Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2021, 08:30 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default 30 Days of Thanks - November 16th

Today I am thankful that we finally got our family for Christmas. Many years ago we decided to adopt a family for Christmas through the Salvation Army and we just found out that we will be sponsoring a single mother with twin 13 year old daughters this year.

This is the highlight of the season for me for many reasons.

First, I am thankful to be in a position where I can afford to help others have a nicer holiday.

Second, giving to others is the best thing about the holiday in my eyes, so I love this part. Giving to others who have a true need makes it so much better.

Third, I love shopping for people I don't know because I don't have preconceived notions about them and what they will like. I have a list and I just fill the list.

Fourth, we get together as a family and have a wrapping party for the presents we buy and it is the highlight of our holiday season. We just have so much fun!

Fifth, while it may look like we are helping out someone else, in truth, we are really giving ourselves a gift that makes the holiday extra special. Holiday win-win!
Old 11-16-2021, 02:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful right now, but I may be regretful later.....

My Harlow's granddaughter, Juno is coming to spend the night and tomorrow while her owners are out of town. Having that puppy energy is sweet and feeds my puppy love.

I will be asking myself why tomorrow when I am trying to get things done, making sure doors are closed, getting two dogs ready for puppy camp and I am all around exhausted because I had a crazy Lab puppy in my house.

Hoping to get some cute pictures though.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lorie I love that you're doing this, giving to a family in need.

Today I'm thankful that the nurse who took my blood for some lab work didn't insist on trying to get it through my arm. Both my arms are so bruised from trying to donate blood last week and it didn't go too well.
So today she tried once then decided to do it from the top of my hand. She got what she needed and was very gentle. So thankful!
Old 11-18-2021, 08:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Im thankful for the Marco Polo app. My college friends have recently started using it, and it's so much fun sending videos back and forth.