Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2023, 04:58 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default beach bag/tote recs

I'd like a nice beach bag/tote for the summer. By "nice," I mean that I want something that'll last at least two summers. It won't get a ton of hard use; I'd like it for lugging stuff from our car to the beach and for a beach vacay we're taking. It won't ever be a far walk, but I want to have all phones, books, sunscreen, etc in one place. (They can carry their own towels and sunglasses! ) I'd love a mesh bag because I want the sand to just fall out as we walk. Plus the mesh should weigh less than, say, the Land's End canvas totes that I usually love but don't want for this. I know someone who loves her Bogg bag, but the bottom doesn't have holes, so there's no way to "dispense" sand/water.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a mesh beach bag that fits my strict criteria lol? TIA!
Old 04-04-2023, 08:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I bought my mesh bag at Target many, many years ago on vacation in South Carolina. Actually, it was like a decade ago and I still use it all summer.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I bought my mesh bag at Target many, many years ago on vacation in South Carolina. Actually, it was like a decade ago and I still use it all summer.
Same, I bought a mess tote at Target a few summers ago and it has worked well, it's large and even has some zippered pockets and a clip for keys. I got it in the seasonal section. I used a 31 bag before, it's so worn out now and you never could get rid of the sand.

This is similar, but mine has holes in the bottom too. https://www.target.com/p/mesh-tote-h...elect=86750163
Old 04-05-2023, 05:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You might want to expand your search to look at scuba dive gear bags. They're usually made of mesh, have pockets, and are reinforced to carry the weight of scuba kits, so they shouldn't fall apart. Sorry I don't have a specific recommendation, but maybe that can help direct your search a bit!

Old 04-05-2023, 05:52 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, everyone!

I just bought one from Amazon. There are so many options (Vera Bradley has a beach tote for $70!), but I wanted simplicity. (Well, is it "simple" to want a waterproof zippered pocket lol?) I didn't mention it in my first post because it wasn't set yet, but we're going to join a local pool; this tote will get lots of use. And I just hate the idea of buying anything and then it only lasts one season, ykwim?