Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-31-2020, 08:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default January 2021: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Anticipate
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : Hopeful Themes/Titles
Create a page using an SSD product(s) that features a hopeful theme or title.

#3. Featured : Erica, Bobbie & Amber
A brand new series of Featured Designer freebies is here for 2021, and we can’t wait for these fun kits to inspire you! Thanks to a suggestion from community member, Lisa aka Armygrl, our theme this year is focused on all of those special days that make up our sweet memories. From Rainy Days to Ordinary Days, A Day at the Zoo or even a Kinda Nice Day like Erica’s first kit in the series, we can’t wait for you to get your hands on these beauties! Taking inspiration from these fun kits, each month we’ll be asking you to scrap a page focused on the kind of day our designers are celebrating in their featured designer freebies! You’re welcome to use the kit itself, or simply scrap a page inspired by the title, but get creative and let your imagination take the lead.

#4. Inspired By : Love to Collect Wallpaper
Let this gorgeous Love to Collect wallpaper image inspire your layout. Think about color, or memory boards, or repeating design, or vintage themes, or collections... etcetera.

#5. Dealers Choice : Pocket Page
Have some fun creating a pocket page layout with the focus on elements and titles which overlap multiple boxes and pocket “edges”.
SugarBabe Krista is a master of this technique, so check out her gallery and start thinking “outside the box”.

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Alternate Views
Go outside the norm this month and try to discover a creative way to capture & showcase your subject(s) within a viewfinder frame.

#8. So Sketchy : Monthly Inspiration!
Use the following sketch as inspiration for your layout.

#9. Seasonal : Opposite Day
January 25th is Opposite Day... so have some fun scraping a page that celebrates the people / things in your life that are polar opposites.

#10. Typography : Only Hope Font
Download font and use it on your layout. I thought this one might be a bit more of a challenge to use in traditional text... but think it'd be fantastically FUN for titlework!

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Trios
Create a page that's broken down into three distinct columns or rows.

#13. Journal : Looking Forward
2020 was a rough year for all of us, but I think that has made us that much more hopeful for a better 2021. Take some time to journal your hopes for the new year.

#14. Currently : Hoping for....

#15. List : Top 10
Scrap a page that features a list of the top 10 things you're most hopeful about in 2021.

#16. Pop Culture : New Year's Resolutions
New Year's Resolutions tend to get a lot of attention when a new calendar year trips over. I think a lot of those I see are made in regards to fitness and health... but they can really be about anything you'd love to achieve in the coming 12 months. No matter what you choose the real key to success is simply to focus on something that's meaningful to you! So consider things like crafts, reading, cooking, gardening, cleaning, organizing, traveling, photography, etcetera when you're looking to establish yours for this year. Resolutions: you may love'em or loathe'em... if you love'em scrap about your 2021 resolution. If you're in the loathe'em camp then simply scrap about what some of the more general goals are that you're hoping to reach in 2021.

#17. Details : Paint
Play up the use of paint and make it an important focus of your layout.

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim E. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by lingovise; 01-02-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Such a great month full of inspo! I am loving the new challeges like the sketch and dealers choice.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oooh I love the sketch challenge addition! Does it replace the quote challenge?
Old 01-01-2021, 05:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
oooh I love the sketch challenge addition! Does it replace the quote challenge?
It does!
Old 01-01-2021, 05:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

13. 15 and 16 all sound like the same prompt to me. Any ideas how to differentiate them rather than do 3 pages about basically the same topic? Thanks - sometimes I am just too literal with the prompts...
Old 01-01-2021, 08:01 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysheryl View Post
13. 15 and 16 all sound like the same prompt to me. Any ideas how to differentiate them rather than do 3 pages about basically the same topic? Thanks - sometimes I am just too literal with the prompts...
At first glance, I was thinking of making a 2 page spread. The left being a list (#15), the right being #13 with the list exanded into journaling.
I don't know about #16. They are really similar themes.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestcee View Post
At first glance, I was thinking of making a 2 page spread. The left being a list (#15), the right being #13 with the list exanded into journaling.
Great idea!!
Old 01-12-2021, 12:34 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestcee View Post
I don't know about #16. They are really similar themes.
does seem like a GREAT idea!!!

hey girl, great to see you here!!!!!!
(I had to look twice, you know my brain, but there can't be more than one bestcee, right? apologies if you aren't "my " bestcee LOL)

I have to say, even if the prompts are similar, I think is great sometimes to have different outlooks in ways to approach .....especially after the year we had, I welcome similar prompts to make a record of everything, I want to start chronological scrapping again, and this helps.
(you may see pages with old photos, because my daughter has forbidden me to post current ones of hers LOL)

also, January is an extremely busy months to some of us, so, if I don;t have to think very hard on how to approach, also welcome!!!!!!

Thanks Loni, always a Queen!!!!!

I'm gonna get started now, not sre I will get to cover 18 this month, but love the prompts, the wall paper one id one of my faves, and featured designers are AWESOME!!!!!!!

miss you Bobbie!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2021, 09:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I agree that two of these deal with hopeful ideas... however, the motivation behind each came from different places. #13 for heavier heartfelt topics & #15 for lighter more carefree & fun topics. Two sides of the same coin, perhaps?

#13. Journal : Looking Forward ... journal about how your personal experiences of 2020 have directly influenced and shaped your hopes for 2021. This prompt was really meant to inspire a deeper reflection on your hopes and wishes for the coming year. For example, my family's health and isolation severely impacted our daily lives, and the choices and sacrifices we made together.

Scrap a page that features a list of the top 10 things you're most hopeful about in 2021.
I think Top 10 lists, in general, are usually pretty superficial... so the idea behind this prompt was meant to be like a lighter twist on things you're hopeful about. Like finally being able to send my kids back to school, hoping my husband will finally learn where his hamper is located and discover what it's true purpose is, having the luxury of being able to spend 25 minutes in the store trying to decide which laundry softener smells the best before I buy it. Light, silly, fun things...

#16. Pop Culture : New Year's Resolutions... hope never crossed my mind for this one - lol. Resolutions for me are all about setting attainable goals and mapping out methods on how to best achieve them. Resolutions at our house are all about focusing on what you want to change or new directions you'd like to explore and then creating pathways forward that will help to ensure that you are successful. Of course, if resolutions aren't your thing then maybe you could focus on simple goals to set or changes you'd like to make for yourself or your family.

Does that help? I hope.... lol.

ETA: Another idea is to create your Top 10 List for #15 and then choose ONE of those items from that list & make it the focus of your page for #13.

Also, these are just suggestions. You could absolutely make your journaling page fun rather than heartfelt. In the end, it's all about YOU and what inspires you to create pages that are meaningful to you. Interpretation is key... bend the prompt to work for you, if that's what's needed ♥

Last edited by lingovise; 01-02-2021 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
I agree that two of these deal with hopeful ideas... however, the motivation behind each came from different places. #13 for heavier heartfelt topics & #15 for lighter more carefree & fun topics. Two sides of the same coin, perhaps?

#13. Journal : Looking Forward ... journal about how your personal experiences of 2020 have directly influenced and shaped your hopes for 2021. This prompt was really meant to inspire a deeper reflection on your hopes and wishes for the coming year. For example, my family's health and isolation severely impacted our daily lives, and the choices and sacrifices we made together.

I think Top 10 lists, in general, are usually pretty superficial... so the idea behind this prompt was meant to be like a lighter twist on things you're hopeful about. Like finally being able to send my kids back to school, hoping my husband will finally learn where his hamper is located and discover what it's true purpose is, having the luxury of being able to spend 25 minutes in the store trying to decide which laundry softener smells the best before I buy it. Light, silly, fun things...

#16. Pop Culture : New Year's Resolutions... hope never crossed my mind for this one - lol. Resolutions for me are all about setting attainable goals and mapping out methods on how to best achieve them. Resolutions at our house are all about focusing on what you want to change or new directions you'd like to explore and then creating pathways forward that will help to ensure that you are successful. Of course, if resolutions aren't your thing then maybe you could focus on simple goals to set or changes you'd like to make for yourself or your family.

Does that help? I hope.... lol.

ETA: Another idea is to create your Top 10 List for #15 and then choose ONE of those items from that list & make it the focus of your page for #13.

Also, these are just suggestions. You could absolutely make your journaling page fun rather than heartfelt. In the end, it's all about YOU and what inspires you to create pages that are meaningful to you. Interpretation is key... bend the prompt to work for you, if that's what's needed ♥
Thank you so much - this does help a lot and thanks to Courtney, too for the ideas!
Old 01-01-2021, 10:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So we could use inspiration from Erica's Kinda Nice Day but then we could scrap our page with a kit from Bobbie. Is that correct? Also, I am still a tad new and I don't know the first names of all the designers. Could their store name also be listed or at least linked to their name?

Edit! Geesh, Amy, I'm so sorry!! I accidentally hit edit instead of quote and inadvertently altered your post!! I'm incredibly sorry about that! Yikes. It feels like a Monday morning

Last edited by lingovise; 01-02-2021 at 12:03 PM. Reason: oops! hit edit instead of quote!
Old 01-02-2021, 12:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjcaz View Post
So we could use inspiration from Erica's Kinda Nice Day but then we could scrap our page with a kit from Bobbie. Is that correct? Also, I am still a tad new and I don't know the first names of all the designers. Could their store name also be listed or at least linked to their name?
That's correct you can use any SSD product you'd like, doesn't have to be from the FD.
& I usually always link the designer's name to their shoppe but somehow managed to forget this time! Am fixing now, thanks ♥
Old 01-02-2021, 01:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Love the new challenges!

41. Seattle