Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-31-2017, 06:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Question 2018 Scrapping Goals

I'm trying to organize and figure out what I want to do, as far as scrapping, for 2018. So far I've come up with the following:

1. Print three 100-page albums. I have them finished, just need Winfklash to do their flatate sale and for the money to be in the budget.

2. Print at least three large canvas for our front entry, granted this isn't scrapbooking, but I need to edit the photos in Photoshop, so I classify it as a scrapping goal. And just like #1, I need to wait for Winkflash to have their canvas sale and money to be in the budget!

3. Get at least one line of Bingo each month.

4. Scrap at least 10 new layouts a month. Ideally I would like 20+, but I'm starting off small!!

5. I'd like to finish an album for both of my daughters and possibly finish our Disney album.

I'm not sure what else I should plan for 2018. That's where you all come in. What are your scrapping goals?
Old 12-31-2017, 07:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just scrap. Period.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Where do I start???!!

Start and Complete 2017 PL Album
Complete PL 2014
Complete PL 2015
Complete DD 2017
Complete DS Preschool Album
Aulani 2016 Album
Malakoff 2017
Pajaro Dunes Album
Truckee 2017 Album
Old 12-31-2017, 07:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappurple View Post
Just scrap. Period.

The best!
Old 12-31-2017, 07:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
Where do I start???!!

Start and Complete 2017 PL Album
Complete PL 2014
Complete PL 2015
Complete DD 2017
Complete DS Preschool Album
Aulani 2016 Album
Malakoff 2017
Pajaro Dunes Album
Truckee 2017 Album
ooooh, you have a lot of albums to make! I hope you scrap them all this year and reap the rewards of your hard work!
Old 12-31-2017, 08:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I never make myself any goals. I have too many other areas of my life with deadlines, etc ... so this is solidly something I just want to enjoy
Old 12-31-2017, 08:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't like making goals but I do just want to start scrapbooking and sharing more! This last week i've cut myself off of facebook and now I will have more time to devote to designing and creating rather than random scrolling <3 Staying off of facebook so that I actually scrapbook maybe should be my goal.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't really set scrapping goals because then I start stressing when I'm not meeting them. So I just want to scrap to preserve our memories and enjoy it.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A couple years ago I did a planner and it turned out so cute. It was a ton of work though. I'm thinking about doing one again.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I never make myself any goals. I have too many other areas of my life with deadlines, etc ... so this is solidly something I just want to enjoy
I generally don't make heavy scrapping goals, but I like that. There is no pressure if you don't make it. Be thankful for what you do get done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I don't like making goals but I do just want to start scrapbooking and sharing more! This last week i've cut myself off of facebook and now I will have more time to devote to designing and creating rather than random scrolling <3 Staying off of facebook so that I actually scrapbook maybe should be my goal.
I agree, I try to FB a few times a day and limit myself. You just get so sucked in to it and before you know it, hours have passed!! I can't wait to see what you create for 2018!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
A couple years ago I did a planner and it turned out so cute. It was a ton of work though. I'm thinking about doing one again.
That's really cool!! My daughter has been scrapping her planner that we got her for school. She loves how personal she can make it. I'm sure yours was even more personal! I hope you feel inspired to make another this year!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do PL in 2018. Work on vacation albums (3). I am also seriously considering going crazy and only using white backgrounds on all of the pages I create for the year 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 02:28 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Finish my 2017 album and my twins' 1st year albums (they are age 3 now and I started them PL-style).

Complete 1 line of SSD bingo a month (I find the prompts help me to focus on scrapping).

Actually, what WILL keep me on track is to make a detailed list of layouts I want to create to achieve my goals and then strike them out as I go along. So that's probably step 1!

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 01-01-2018, 02:30 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

One of my ways of being for 2018 is persistent, so my biggest goal is to keep up with baby’s first year album.

I also want to work on a recipe book, at my leisure, and I’m considering a monthly pocket-style album for the year, though it’s not at the top of my priority list.

I’m sure other things will come up, I can’t resist a good challenge.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Just scrap. Period.
Yup.....for me too
Old 01-01-2018, 06:09 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

My 2018 goals are the same as 2017, with the added 2018 album 😆
So finish my babys first year album (shes 6), holiday album x2, 2017 album and 2018 album. I made good progress last year though, so theres a good chance i might finish one!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2017 was a VERY slow year for me scrappy wise, 2016 wasn't much better. I am tired of being behind, so I am hoping to get lots done this year...

Main Focus of scrapping:
-2015 (not much left to do here)
-Pets Album
-create Recipe Album
-PRINT a book or pages (for the FIRST time!!)

OTHER GOALS:
-improve on shadow work
-learn and hopefully transition to PS
-make a font in my own handwriting (my son got a drawing pad for christmas, I am looking forward to him going back to school so I can have some time to play lol)
-Journal more
-BOM (I have had an idea of how I want to create my BOM pages and I would love to get a start on it... it's going to be out of my comfort zone, and involve a lot of journaling, but I am up for the challenge).
-Pick at old layouts that need to be done (2014 and prior)

That's a BIG list.... I feel the list looks worse/harder than it really is....... I hope.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Finishing PL 2017 (pages are designed, but no journaling added yet) and PRINT.
Finishing vacation album from France (summer 2017) and PRINT.
Scrap more for the childrens' yearly albums.
Finish a bingo challenge or more.
And some scrap therapy for me.

Also I need to finish my job of helping my grandfather with making albums (depending on when he can get the photos I need).
Old 01-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
^^^^ Exactly this! Scrapping and other hobbies don't have any goals/deadlines in life for the same reason
Old 01-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
2017 was a VERY slow year for me scrappy wise, 2016 wasn't much better. I am tired of being behind, so I am hoping to get lots done this year...

Main Focus of scrapping:
-2015 (not much left to do here)
-Pets Album
-create Recipe Album
-PRINT a book or pages (for the FIRST time!!)

OTHER GOALS:
-improve on shadow work
-learn and hopefully transition to PS
-make a font in my own handwriting (my son got a drawing pad for christmas, I am looking forward to him going back to school so I can have some time to play lol)
-Journal more
-BOM (I have had an idea of how I want to create my BOM pages and I would love to get a start on it... it's going to be out of my comfort zone, and involve a lot of journaling, but I am up for the challenge).
-Pick at old layouts that need to be done (2014 and prior)

That's a BIG list.... I feel the list looks worse/harder than it really is....... I hope.
Good luck transitioning over to PS!! I did that a few years ago after owning it for a year or so. My best friend was like "when are you going to do it?" So I cold-turkey did it. I didn't produce a layout for a month as I learned the program. Going from Paint Shop Pro to Photoshop was completely different. But looking back, I wish I had started it sooner because there's so many things available for PS than with Paint Shop Pro!! I'm glad my best friend encouraged me to do it and not sit on it, because let's face it, I'd probably still be using Paint Shop Pro!!

What is BOM? Tell me more!! Well if you tell me what it means, I can Google it, but just searching BOM brings up a lot of other non-digi related terms!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

One thing I've learned and adding to my list, compliments to many of you is to sit back and smell the roses-to not be stressed about getting goals done. Take each day as they are given and enjoy this wonderful hobby!

Old 01-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I tend to find that setting scrap goals helps keep me scrapping instead of aimlessly wandering around the web. I don't take them seriously enough to stress out when I don't meet them--more often than not I don't! This year I want to:

Work on the pages for our 2016 Disney trip. I've set aside one day a week when all scrapping that I do will be for that album.

Finish PL 2017, hopefully by March.

Finish and print my non-PL 2017 pages. (I spent way too much of 2017 finishing 2016 pages, so I didn't start scrapping 2017 until this fall. I need to find a way to make up for lost time so I can start scrapping 2018 earlier than fall 2018.)

Scrap a photobook from our 2017 vacation. (This is a quick project, something I may spend a week on at some point.)
Old 01-01-2018, 04:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
This last week i've cut myself off of facebook and now I will have more time to devote to designing and creating rather than random scrolling <3 Staying off of facebook so that I actually scrapbook maybe should be my goal.
Oh.my.goodness!! I was literally thinking this same thing this morning! I spend so much time brainlessly scrolling on FB!! I would get so much more done if I used that time wisely.

I don't really set scrapping goals, but I would like to get some of our older photos scrapped before I forget all the stories (LOL! I'm talking photos from the early 2000's. Yikes!).

I need to continue scanning older photos/negatives. I did a whole bunch on a small negative scanner, but then when I finished a bunch and looked at them, they were such a poor quality that it just turned me off. I guess I need to re-do them on my flatbed scanner I have a couple of boxes of photos from my grandparents that need to be scanned as well.

I haven't figured out how I want to print my pages once they're done. I like the idea of printing pages & putting them in actual scrapbooks that I can add some of the kids' memorabilia to, but printed books take up less space and aren't as bulky.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Finish my PL albums from years past. Some have big pieces missing, but most just have a page here and there that need completing.

Finish my 2015 trip to America album. I keep thinking I'm almost done, and then I'm like, "Oh! I can't leave out THAT picture!"

Finish my 2016 trip to America album.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Finish my DD 2017 and 2016.
Print all the layouts I make
Scrap more than I did in 2017.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Good luck transitioning over to PS!! I did that a few years ago after owning it for a year or so. My best friend was like "when are you going to do it?" So I cold-turkey did it. I didn't produce a layout for a month as I learned the program. Going from Paint Shop Pro to Photoshop was completely different. But looking back, I wish I had started it sooner because there's so many things available for PS than with Paint Shop Pro!! I'm glad my best friend encouraged me to do it and not sit on it, because let's face it, I'd probably still be using Paint Shop Pro!!

What is BOM? Tell me more!! Well if you tell me what it means, I can Google it, but just searching BOM brings up a lot of other non-digi related terms!

ugh, yes, that's what I worry about with the program switch.... PSP is great, but I know I'm not getting the best possible outcome with it. I have tried for years to switch but I just get so over whelmed (mostly because I like to scrap fast, and that just wasn't happening). I may have to do the same thing and just force myself to figure it out....

BOM = Book of Me.... I don't even know if it's a term in digiland, I know I haven't seen it called it that in a long while anyway.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Start and finish my Year in Review album for 2017
Finish 2015 PL album (got up to May done)
Complete my Ireland 2017 album
Take more pictures that are not of my dog.....it's her and I most of the time.
Complete at least two lines of Bingo each month
Work on my journaling

I have some foundation pages started for a BOM, really want to do this but we will see how far I get. My goal is to a take a picture a week of me and write about the week, thoughts, favourite quotes, world happenings. We will see.

Last edited by jaye; 01-01-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to start scrapping again. I haven't scrapped in a few years
Old 01-01-2018, 10:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just want to get 'an' album done. I haven't finished an album for PL since 2010... December Daily since 2011... vacation albums since 2013... I've got 5 years of yearbooks... hubby's baby album... a 10 years of you album for my son who will be 11 next March... so this year's goal is to get one/any album done.. I don't care at this point.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Just scrap. Period.
This.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:03 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I've got so many albums that I want to finish. A couple of the smaller ones I may just roll into the yearly one. I want to finish my Disneyland 2015 and 2017 albums as well as make some progress on a couple of European vacation books that have been barely started. I just laid out all the stories I want to include in my 2014 and 2015 albums, so I want to keep pushing through on those. I'm starting to forget the details of some of those days, so some of those missing pages will be more photo, less story and hopefully much faster to crank out. And I have just a couple of really important pages left for my 2016 album, so I want to get those done and send it off to print. I also want to put together a photobook of the HP Studio Tour from London - I have far too many photos to just scrap, but I refuse to just let all those photos languish in EHD purgatory.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:19 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Just scrap. Period.
Dis me!

I just read an awesome article about setting too any goals, so if I can scrap a few times within 21 days, I'll add more goals to my list...
Old 01-02-2018, 01:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't really make a scrapbook goal pages because I'm on a ct
But I plan to :
*Finish my 2017 PL and have it printed by February
*Be updated on my 2018 PL
*Print my scrapbook pages (by 100s)
Old 01-02-2018, 04:05 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I don't really have a goal each year, but at the moment, I need to finish off my December Faves album project!
Old 01-02-2018, 12:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to try and get blackout for this month's bingo, but that's all the goals I have for scrapping. Setting a goal basically means I will boycott doing said thing entirely, so I have to be careful, lol. goal to work out = won't get off the couch at all. goal to scrap more= not scrapping at all type thing. I have to be careful because my "you can't tell me what to do! I do what I want!" also applies to what I tell myself to do, lol

Old 01-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
ugh, yes, that's what I worry about with the program switch.... PSP is great, but I know I'm not getting the best possible outcome with it. I have tried for years to switch but I just get so over whelmed (mostly because I like to scrap fast, and that just wasn't happening). I may have to do the same thing and just force myself to figure it out....

BOM = Book of Me.... I don't even know if it's a term in digiland, I know I haven't seen it called it that in a long while anyway.
You can make the switch!! I know you can. You just have to force yourself to do it. There are so many amazing people here at SSD, that if you have questions, I'm sure any one who is online can help you out. I don't know CC as I stopped upgrading after CS5, but I'm here and I'll hold your hand because I know how scary the transition can be! But just tell yourself, "I can do this". You are going to get upset because it's not going to be easy, but I promise, one day it will be easy. I still have PSP on my computer (it's my band-aid) for those "what if I can't figure it out in PS" moments. But I've not had one of those moments in a few years. Every morning I open both Photoshop and PSP, just in case.

And thank you for telling me about the Book of Me. I'm very self-conscious about scrapping myself, but this year I wanted to scrap a few layouts about myself and tell those who told me I'm vain or horrible for scrapping about myself to be quiet. Years from now, I won't be here for my family or years from now I'll wish I had more photos of me in my prime and not old age. So yeah.....I'm going to look in to the Book of Me. Maybe I can find some prompts or something. But thanks for the information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
I want to start scrapping again. I haven't scrapped in a few years
Yay for coming back to scrapping!! A lot has changed in the past few years, but not too much that you won't be able to catch up! The best place for inspiration is searching/commenting in the gallery and doing the challenges. My favorite challenge this month is the Squirrel Appreciation Day because it gave me an excuse to scrap our "pet" squirrel!! I'm glad you are back and attempting to scrap this year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I'm going to try and get blackout for this month's bingo, but that's all the goals I have for scrapping. Setting a goal basically means I will boycott doing said thing entirely, so I have to be careful, lol. goal to work out = won't get off the couch at all. goal to scrap more= not scrapping at all type thing. I have to be careful because my "you can't tell me what to do! I do what I want!" also applies to what I tell myself to do, lol
Don't set goals if they will backfire on you and you won't want to do them! Your layouts are too beautiful to NOT scrap!! Just sit back, enjoy that precious baby and maybe you'll find yourself scrapping in between naptime or while watching a movie!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Last year I started off SO strong. After having only scrapped 1 layout in all of 2016, it felt good. Then I lost steam. I did organize all of my scrappy supplies last year, so that was great. My goal this year is to organize pictures. I'd like to work on a specific album so that I can create one 'finished' photo book. I either end up with small 20 page photo books that are just little snippets of a specific time period or I do a big 100 page book of random layouts. I want to have something done chronologically.

I'd also like to figure out how to scrap about my new daughter. I don't really have the words yet. That makes it hard to scrap about my granddaughter because I feel like her mother hasn't been officially introduced to my albums. I'm odd maybe, but this is throwing me for a loop!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Just scrap. Period.
yep! also finish my stash organising

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-06-2018, 10:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I just organized my pages into folders by year and realized I only have 2(!) layouts for 2016. I like to have around 50 per year. So my goal is to scrap 50 ish for 2016 this year while also doing some for 2017 and 2018. Maybe 100 total this year.
And also to post in galleries more. I have only posted a small handful of the 300 layouts I've made since 2012. Mostly because I hate tracking credits.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:12 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I know what you mean! I started scrapping and designing in Paint Shop Pro. When I first made the switch to PS, I wanted to toss my computer through the window. It took a bit, but now I love PS and could kick myself for not switching sooner.