Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 09/16 Boots

Do you wear them? What styles do you like? Do you have a fave pair?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've got quite a few short boots, most are flats but a few have short stacked heels. I've got some high lined quilted rubber boots for the winter that I wear when out hiking and walking Taz. They are my most comfortable pair and I love them.

My short boots are what I wear the most in the winter, as we get a bit of snow but not usually more than a few inches. I have boot slippers that I wear in the house all winter long which are so warm and comfy. I work at home so my slipper get a lot of use.

I bought a few pairs of dressier short rain boots last year when there was a big sale at the Bay and they get a lot of use here in this wet rainy BC weather.

I hate having wet feet and with all the rain and bit of snow we get around here, we don't get a lot of dry days so my boots get a lot of wear.

One of my fave pairs are burgundy, short boots with a thick sole like running shoes. They are so cute and really comfy.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ironically I live in Wisconsin and I only have one pair of boots. I have thick calfs and I can't wear anything with a heal... so it limits my choices. I'm more of a flat/loafer person.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a pair of knee high black boots that I sometimes wear in the winter. They only really work with a few pairs of pants I own so I don't wear them often. I also have issues with my feet so I can only wear them for short times.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a pair of winter boots. I'm going to have to get a better pair for this winter so I can continue to walk. The ones I have now are like 12 years old. I really don't like buying shoes and boots and all that sort of stuff. haha.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love boots! I have a cute utilitarian pair that I wear when I have to be outside & it's snowy/icy. The rest of my boots are for inside use only. I can't wear too high of a heel but I can't wear completely flat shoes, either, so they generally have a small wedge or heel.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:18 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 UGG types of boots; one is UGG one is not. I also have a low-heeled ankle boots. I've had no lucks in trying to find a pair of knee high boots that could fit my calves comfortably
Old 09-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I could wear them, but having size 12 feet makes it very difficult for me to find cute boots (or shoes of any kind really) so I don't get to wear the footwear I'd like to (which also limits my wardrobe -- I can't wear the cute dresses and outfits I want to wear because I don't have proper footwear.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a pair of short boots that I got at Costco our first year here to wear in the winter. They look a bit beat up, so maybe it's time for new ones?
Old 09-22-2019, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a pair of winter boots that look like hiking boots I use for walking Harlow in the winter or playing in the snow. I have yet to find a pair that keep my toes warm. Would love a pair of boots that cover my calves for when we go traipsing through snow drifts but I have wide feet, a la Fred Flintstone, good size calves and I'm short.

I have a pair of short black boots that I wear often in the winter and a short pair of brown boots. Neither have high heels, flat or small stacked heel.

I would wear flip flops every day of the year if I could but not feasible during the winter, lol.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I used to wear lots of cute low boots with small heels when i was younger... fast forward ....4 kids, feet grew with the last two... then major foot issues...

I found, after 4 years of chronic pain, that Vionics work for me. Well, those boots are expensive and I'm cheap. Last winter I decided to try the Vionic inserts so I could try some cute boots for our Nashville vacation over Christmas.... I was able to get regular boots, but needed to do a wide and up half a size to fit the insert! YAY! I loved wearing boots again! I only have two pair.

I do have rainboots so me and the littles can stomp n splash on warm wet days.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ha, ha ... I have a few pairs of boots ... that is to say I have a few pairs of each type of boot, lol. I have a couple pairs of rain boots, several booties (black x2, brown, navy, gray, taupe), several pairs of tall boots (in shades of black and brown in various heel heights). I also have hiking boots, snow boots and probably something I'm totally forgetting about. I have a shoe problem!