Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default A Healthier Me in 2016: January 11-17

Hey girls!

This is our weekly post where you can check in with your weight loss & fitness journey! Anyone is free to post if you're looking for encouragement, want to share recipes, or just want to chat about what's working for you or what isn't!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have to tell you guys about my dinner last night.

I took this recipe for zucchini spinach lasagna and modified it a bit to make it only 2 servings. I also added mushrooms.

Instead of layering the ingredients in a casserole dish, I layered them in 2 large ramekins.

Perfect individual lasagnas and only 7 WW points!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Well I have been doing really well with not eating out but I guess that learning how to make homemade cinnabon cinnamon rolls was probably not the best way to lose weight while eating at home.

I did get out last week and walk twice BUT the cedar pollen is so bad here I need to think up a new plan that I can workout in the house so that I am not a itchy sneezy mess!!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

I am wishing it was warmer so I could go walking the wind chill where I am at makes it feel like 15 degrees colder so i am trying to get my steps in by walking in place while watching the golden globes from last night and my knees are on fire. I cant wait till warmer weather comes.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 01-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am still trying to get jump started.... years ago I decided enough was enough when I was in a lot of pain and couldn't sleep because of my weight. I didn't really follow any specific diet, I just said to myself no more sugar (which unfortunately is more of my diet ), and I taught myself portion control. A lot of people rag on portion control the same way as counting calories, that it feels like you are "starving" yourself.... but I took the time to research and learn about food, I made it a habit to read every label and in a lot of cases I couldn't eat the amount on my plate because it was too much!! So I want to get back at that.... not only did I lose weight, but I dropped a lot fast. The hardest part is going to be the Sugar detox... it's the worst 3 weeks ever (not just for me, but for everyone around me), but after I'm through it, not only do I feel better, but I don't even crave it at all. The one good thing I have going for me is I only like to drink water and drink lots of it (besides my morning coffee of course).... so there's one hurdle that seem to give a lot of people a hard time taken care of
Old 01-11-2016, 04:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree Jenn - portion control is important! And all calories are not equal. I'd rather have a huge meal of calorie dense foods at 400 calories than have something that barely fills half a plate for 400 calories. That's why I love eating plant based - it's so much food for each meal for only 400 calories or even less. I'm full and satisfied until my next meal with no snacking in between.

Sugar is a bitch for sure and was my weakness too - I've been doing well for the past month though (even through Christmas) and now a lot of things taste way too sweet and I don't want them
Old 01-11-2016, 07:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I felt that my week 1 was really good except I need to increase the exercise. I have been walking and getting around 7,500 steps (fitbit) but I need to step that up. I have over 50 pounds to loose so I know that I need to get the exercise ramped up to really speed up the loss.

I cut out all bread after 1:00 and that seems to really help my weight loss. Luckily I have a great husband that is also participating with me and it is alot easier when we both are working to the same goal.

Thanks Libby for some suggestions on breakfast; I did boil some eggs (I need one of those darn egg cookers) and that was a great addition to my dry ceral (don't care for milk)
Old 01-11-2016, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Last week was a complete wash. Today I'm on track though.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Last week was the first week of a brand new work schedule for me - I'm now working "normal" (daytime) hours and I think it will make a difference in my eating habits. I also just started drinking Plexus ... AND this is day 3 san-Coke. (Regular, full sugar coke). Have to say, I have a whopping headache right now and am pretty certain it's from no soda. I can do this ... I have gained 40+ pounds over the past 10 years and am ready to get in shape.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Last week was the first week of a brand new work schedule for me - I'm now working "normal" (daytime) hours and I think it will make a difference in my eating habits. I also just started drinking Plexus ... AND this is day 3 san-Coke. (Regular, full sugar coke). Have to say, I have a whopping headache right now and am pretty certain it's from no soda. I can do this ... I have gained 40+ pounds over the past 10 years and am ready to get in shape.
When I quit my Pepsi habit 2 years ago I had whopping headaches for about a week! Eating an apple in the morning with some nut butter helped - lots of natural sugar in apples and some protein and fat from the nut butter to satisfy hunger.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Biggest thing I'm doing this week is getting back to aqua zumba after 3 weeks off due to christmas/new year break

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-12-2016, 08:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
Biggest thing I'm doing this week is getting back to aqua zumba after 3 weeks off due to christmas/new year break
I Love aqua zumba!!! (And i'm not a fan of zumba or swim type settings lol) i go every summer to the class at the community pool. I'd go during the winter at the Y, but their pool area smells horrible, like I know pool chemicals smell, but my eyes burn and the smell nearly knocks me out and that's BEFORE even getting in the pool 😒 kind of a bummer.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I'm at my heaviest ever and keep telling myself today is the day I start logging on My Fitness Pal again. Anyone here use it?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I've used MFP in the past and was successful with it. For me, it was just making myself stick to it. I'd do it for a month or so and then slack off and stop tracking. But when I used it regularly, I definitely saw results.

And I hear ya! I'm at my heaviest, too. I am determined to change cause I don't like what I see in the mirror anymore.

Last edited by Libby Pritchett; 01-12-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Maybe we could form a group MFP? I'm so much better when I'm held accountable.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quitting caffeine will give you a massive headache and depending on how much your body needs it could take days to get rid of the headache.

I use MFP some but not all. I use online Weight Watchers mostly for my points etc.

I also love the accountability so I am willing to go along with MFP if people want to.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have MFP but am not tracking yet. I'm focussed on one change at a time so that it becomes a habit

Sent from my SM-G318H using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Weigh in today - 0.5lb lost.

I was hoping for more but honestly can't complain since I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my bump looks like it's grown overnight lol.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Gemma - my daughter actually lost weight with her first pregnancy because she improved her eating (better food and less fast food). I think that is a great weight loss for being pregnant - don't worry about scale since you have a little peanut needing to grow. Just keep eating healthier which will help you control the weight gain that pregnancy will bring plus help with the weight loss after pregnancy.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Weighed in tonight and was SHOCKED when it was down 4.2 lbs from last week!!! I was hoping for 2! So, that puts me at a total of 6.4 so far, and I got a 5lb star tonight.

I'm afraid that it was a fluke and I won't see much of a loss next week, but whatever.. I'm gonna take it while I can get it! LOL
Old 01-14-2016, 10:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Weighed in tonight and was SHOCKED when it was down 4.2 lbs from last week!!! I was hoping for 2! So, that puts me at a total of 6.4 so far, and I got a 5lb star tonight.

I'm afraid that it was a fluke and I won't see much of a loss next week, but whatever.. I'm gonna take it while I can get it! LOL
That's awesome Libby!

You all are doing so well!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 01-15-2016, 07:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Yay Libby! I agree, take what you can get
Old 01-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Weight Watchers people, I have a question for you

I have never done it before, so I am clueless.

Can you only make recipes that are weight watchers friendly? Or could you cook a recipe that you always cook and calculate the points based on the ingredients? My biggest worry is that this will take too much time and I'll be cooking separate meals for my self and my family!
Old 01-15-2016, 03:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Cindy, YES! You can take recipes that you normally cook, plug the ingredients in, and tell it how many servings, and it will tell you how many points. It's actually pretty quick to do.

For example, I made stuffed peppers the other day. It's just my recipe, not a WW one. So, I put it all the ingredients, said I was making 7 peppers, and it showed me that each one was 6 points.

The thing with WW is that you can eat ANYTHING. You can eat out (a TON of restraurants are in their database). Sure, some things are going to be more points than what you want to spend, but there are ways that you can allow an indulgence on those things once in a while.

They also have a "quick add" feature so that if you just know something is 5 points, you can just type it in without having to search or whatever.

And they have a calculator where if you have a nutrition label, you can plug the calories, fat, sugar, and protein to find how many points it is.

Lastly, they have a barcode scanner on the app, so if you're in the grocery store, you can just scan the barcode to see how many points an item is. I find that VERY useful.

All in all, I know I've only been on it 2 weeks, but I really love it and have found it VERY easy to adapt to.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow, that sounds like something that would work for me then. I just want to lose about 10 pounds, but I know I won't stick to something that deprives me of everything that tastes good!

I'm doing the Shred life 2 week Cleanse right now, I don't know if I will get through the two weeks or not, but I've been on it for 5 days and lost 4 pounds....but it's HARD! But once I'm done it I don't want to gain the weight back and want to lose a little more, so I'm really thinking about trying weight watchers!

Do you find that you are ever hungry during the day? or if you make healthier choices (with few treats now and then included), that the number of points is generally satisfying?
Old 01-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, in the last 2 weeks, I've only eaten my full number of daily points a couple of times. I'm usually very satisfied. Fruits and veggies are zero points, so if I'm hungry, I'll munch on an apple or some carrots or something.

You are given a daily point range (mine is 32) plus an extra weekly amount (for me, it's 42). The weekly number is to dip into now and then when the daily just isn't doing it for you. Plus, you get points for working out. You can swap those for food if you choose. I haven't swapped mine, but I know it's an option if I'm hungry.

Really, it's about eating the right types of foods. Lean proteins are far less points than say... cake. LOL So, you can fill up on the low point stuff and still be able to splurge a little now and then for a treat. (I made mini muffins for Chloe's preschool class last week, and I couldn't resist having one myself for 3 points).

Good luck!!
Old 01-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for all the info Libby! <3
Old 01-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Awesome, Libby! Way to go!! I'm off to create a new me on My Fitness Pal. I figure, new start, new id.... This will be my cleanse, so to speak
Old 01-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Good for you! A fresh start always feels nice!
Old 01-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Libby - sometimes I think you may see a big weight loss one week and then a 1 pound the next week; that is your body adjusting to the food and your exercise.

I weigh in tomorrow so I am hoping for a big number since I have really watched this week and walked alot.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:58 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing the Beachbody 21 day fix for the last 2 weeks. It consists of some tough work outs everyday, clean, whole food eating, and portion control. I haven't done my 2nd week weight in and measurements yet (monday), but the first week I was down 2.2 lbs and 5 inches!! I was very excited about the inches. I know I'm gaining muscle cause these workouts are TOUGH!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh man, yeah, those 21 Day Fix workouts are NO joke. They are seriously hard. I'm getting ready to start P90, but I think I may try 21DF again after that. This sounds petty, but I can't stand Autumn on the 21DF videos. LOL That makes it hard for me to follow her.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
Congrats Libby - sometimes I think you may see a big weight loss one week and then a 1 pound the next week; that is your body adjusting to the food and your exercise.

I weigh in tomorrow so I am hoping for a big number since I have really watched this week and walked alot.
Oh good for you! Please let us know how it goes! Walking helps a LOT!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:15 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

LOL, I feel the same about Tony Horton, hahaha! My hubby wants to do P90x3 after we are done, but I'm worried he'll drive me crazy!! Too funny. Regardless of the annoying instruction, the workouts on both are great....and hard!!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

haha See, I don't mind Tony Horton at all, but I want to stab Autumn with a fork. LOL

You're totally right though! Both excellent workouts, and as long as we're moving, that's what matters, right?
Old 01-15-2016, 08:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Libby!!

So far - still no Coke for me!! I did go through a few days of a headache - and am over that, but man, I've been craving a Coke for 2 days now - but I'm not giving in! I did not weigh myself before I started making changes, but can feel a difference in my energy and how my jeans fit. In fact, I'm wearing a pair that I couldn't fit into 2 weeks ago. Small steps!!

Can I ask what MFP is?
Old 01-15-2016, 09:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Usually MFP stands for myfitnesspal.com which is a site you can input your food & exercise. I actually like the site better than alot of others since it tells you alot of information about the foods you are eating such as calories, fat, sugar, sodium.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't used MFP in quite a while but just updated mine and added today's meals
Old 01-16-2016, 12:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Haven't weighed in yet this week (will do on Sunday) but I have accomplished cutting out carbonated drinks! Woohoo! I haven't had a carbonated drink in a little over 7-9 days! I have made my water intake to two and half 20 oz water bottles per day, so a total of 50 oz daily! Slow progress, but I'm working on it slowly! I had sweet tea last night and tonight with dinner! Tonight was my "free" dinner night as it was my grandmothers birthday and we went to Olive Garden - but I did choose one of the new "lighter fare" meals and it was delicious! I have been eating more veggies and measuring everything and weighing everything for portion control pretty well and keeping health snack as work where there are so many unhealthy ones have been key to me surviving this week!

Even if I weigh in this week and haven't lost any weight, I am eating healthy and maintaining it pretty well!

Way to go ladies!

Old 01-16-2016, 08:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Weighed in today and I am down 3.8 pounds (almost made that 4 pound mark). I feel less tired and have more energy so everything is considered good.

My main objective this month has been working on this change becoming a lifestyle change; more water and choosing the best food for my lifestyle but also something I enjoy. I have decided that for me having bread late in the day is not beneficial to me.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Great job, everyone! I did my second weigh in yesterday, and I'm down another 2 lbs for 4.5 lost. This is blowing my mind-before I started my thyroid meds, I would have had to work much harder than this to lose .5 lb in 2 weeks.

I'm really loving the new Weight Watchers program. I already ate lots of vegetables and lean protein, but this program has given me the push I needed to eat less cheese (which always happens when I'm tracking) and cut out almost all sugary treats (which I've never been motivated to do before, even while counting calories or doing earlier WW programs. I used to keep eating 1/day, and now I'm allowing myself 1/week).

I didn't do well enough getting my steps in this week or working out. The food part is always easier for me than taking the time to exercise. More steps and 2 short workouts is my goal this week.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2016, 10:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like everyone is doing great!

I don't own a scale so I have no idea if I've lost any weight or not but when I visit my parents on Monday I'll check on their scale. I'm more concerned at this point with eating for health - staving off cancer, heart disease, strokes, etc. Once I stopped eating ALL dairy 2 months ago I started to feel sooooo much better in many ways and now there is nothing in the world of dairy that would tempt me enough to go back to feeling like crap again. Now that I cut out ALL processed oils (no more EVOO, etc.) I expect I'll drop a few more pounds, and I'm finding that foods taste so much better without that oily feeling/taste in my mouth. Good healthy food tastes so good now and I don't miss the foods I thought I could never live without.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

YAY! I'm so proud of all of you!! Congrats on all the losses!

Marie, I totally get what your'e saying. In just the 2 weeks that I've been doing this, I already feel SO much better. I have a cold right now, and before it would've knocked me DOWN. But I feel well enough now that I'm able to blow my nose and keep going. I haven't made the same changes that you've made but just eating more fruits/veggies and less sugar has made a world of difference.

I'm focusing on more water and exercise this week. I'm still struggling to get my full water amount in (body weight in pounds, divided in half, and drink that amount in ounces). But I'm making progress. I don't drink anything else (no sodas, juices, etc), so it isn't a matter of giving those up. I just don't get thirsty very often, and I don't think about drinking water.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

More veggies is never a bad thing Libby that's for sure. I almost don't dare to say it for fear of jinxing myself, but I haven't had so much as a sniffle in well over a year now and Cheyanne hasn't had anything either in just about as long - all her friends and teammates have been so sick this winter but she has come through unscathed
Old 01-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I got a large water bottle that holds 24 oz and I fill it up 4 times a day which is my water. I also purposely drink a 20oz bottle of water in the car on the way to work which is extra and then I try and get one before I leave for home and drink that on the way home.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I haven't weighed myself at all but based on the ease of getting my swimsuit on today I'm pretty sureuy I've either lost weight or centimetres. I don't know why I haven't faced up to the scale yet but I think deep down I'm scared to see exactly how bad my weight is.

Sent from my SM-G318H using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram