Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-29-2021, 12:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Need some scrappy mojo!

I need some motivation! I've purchased several kits lately, downloaded, unzipped and organized them. I even know what photos I'll use with them, but I can't seem to get scrapping. Ugh! I need some motivation.

I think I just have too much going on at once. I am trying to clean and organize my house, meal plan for the next 6 weeks, etc. I'm also trying to finish a few books that I've been reading and get everything ready for the new school year. I WANT to scrap. I sit down to scrap. Then I remember everything else and get back up.

What do you do to motivate yourself?
Old 07-29-2021, 06:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I browse the galleries for layouts I might want to scraplift. I give myself time for scrapping...meaning I'll do one or two must do things and then say I get 1 hour to scrap after that. Sometimes I just don't scrap...breaks are much needed too.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:42 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I don't force it. I haven't scrapped since July 3rd. I've had other priorities this month. I want to scrap but honestly haven't been feeling it. Once this other stuff is out of the way (all deadline stuff), then I know that I can take the time to do it.

Like right now I would like to scrap but I have a service person coming sometime in the next couple of hours. I don't like being interrupted when I scrap so I'll wait.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I get in moods where I can whip out 4 pages in a day and be very happy with them. I also go through moments where it takes me all day to complete a page. Sometimes I need to just take a break and not force it, coming off one of those
Old 07-29-2021, 01:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have been struggling all month to design, so I can totally relate. I've had allergies and then yesterday my AC went out, so all in all, I am just in a funk and not getting anything done. If you all find my mojo, send it home.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

How I get re-energized to scrap depends on why I'm not scrapping. If it's just that I'm busy and feel like I should be doing something else, I try to plan in some time for a few days in the future. Then my deal with myself is that if I get X, Y, and Z responsibilities done in time, I get to scrap guilt-free for the time I blocked off.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In 2020 I scrapped 33 pages in January and February. I didn't scrap again until January of 2021. I scrapped one page then and then nothing until this month. I did one page and I have 2 in progress. I used to be a page a day scrapper. I embrace that I no longer am, but when I want so badly to scrap (and have a little time with NO work and NO classes!!) it just sucks that I can't get motivated.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
I browse the galleries for layouts I might want to scraplift. I give myself time for scrapping...meaning I'll do one or two must do things and then say I get 1 hour to scrap after that. Sometimes I just don't scrap...breaks are much needed too.
You're right. Breaks are needed. It is probably even more important that I take breaks now because in 2 more weeks I'll be back to school and work full time. I'm generally not a scraplifter, but I might try it!
Old 07-29-2021, 10:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I don't force it. I haven't scrapped since July 3rd. I've had other priorities this month. I want to scrap but honestly haven't been feeling it. Once this other stuff is out of the way (all deadline stuff), then I know that I can take the time to do it.

Like right now I would like to scrap but I have a service person coming sometime in the next couple of hours. I don't like being interrupted when I scrap so I'll wait.
If I don't force it (at least at first), then I don't scrap. Life is just too busy right now. Scrapping de-stresses and relaxes me but I have to kinda force myself to get started.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I get in moods where I can whip out 4 pages in a day and be very happy with them. I also go through moments where it takes me all day to complete a page. Sometimes I need to just take a break and not force it, coming off one of those
Try 2 completed pages in a 8 months! I used to be able to do several pages a day. The least I'd do was one page a day. Since I have gone back to school I just don't feel like I have time, generally. That's why I need to find some mojo now! I don't start classes again until the 16th! I go back to work that same day.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I have been struggling all month to design, so I can totally relate. I've had allergies and then yesterday my AC went out, so all in all, I am just in a funk and not getting anything done. If you all find my mojo, send it home.
Yikes! Allergies and no AC? So sorry! That stinks!! I think part of it is scrapping is time consuming for me these days. My photos are all over the place now that everyone in the family takes pictures with their phones and I still take some on my DSLR. Some are uploaded to Google Drive, some to iCloud. The time factor makes it hard to just sit down and scrap... I know what pictures I want, I just have to search for them.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
How I get re-energized to scrap depends on why I'm not scrapping. If it's just that I'm busy and feel like I should be doing something else, I try to plan in some time for a few days in the future. Then my deal with myself is that if I get X, Y, and Z responsibilities done in time, I get to scrap guilt-free for the time I blocked off.
In replying to Lorie, I came to a realization that it might be my photos that are the issue. Things are all over the place and I have to find photos in order to scrap them since we take photos on several devices and cameras lately. It is also hard to accept any guilt free time right now because I have just 2 weeks before going back to school/work and I have this weird desire to have the house perfect before then. Perfect doesn't exist though. I spent a solid week on the kitchen only to have to tear one of the cabinets apart to rearrange something else two days later. Ugh. Tomorrow is the closet in the hall that we use as a pantry. The shelves are too close together, I need more height, so I have to take everything out, take out the shelves and see how I can adjust them. Oh, and my husband picked blackberries so I have to make jam tomorrow too.