, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
I see one the drive-by spammers hit this thread and bumped it to the top....BUT I love this subject, because I love boots, so thanks for that DBS.
Drive-by Spammers!

I was so confused when I popped into the thread to reply and saw that I already did... last year!

I still only have one pair of boots, unless you count my Sloggers that I use for the farm.

I want to find a good pair for this year but I need something with a lot of insole cushion. I have had lots of foot issues this year. I stumbled across a pair of Crocs wedges and then Crocs tennis shoes, and now I've been buying all the Crocs ones I can find that feel good. That bouncy feel on the sole is exactly what I need for my poor feet! I couldn't wear dress shoes before finding the Crocs wedges. I haven't seen any boots yet though.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I have a pair of winter boots. I'm going to have to get a better pair for this winter so I can continue to walk. The ones I have now are like 12 years old. I really don't like buying shoes and boots and all that sort of stuff. haha.
So it’s been 2 years, did you get new ones? Lol

Old 10-11-2021, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know it's an old thread, but boots are boots!

I have 2 high boots for Church- 1 black/brown and one brown. But I need a few more pairs!

I need recommendations though! I also have feet issues and need as much cushion as I can get! All the cute little pretty boots have like zero cushion! I prefer NOT to purchase any shoes online because I have to try them on and see if they will hurt my feet first! I found a cute pair when we were Up North a couple weeks ago, they were super cushy and I really liked them, price was good too. But because we had been walking around already, I don't know if my feet hurt because of them, or already hurt and they made me feel it more?

I would love just a cute, everyday pair to wear fall/winter. I'm open to any suggestions (budget friendly anyways).
Old 10-12-2021, 09:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love boots and being in FL can't really wear that often. I prefer my boots to have heels, stilettos, platform style.....biker boot style with heels....I find go go boots totally fun....