Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Easter Basket Round Up

For those of you who celebrate Easter - What is the Easter bunny bringing in baskets on Sunday at your house?

I made the mistake of giving my mom all my ideas last weekend for her baskets for the kids. Yeah to new beach towels and flip flops, but now I'm struggling on what to put in my kids' baskets. Especially since my oldest said no more candy.

So give me some ideas ladies!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 08:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not 100% sure yet since it will depend on whether or not Cheyanne makes the softball team. Tryouts end tonight and she'll know tonight. If she does make it then she'll be getting new cleats, sliding shorts, and sliding sleeve. No candy for her either. I did get her a couple EOS hand cream pods for her backpack and sports bag, a DD gift card for $10 for her lattes, and some chewing gum. If she doesn't make the team then I'll pick up a couple of new tops for spring and a DVD.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We haven't had much candy around here lately, so they are getting some candy!! Also just a few little things. There's one stuffed my little pony they don't have yet, so I got them that. And bubbles, a baton, some putty, fancy duck tape and as always some pretty pencils And the big chocolate bunny. Not going too overboard this year. They're 9 this year, and probably the last year they'll believe
Old 04-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am going with something different this year.. no small toys like I usually do. I think whatever it is, it will be some sort of craft of activity for them. I'm going shopping tonight so, we will see. I am thinking something nature-inspired like clay pots to paint, seeds, books about nature, and binoculars. They are into that right now.

I remember one year when I was 12, my mom filled my Easter basket with dollhouse things! I got tiny furniture, accessories, dolls, etc. for my dollhouse. I was thrilled. Good memory.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We'll be on vacation at my moms, so I tried to get things I know would keep them busy there.

Keira- Sketch Pad, new chapter book, cupcake design book, summery pjs, nerf type bow & arrows, kite, scented markers, DVD, Easter activity pad, chocolate bunny and another candy.

Cooper- Sketch Pad, joke book, Skylander Trap, summery pjs, nerf type bow & arrows, kite, scented markers, Easter activity pad, DVD, chocolate bunny and another candy.

Harper- Mr. Potato Head, paw patrol car, pj's, kite, board book, DVD, chocolate bunny.

I think that's it.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids are teens, but I still do Easter baskets. Dh suggested that I put out one, large group basket for them to use collectively. Then we just looked at each other for a moment and said, "Nah." LOL! I hate all the candy and junk food that floats around the house, so I'm thinking of alternative ideas. Maybe it's best to not mess with tradition, though. I'll only have them for a couple more years
Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pokemon cards and a binder and sleeves to put them in. They just got into Pokemon and it is better than candy. Other than that, probably a book and maybe a small toy and a chocolate bunny.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I always do springy things, nothing too big, Chocolate, bubbles, skipping ropes or hula hoop, badminton games, chalk. Fun springy things to play with. Although with the snow that we still have and more coming on Saturday we may not have much springy weather for a while!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I put Pokemon card tins in the boys baskets and a new bubble machine for Gemma. All three have some candies and a few little random things in there too (extra special pokemon cards for the boys and some booster packs for Gem and then a new outfit for each kids as a few examples).

Last edited by adi&co.; 04-01-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I put Pokemon card tins in the boys baskets and a new bubble machine for Gemma. All three have some candies and a few little random things in there too (extra special pokemon cards for the boys and some booster packs for Gem and then a new outfit for each kids as a few examples).
Pokemon? You? Really?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

we are going different and just decided last night. It's going to be group presents plus candy for each and something small for Jasper. One movie, one video game and a PS card for $10 and then they will each get a chocolate bunny like always.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine are getting mostly candy. We don't do candy very often at home, so when it comes to Easter, Christmas, Valentine's I like to load them up because that is what they ache for LOL.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

My kids are too young to have chocolate so its really for us And we dont do much as far as easter gifts go due to not being religious at all. So my kids are getting a wooden letter with their names on them for their doors, new drink bottles and various chocolate eggs/bunnies and a pair of bunny ears each. Usually they get a book each but I left it too late this year and everything apart from the letters was last minute! We also have an easter egg hunt and a bunch of activity packs (pom pom bunnies, colouring in, diy bags, painting eggs) to do on easter sunday.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We don't do baskets. We always give kids pajamas and a chocolate egg from us. The Easter Bunny leaves little chocolate eggs in the garden for them to find in the morning. My toddler will love it this year
Old 04-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am having the WORST time deciding this year. I want to just skip it, to be honest. It is the first year I've felt that way. I am on a major purging spree right now. I've gotten over 120 boxes and bags of stuff out of my house since Ash Wednesday. I don't want to bring anything else back in!

Over the years I've exhausted my 'great' ideas. LOL I've done a gardening bucket with gloves, trowels, seeds, watering cans, etc. Another year I did a family basket with a bunch of games, balls, and outdoor stuff. We've done swim suits and flip flops, etc. other years. I can no longer buy swimsuits for my daughter (12) she needs to try them on because she is starting to get curves and that changes the way things fit. I can't buy either of them shoes any more, they have to try them on. - This year I just don't know.

My son loves Pokemon so he might get some cards in his basket or maybe a stuffed Pokemon or a poster for his room. I don't know. I guess I'll figure it out on Friday. Good thing I have the day off. My daughter's room is such a pig sty right know that I don't want to take anything in to it. I don't want to buy her anything. I just don't know. We typically do gifts and not candy (with the exception of a cadbury cream egg and a small chocolate bunny each) but this year I might load them up on candy and skip the gifts. I don't know. Lately when the kids need something we buy it instead of waiting for a special occasion. Then when one comes up I don't know what to get them.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I got them Disney INfenity Marvel SUperheros (togeth er) an d I am going to put a character each in their baskets..picked up these from Amazon for Abby
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/061...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/150...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Gonna pickup Abby a set of Prisma Color Pencils
Going to get Ben a Wii U game (not sure what yet)
Slim Jims
Beef Jerky
Favorite Snack Bag of Chips
Sunglasses
Bubbles (ALL of my ki8ds LOVE bubbles no matter how old they get)
A Little Stuffed animal
Abby also is gettingna cute summer dress with leggings
Socks (LOL.always for Easter and Christmas)
A Puppy toy (for Abby since the little doxie is her dog)
Some kind of Book for each of the boys
Old 04-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My son asked for 2 new traps for his Skylanders game and a stuffed bunny. So, of course, I bought a hundred other things. lol I also got an Infinity game character, a new towel, some books he's been wanting (the 2 newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid ones and The Hobbit), Big Hero 6 bluay and some candy. Then on a Facebook group I saw a lady making adorable costume Easter baskets all stuffed and ready, so I bought a Pokémon one for him, too. Cause you know, he asked for $20 worth of stuff.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son doesn't eat candy so we don't buy candy because I would eat it all He'll be getting a book he wanted, a 3 month subscription to xbox live (since his about to expire), maybe a Starbucks gift card, and a few eggs with money...
Old 04-02-2015, 04:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

C's not big on candy, so i don't bother with it. he'll get a book or two, a movie, pjs, a small lego set, and maybe some goldfish (crackers, not pets ). also, he's been begging for terraria toys or a plush, so he's getting the bunny. lol