Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-11-2021, 03:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default 30 Days of Thanks - November 11th

Today I'm thankful to be able to be home on my first day of period. I was so thankful to be rid of my period when I was pregnant and breastfeeding. I think I scored big and was rid of them totaling 6.5 years. But now that they are back they are super heavy at the beginning and it's painful. It was never this way before having babies.

So I'm thankful to be home to take care of my business, not having to worry about changing anything into a public restroom.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

today I am thankful that after work I get to go home to a quiet house after my day at work.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's Remembrance Day here in Canada... and I'm thankful for the men and women who fought for our country, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful for preventative medicine and not letting discomfort stop me from getting important tests done. I had a diagnostic colonoscopy on Monday. The procedure itself is a piece of cake (love that propofol!) it's just the prep that's not a lot of fun. But I got the pathology report back today. They removed two 2cm polyps that came back as adenomatous, or pre-cancerous.

I'm grateful they are gone. I'm grateful they were removed before they became cancerous. And I'm grateful we now know that I'm at a higher risk of growing more of these, so I can get more frequent colonoscopies and have them removed while they're no big deal.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today, I am grateful for my ancestors, because, well first off, I wouldn't be here without them and second because they helped build this country that I am proud to call home.

On my mom's side I am a Mayflower descendent and my dad's side of the family settled Henrico, County Virginia in 1602. They went on to settle other parts of Virginia/West Virgina as well, such as Jackson, Ritchie and Calhoun counties to name a few and have made those areas their home ever since. It's great for researching genealogy, so thanks for not moving around much family!

Both sides of my family were there for all the battles that were fought to make this country what it is today. We fought and died in the Revolutionary war, were at Valley Forge with Washington, and we had brother fighting brother in the Civil War. My Nutter branch operated stops on the Underground Railroad and were almost wiped out standing up for what they believed in.

I had relatives in fight in every war in American history and many branches of our family tree ended on battle fields with the deaths of grandfathers, uncles, cousins, etc. In WWII my great grandparents, Robert and Sarah, lost Bud, Bob, Virgil and Keith in battle over a three year period. Yet even after that, when their youngest son was old enough to serve he enlisted and continued the fight.

My family heroes have played a major role in defending this country, our ideals and way of life, so today, on Veteran's Day, I am thankful for their courage and their contributions in blood, sweat and tears.

My heartfelt thanks go out to all the current American service people and to all the veterans throughout all the years that have kept me and mine safe, happy and free. Bless each and every one of them.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Today I'm thankful to be able to be home on my first day of period. I was so thankful to be rid of my period when I was pregnant and breastfeeding. I think I scored big and was rid of them totaling 6.5 years. But now that they are back they are super heavy at the beginning and it's painful. It was never this way before having babies.

So I'm thankful to be home to take care of my business, not having to worry about changing anything into a public restroom.
Girl, I feel you. I started taking Vitex supplements a couple of years ago, and it made a huge difference for me.

Yesterday, my tender-hearted daughter brought home a 2 week old kitten she rescued from the sewer by our house, and today it was still alive. I feel so thankful it didn't die in the night, but I really wish it would stop crying!
Old 11-12-2021, 12:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Girl, I feel you. I started taking Vitex supplements a couple of years ago, and it made a huge difference for me.

Yesterday, my tender-hearted daughter brought home a 2 week old kitten she rescued from the sewer by our house, and today it was still alive. I feel so thankful it didn't die in the night, but I really wish it would stop crying!
Wow, that is so young. Are you able to feed it. It will probably stop crying if it's tummy is full. Until it needs to be filled again.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Today, I am grateful for my ancestors, because, well first off, I wouldn't be here without them and second because they helped build this country that I am proud to call home.

On my mom's side I am a Mayflower descendent and my dad's side of the family settled Henrico, County Virginia in 1602. They went on to settle other parts of Virginia/West Virgina as well, such as Jackson, Ritchie and Calhoun counties to name a few and have made those areas their home ever since. It's great for researching genealogy, so thanks for not moving around much family!

Both sides of my family were there for all the battles that were fought to make this country what it is today. We fought and died in the Revolutionary war, were at Valley Forge with Washington, and we had brother fighting brother in the Civil War. My Nutter branch operated stops on the Underground Railroad and were almost wiped out standing up for what they believed in.

I had relatives in fight in every war in American history and many branches of our family tree ended on battle fields with the deaths of grandfathers, uncles, cousins, etc. In WWII my great grandparents, Robert and Sarah, lost Bud, Bob, Virgil and Keith in battle over a three year period. Yet even after that, when their youngest son was old enough to serve he enlisted and continued the fight.

My family heroes have played a major role in defending this country, our ideals and way of life, so today, on Veteran's Day, I am thankful for their courage and their contributions in blood, sweat and tears.

My heartfelt thanks go out to all the current American service people and to all the veterans throughout all the years that have kept me and mine safe, happy and free. Bless each and every one of them.
How cool to know so much of your family history!!
Old 11-12-2021, 04:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post

Reading this reminds me that I'm extra grateful for having had my hysterectomy!!