Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-01-2020, 11:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default OLW

Happy 2020!!!
Do you choose "One Little Word" each year?
If so, what is your word for 2020? How do you use your word? Do you create goals around it? Do you do pages? Are you just aware of it through the course of the year?
Inquiring minds want to know
Old 01-01-2020, 12:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sarah had started this thread a while ago, when you were away.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=91744

But I think with that said, I'm sticking to Genuine for this year--but only because it's the scrappy thing to do, have a OLW. Otherwise I wouldn't do anything like this at all because it sounds too much like resolutions/goals!
Old 01-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't typically choose a OLW, but this year I wanted to continue with accomplishments we made in 2019, and to expand and grow on those so because of that there was one word that made sense to go along with that and it was also VERY suitable for the year in general and that word is "VISION" (20/20 if you will).... We learned in 2019 that if we visualize it, we can figure out a way to get there
Old 01-01-2020, 02:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've picked words and then done nothing with them. That being said I would like to do one this year and the word 'begin' is speaking to me.

Not sure if I will do anything digitally with it but I feel that it's a good word for me in all aspects of my life.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am going with NOURISH. I want to nourish friendships, family, health, my inner being.

This year is all about nourishing positivity and well being in my life.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't do anything usually. This year I think the word Calm would suit me. Because I need a lot of it with my girls (especially my oldest who is only 5!)
We will see if I can stay as calm as I want to be with her.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The idea of OLW really is beautiful but I haven't done it doe years. I am doubting between focus and recover as I am in a burn-out phase at the moment. I have to put myself first this year
Old 01-01-2020, 07:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first year of choosing OLW was 2010. I have done so every year since then and it is one of the best parts of the new year!

I usually create a page that also serves as my cover photo on Facebook. I try to have something each year with my word on it as well. One year it was a mousepad that I had made, another it was a piece of home decor, etc. Having something physical to look at helps keep it in the forefront of my mind.

This year I really want a bracelet with my word on it. I am just deciding which one I want from Etsy. I am going to take things a little farther with my word this year and start a journal where I keep notes on how I am doing, etc.

My word for this year is FEARLESS. I realized last summer that I let fear hold me back a lot. My word last year was transform and while I did see some transformation it was not to the extent that I wanted. I realized it was fear keeping me from doing what I really wanted to do so I decided this year to really focus on being fearless... or at the very least fearing less!
Old 01-01-2020, 07:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I am going with NOURISH. I want to nourish friendships, family, health, my inner being.

That is a great word. I used it one year. It turned out to be wonderful. I worked on noursing myself mentally and physically and my relationships. It was a good year.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

But I think with that said, I'm sticking to Genuine for this year--but only because it's the scrappy thing to do, have a OLW. Otherwise I wouldn't do anything like this at all because it sounds too much like resolutions/goals!
I first learned about this concept through scrapping but I don't find it scrappy at all. I find it to be the opposite of goals and resolutions, really. It is just a good way for me to have a direction in mind.

My first year's word was change and that year literally changed my life in so many ways all because I really focused on getting past my fear of change and allowing myself to make changes and embracing those I couldn't control. There was so much power in choosing a word that year that I've done it every year since and it is my favorite part of New Year's!
Old 01-01-2020, 10:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Sarah had started this thread a while ago, when you were away.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=91744

Oops!! Thanks, Wendy! I looked, but must have skipped over it.

I'm so sorry, Sarah, if I stepped on your toes by posting this! I really didn't mean to.

Last edited by craftytam; 01-01-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I don't typically choose a OLW, but this year I wanted to continue with accomplishments we made in 2019, and to expand and grow on those so because of that there was one word that made sense to go along with that and it was also VERY suitable for the year in general and that word is "VISION" (20/20 if you will).... We learned in 2019 that if we visualize it, we can figure out a way to get there
That's a great word, Jenn! And, apropos for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I've picked words and then done nothing with them. That being said I would like to do one this year and the word 'begin' is speaking to me.

Not sure if I will do anything digitally with it but I feel that it's a good word for me in all aspects of my life.
I've done that, too, Jaye. I was going to shy away from it this year, but I keep thinking I "need" one.
Begin is a great word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post

I like that, Rae!! There's great potential there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I don't do anything usually. This year I think the word Calm would suit me. Because I need a lot of it with my girls (especially my oldest who is only 5!)
We will see if I can stay as calm as I want to be with her.
Oh my, Lea, you definitely need some calm! My daughter is having her 3rd boy in April, so she'll have a 4-year old, 2-year old & a new born.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
The idea of OLW really is beautiful but I haven't done it doe years. I am doubting between focus and recover as I am in a burn-out phase at the moment. I have to put myself first this year
Focus & recover sound like they'd be perfect for you in this phase. Take care of yourself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
My first year of choosing OLW was 2010. I have done so every year since then and it is one of the best parts of the new year!

I usually create a page that also serves as my cover photo on Facebook. I try to have something each year with my word on it as well. One year it was a mousepad that I had made, another it was a piece of home decor, etc. Having something physical to look at helps keep it in the forefront of my mind.

This year I really want a bracelet with my word on it. I am just deciding which one I want from Etsy. I am going to take things a little farther with my word this year and start a journal where I keep notes on how I am doing, etc.

My word for this year is FEARLESS. I realized last summer that I let fear hold me back a lot. My word last year was transform and while I did see some transformation it was not to the extent that I wanted. I realized it was fear keeping me from doing what I really wanted to do so I decided this year to really focus on being fearless... or at the very least fearing less!
Oh, great word, Sherri!! That really resonates with me. I like how you keep it at the forefront so that you give focus to it!

[QUOTE=But I think with that said, I'm sticking to Genuine for this year--but only because it's the scrappy thing to do, have a OLW. Otherwise I wouldn't do anything like this at all because it sounds too much like resolutions/goals! [/QUOTE]

I forgot to comment on your word, Wendy
Haha! I get "it's the scrappy thing to do" part. I had never heard of it until I started digiscrapping.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I try every year to choose a word and I usually fail, I also try 365 or project 52 and usually fail lol

But I think my OLW 2020 is going to be "Refocus"
Old 01-02-2020, 03:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've decided that mine is going to be FOCUS. I tend to squirrel a lot, so I am going to try to focus my mind and my energy more on my family, my health, my goals and my business instead of wasting time.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post

Oh my, Lea, you definitely need some calm! My daughter is having her 3rd boy in April, so she'll have a 4-year old, 2-year old & a new born.
That's exactly the same age-gap between children! I wish her the best of luck! lol I don't know how her boys are behaving to begin with but adding a third to the lot has been challenging!
Old 01-03-2020, 11:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
I try every year to choose a word and I usually fail, I also try 365 or project 52 and usually fail lol

But I think my OLW 2020 is going to be "Refocus"
I'm like that, too, holly! LOL!
Good luck with your word this year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I've decided that mine is going to be FOCUS. I tend to squirrel a lot, so I am going to try to focus my mind and my energy more on my family, my health, my goals and my business instead of wasting time.
That's a great goal, Lorie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
That's exactly the same age-gap between children! I wish her the best of luck! lol I don't know how her boys are behaving to begin with but adding a third to the lot has been challenging!
My kids were 6-1/2, 8 and 1-1/2 years apart (yes, insane, I know!). Adding our third really was challenging!! My best friend had my favorite quote, "You should never allow the kids to outnumber the adults". LOL!!!