Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you collect anything?

I'm a collector of quite a few things....

Like zoos, penguin mugs and pokemon cards.

We have been going to different zoos in different states across the country since Marcus was born and we just got his 12th state under his belt! Gemma hasn't had quite as many since the boys saw a handful before she was born, but today's zoo was her 9th state to visit a zoo in.

Tell me what you collect please!

Old 04-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Digital scrapbooking kits (11 years worth) and washi tape (only a few months worth, but you wouldn't know it from the number of rolls!)

Other than crafty stuff, I collect postcards. When I was a kid we made a lot of road trips, and of course my parents didn't want to have to buy all 3 of us souvenirs from every single place we stopped. So they used to let each of us pick out a postcard at every stop. I have hundreds now and still add one for every new place we visit.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Scrapbooking kits! That's about it these days... I used to get a souvenir of some kind from places I visited but they've long been stuffed in a box and forgotten in a cupboard, so I don't bother anymore.

My oldest son collects rocks!
Old 04-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Copies of the book Alice In Wonderland. I have dozens of them and whenever I find one with a new cover or illustrations, I pick it up. I used to collect Alice "things" too (teacups, figurines, etc) but decided the book itself is what I really LOVE so that's the only thing I collect now.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fabric! Scrapbooking kits!

Oh...and rocks & minerals. I love rocks.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Scrapbook kits. Lol.
I have way too many, but there's always room for more. Lol.

And I started collecting Disney traditions from my favorite Disney movies.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Vintage cameras. I have about 11 at the moment. I also have a bit of a thing for cute salt & pepper shaker sets but I am really trying NOT to make that a collection.

I used to be much more of a collector. Now I value simplicity and lack of clutter more than collecting, for the most part, although I can't resist a cool old camera.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:18 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Fridge magnets from all over the places that we visited
Old 04-05-2015, 06:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I collect scrapbooking kits and fabric for quilting. I also have tons of postcards from all the places I've traveled to as a kid and an adult. Other than that I don't collect things. It's probably because we moved so much when I was married; we tended to not collect things that had to be packed and moved. Cheyanne collects key rings from each state she's been to - she's up to 30 now.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh man, I inherited the collecting gene from my dad that I'm trying to break... and I see Jake also inherited it, too! My dad has so many little collections going on...

I used to collect stamps, Hard Rock Teddy Bears, Kimberly Dolls, Kimberly-Clark Kleenex memorabilia (used to work for KC), cool 1940's decor, old advertising and packaging, old cameras, and Barbies... oh my, the Barbies! At one point, I had over 300 - 80%, mint in boxes!

Now, I only actively collect the "You are here" Starbuck Mugs (that I do use, every day)... and I love my Willow Creak Figures - but I don't go out of my way to collect them, but I love getting them as gifts...

Oh - yeah, and Coach bags... but that is more of an obsession than a collection... and that drive to get more bags has kind of died down since I became a mama... now I will only get a new bag once a year... (outlet, of course! )
Old 04-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not really. I do love my Fenton milk glass items and can see myself collecting more. Also maybe the letter R. That's about it though

Old 04-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have much of a collection bug - in the sense of trying to get a "complete set" or particular years of something.

I do however feel I can always add "one or two more" cookbooks to my shelf or Pandora charms to my bracelets.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Is the collecting gene the same as the pack rat gene, cause if it is, I have it in spades!

I collect scrapbooking kits, fabric, art supplies, mixed media stuff, books, pens, papers, yarn, cook books, patterns, ugghh, the list goes on and on and on!

Might be a better question to ask what I don't collect!
Old 04-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

vintage toy sewing machines... because, Hello. they're too cute for words.
I don't search them out, but if I run across one, I usually can't pass it up!

Old 04-05-2015, 04:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use to collect precious moments & barbies. Now just magnets of states we've visited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I really don't collect stuff. Anything that we collect, we have to pack/unpack every 1-3 years when we move. Maybe when my husband retires from the military we and have a home to call our own, I'll start collecting. But for now, I'll live through you guys!!

The one thing that I do collect and always feel like I need to have more are my Jamberry wraps! I have a shoebox tote filled with them! And I wear my Jamberry--all the time! Each Jamberry manicure is supposed to last 10-14 days, but I change my wraps weekly just so I can wear some of what I've collected! I also use my wraps towards my Jamberry business; so that's how I can justify buying so many of them! I mean really why wouldn't you play a game knowing you can get a free mani/pedi?! So yeah, if you count a business collection like Jamberry...that's what I collect. Outside of that, nope, nothing. It's one more thing to unpack!
Old 04-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I collect scrapbooking kits and fabric for quilting. I also have tons of postcards from all the places I've traveled to as a kid and an adult. Other than that I don't collect things. It's probably because we moved so much when I was married; we tended to not collect things that had to be packed and moved. Cheyanne collects key rings from each state she's been to - she's up to 30 now.
We move so much and I"ve found that a few of the things I use to collect just became so burdensome! We now collect magnets from all the states we've been to and collect zoos in as many as we can as we pass.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
vintage toy sewing machines... because, Hello. they're too cute for words.
I don't search them out, but if I run across one, I usually can't pass it up!

This is the coolest collection ever!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Copies of the book Alice In Wonderland. I have dozens of them and whenever I find one with a new cover or illustrations, I pick it up. I used to collect Alice "things" too (teacups, figurines, etc) but decided the book itself is what I really LOVE so that's the only thing I collect now.
I collect Alice in Wonderland things. lol! I had collected books in the past, but I only felt really connected to my original one that my dad got me when I was 7, so I ended up donating the rest to my library.

I also collect Doctor Who things, Where the Wild Things Are things and Buddhas. I inherited these two large jade Buddhas from John's grandmother (as I was the only relative to apparently ever show an interest in them) and now for some reason people just keep buying me more.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 04-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
We move so much and I"ve found that a few of the things I use to collect just became so burdensome! We now collect magnets from all the states we've been to and collect zoos in as many as we can as we pass.
Magnets are perfect - we did "collect" several magnets when we did our month-long vacation to the national parks a couple years ago. They are nice and compact for moving
Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a collector of lots of things! Planners, purses and Funko POP! figures mostly
Old 04-07-2015, 11:53 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
If you are ever in NYC we have Alice's Tea Cup which is a restaurant all around the book. Really neat place. Great tea and food.
http://alicesteacup.com/
That looks awesome! Thanks so much for the tip!
Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmm... for me I have a serious thing for finials. I also have a hard time passing up an interesting fragrance oil, I have over 300 fragrance notes for blending. I also sort of love bracelets. The blingier the better, especially now that I carry them online the bracelet collecting is getting bad. I use to collect rings and vintage buttons but not anymore.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmm, as far as item collections go I guess teapots and americana stuff... Theres a lot in my decor for the effect I want, personally don't consider them collections though. Other than that, as most have said my scrap kits are my biggest and favorite collection. I do have a "travel collection"... I love Lighthouses... My goal is to see all of the ones in Nova Scotia (there are over 200), sadly so many are on the list to be demolished my list gets shorter before I get to them.... We've been to about 45ish so far. I'd love to see some from other places too, I just always thought clearing my home province would be cool.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I really don't collect stuff. Anything that we collect, we have to pack/unpack every 1-3 years when we move. Maybe when my husband retires from the military we and have a home to call our own, I'll start collecting. But for now, I'll live through you guys!!

The one thing that I do collect and always feel like I need to have more are my Jamberry wraps! I have a shoebox tote filled with them! And I wear my Jamberry--all the time! Each Jamberry manicure is supposed to last 10-14 days, but I change my wraps weekly just so I can wear some of what I've collected! I also use my wraps towards my Jamberry business; so that's how I can justify buying so many of them! I mean really why wouldn't you play a game knowing you can get a free mani/pedi?! So yeah, if you count a business collection like Jamberry...that's what I collect. Outside of that, nope, nothing. It's one more thing to unpack!

Well..... If you want to get in to business collecting, I have more candles and PODs from Gold Canyon than I can count! LoL. I gigure if I keep stocking up on my favorites, when it's time for me to move on, I'll never be without. 😉😜 lol
Old 04-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

John Deere memorabilia (mostly tiny tractors), fabric, scrapbook kits, pictures, old cameras, mason jars, cookbooks, journals...

Random assortment of things, definitely not as much as I used to, but more than I should!!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to collect Precious Moments, but decided it was pointless for me. Now I collect stamps (my mother collected them, so I inherited hers too). Aside from that, I collect useful things like scrap kits, fabric, craft supplies LOL.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

I collect anything Tinker Bell, mostly figurines (mostly Jim Shore) and dachshund figurines. My Tinker Bell collection is quite extensive (pins, magnets, shirts, flip flops, lanyards, etc)! And anything with Anchors, I collect and am currently re-doing my bedroom to reflect the Nautical side so I can put all those Anchors to use!

I also have a LARGE collection of Barbies mint condition in boxes and beanie babies that I need to get rid of!

Old 04-10-2015, 12:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not yet. Maybe one day!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

color schemes.. LOL!!
Old 04-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Digital scrapbooking kits
Been around for 9 years, my stash is over 4,000 kits (plus templates, actions, styles, fonts and tools)
Old 04-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I collect African American angels...I recently started collecting shot glasses from the places we visit but I have 2 shot glasses so I'm not sure if that even constitutes a collection
Old 04-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Over the years Ive collected a few different things. Care Bear beanies (have about 30 of those), Build-a-Bear...not sure how many I have of those, Cabbage Patch Kids (only collectors editions), Snow globes...mostly just Disney ones but I also have a few Precious Moments ones and Dr Seuss themed ones and now what I am currently collecting are Funko Pop figurines. With those I mostly get Disney but Ive also got all the Duck Dynasty ones, several of My Little Ponies, all the Sanrio ones (Sanrio makes Hello Kitty, My Melody, Kerropi, Badtz Maru as some examples), Christmas ones from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. In general most of the things I collect or have collected are somehow related to Disney characters.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to collect many things. Keychains, cat figurines, porcelain dolls, Precious Moments, magnets, Tender Tails (Precious Moments version of beanie babies), pink pig stuff, holiday decorations, etc. Now I collect nothing. I have very little of my original collections still in my possession. I have a few holiday decorations, but only what will fill the shelves of my china cabinet for each season. I do have a tub of the Tender Tails but those are going to be given away, I just haven't gotten around to it. The rest of the stuff is pretty much gone. Now I collect space... clutter free space. LOL
Old 04-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I don't collect anything these days as we just don't have the room for it! I did collect Beatles stuff and DVDs at one point. The closest thing I have to a collection now is if I spot anything with birds on it, in particular sparrows, i try grab it (as daughter is named Sparrow) =)
Old 04-11-2015, 06:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Does dust count? Haha! My housekeeping skills are deteriorating. The more I scrap the less I clean house.

I used to collect stamps when I was a kid, but haven't done that since I left home. I don't collect anything now except scrapbook kits