Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mye
Default Anyone on MAC?

I need a little help

I am now in Singapore with my DH and kids and finally I got to see his gift for me - a macbook! Yay! But then something's ticking me off - the color when i look at the sites or on kits...it seems a bit of reddish for me. It feels awkward and I'm not sure if I am just adjusting. Does anyone had this experience?

Sorry, I am a total mac newbie
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Yay... what an exciting gift!!! If the color seems off and the screen seems dim, you might just try manually tweaking the brightness by pressing F2 to make it brighter. If the brightness is fine and the color is still a little off, you can calibrate the monitor/screen. Thankfully, on a Mac, this is very easy!

Click on the Apple menu > System Preferences. Look under Hardware in the preferences pane and click Displays. Click the Color tab and click the calibrate button. This takes you into the Calibration Assistant, which will guide you through everything. I used a photo that I had printed from my printer as my point of reference so that what I saw on screen would be what I get when I print.

Give it a try and you should be good to go!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I totally had the same problem when I got my Mac, but I totally can't remember what I did. Mine is set to CIE RGB now, but I don't know what that means, lol.

Until I figured it out, I wanted to puke every time I looked at my new VERY expensive screen!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think it partly depends on how true the colors were on your old computer. My old laptop was always off so other than turning down the brightness a bit, my Mac was pretty much perfect from the beginning.

Do all your colors look off or is it just when you are browsing the web? If you're using Safari, it does have color management so web colors tend to be more vibrant and true rather than desaturated but you might just not be used to that yet coming from a PC.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mye

Awww thank you girls. I sure do love it. It looks more vibrant, not just on the web but even on my files so I might try calibrating it. Thanks for your tips