Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We actually walked out of one today. We go every week to the matinee (finally have kids old enough to babysit, so we sneak in our weekly date by going to the movies) We went to Rock of Ages and we both absolutely HATED it. I think we made it about 50 minutes and then left.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... hated it, so stupid! I prefer the original with Gene Wilder for sure (one of my favorite movies as a kid) so this one didn't compare at all. I love Johnny Depp, but I really think this was his WORST movie ever!

Benjamin Button. We didn't see it in the theatre, we rented it but I thought it was worth adding to the list. It was the most boring and long movie. I don't know how far into we stopped it, but probably before half way (of this 5 hour movie... or so it seemed!)

Ides of March... BORING... I'm not into politics but with George Cluney and Ryan Gosling in it, I thought it'd be worth watching. So wrong. Luckily that was a $1 rental.

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona the Pest View Post
We went to Rock of Ages and we both absolutely HATED it. I think we made it about 50 minutes and then left.

I wanted to like the idea of this movie...love me some 80s hair bands LOL. But I can't stand Tom Cruise, and am totally put off of seeing anything with him in it. Actually I've heard from several people who thought the same thing.
Question---is this movie supposed to take place IN the 80s? If so, why in the world did they pick a 49 yr old to play a rock star when most of the big hair bands back in the day were filled with 20-somethings?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i know i've walked out of movies before - i just can't rememebr what ones...been a long time since we've gone to one that wasn't for the kids. but i always told the manager what it as i hated, usually violence, sex, just plain boring...whatever - and i always got my money back.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Benjamin Button. We didn't see it in the theatre, we rented it but I thought it was worth adding to the list. It was the most boring and long movie. I don't know how far into we stopped it, but probably before half way (of this 5 hour movie... or so it seemed!)
I agree this movie was awful. I think we actually watched the whole thing and at the end were really mad that we had because it never got any better.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

LOL Ramona - that's one I can't imagine walking into
Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

We don't go that often now so we are careful to check the reviews. Does it bother anyone else that ticket and food prices are so expensive?! What's up with that in this economy.

Anyway, way back, my dh and I walked out of Magnolia with Tom Cruise - completely offensive (or maybe we rented it and turned it off - can't remember).
And unfortunately we had to leave Cars. It was the first movie that we took our oldest daughter to see - she was 3 - and just wasn't ready to sit through the whole thing.

Last edited by ashleywb; 06-21-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

No, but lately all I do is fall asleep during them :P
Old 06-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think we've ever left an indoor theatre but we did leave the Drive-In theatre during the 3rd of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. We had a fussy little one and DH had eaten something bad at dinner and spent about 40 minutes of the movie in the bathroom. We had friends who met us there to watch it but they had already saw that one so they left a few minutes in to the second feature. We decided at that point to leave too. I think that's the only time we've left any movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
A movie called 8mm starring Nicolas Cage....that movie was disgusting and awful and we left less than half way through.
I didn't see this at the theatre but I did walk out when Dh was watching it at home. I don't remember if he ever finished it or not but I thought it was awful.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

I saw 8mm at home i turned it off within the first 30 minutes that movie made me sick.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥