Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you do IRL?

I feel like we get these ideas in our heads about how our online friends are...let's see if we're surprised by anyone's answers I find it interesting to know what everyone does outside of the internet xo

Old 01-07-2020, 04:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'll start!

I've been involved in digital scrapbooking for a little over ten years, but for the last year and a half I've been working as a caregiver to intellectually disabled adults in a group home setting. It's one of the most awesome, rewarding, draining, crazy, amazing things I've ever done. I know I've made life long relationships there that are really special.

When I'm not at work or designing (or cleaning), I'm hanging out with my husband watching murder stuff or tagging along with him to different DJ gigs. (mostly weddings, holiday parties, etc)

Old 01-07-2020, 04:51 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I have been a web designer for 15+ years. Self-taught, I am now going to school to get my degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2020, 04:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

SAHM/office manger for my husband's machine shop/photographer/small business owner for custom items.
I wear a lot of hats these days lol Which is why I have HORRIBLE time management.

I do digital scrapbooking as a hobby and actually photography and custom crafting items started as a hobby too. When I'm not wearing one of my many hats I am OBSESSED with serial killers and murder/missing people shows/cases/LIVE PD. I'm also obsessed with history shows, specifically Nazi's & Egypt lol I know VERY odd obsessions but eh to each their own lol
Old 01-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm the human resources manager at a WalMart. Started as a temporary part-time cashier five years ago, and worked my way up.
When I first started digi-scrap like eleventy million years ago I was living in Arizona, with my kids dad and I was a SAHM. I now live in Washington (without him)
In my spare time I write books, hike, work out and watch movies and documentaries with my boyfriend. Hang out with my kids. And have game nights with my friends.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 01-07-2020, 05:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I design digital kits for this sweet little shoppe you all may have heard of.. LOL!

My hobbies lately are walking and listening to audio books. I'd love to do morea real hiking this spring/summer! I also like dreaming about vacations I can't realistically take.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am an architect, or was, in my previous life (before kids). I was a SAHM for many years and homeschooled 1 to 4 kids for 12 years. I just began working as an architect again, on my own, doing what work comes my way (I'm not looking hard for work LOL).

In my spare time I love to read, digiscrap, nap, sun and float!
Old 01-07-2020, 05:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm a SAHM to 3 kids -- right now the most rewarding part of that title is snuggle time with the baby! When he finally lets me put him down, I design. Before I had kids I was an English major and I taught creative writing/public speaking/grammar to ESL kids.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
I'm a SAHM to 3 kids -- right now the most rewarding part of that title is snuggle time with the baby! When he finally lets me put him down, I design. Before I had kids I was an English major and I taught creative writing/public speaking/grammar to ESL kids.
aww Grace you had another baby! I'm so out of the loop! Congratulations

I'm also a stay at home mom to 3 daughters. 5,3 and 8 months old and I don't have time for anything else at the moment. I'd like to work again once all the kids are in school. But I'll stay away from teaching French because I'm fed up with kids! lol

In my spare time... I digiscrap for some amazing and talented ladies here. Or you can find me watching Wentworth when I'm not on the computer.
I would also love to go back to Zumba at some point. Not easy when breastfeeding.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was a SAHM for almost 10 years until DH's kidney's failed and we thought he might not make it. Now he's disabled and on dialysis, so I work in a Sales/Product support role as my day job.

I'm a poet/author and love to write when I'm not scrapping.

Old 01-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I teach MS Literature at the international school my kids attend. I love it because it's only 2 hours of teaching a day, and it leaves me free to do other things (like nap & scrapbook).
Old 01-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a maid, a chef, a chauffeur, a secretary . . .what I do outside of the internet is making sure my home runs smoothly and everyone is where they need to be when they need to be.

Outside of scrapping, that's all I do other than spending time with my little family!
Old 01-07-2020, 08:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Designing is my full time job. I used to be a hairdresser and design as a hobby but for the last 7 years it's been my job.

I don't do much else. Watch tv, run around after my kids. I'm a homebody. Right now I'm dropping my 17 year old off at the airport and it was a terrifying 2 hour drive on the freeway

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2020, 09:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's nice to learn more about everyone here! Pre-kids I had a background in education and public health. Then I was a SAHM for 10 years. When my youngest started kindergarten I went back to work, but due to my middle child's special needs I had to stick with something on a school schedule that lets me be home when he's home. (He has Smith-Magenis Syndrome, so he's on the autism spectrum, has ADHD, and has sleep/speech/motor planning disorders and learning disabilities. He's 13 now, and jury is still out on whether he'll be responsible enough to live on his own as an adult. Some adults with SMS do live independently, but most don't.) So I work part time as a preschool teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. I love the work and the schedule, but I hate the small paycheck!

When I'm not working or busy with the family and house I scrap and listen to audiobooks.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am a Child Youth Worker aka Child Youth Care Worker aka Child Youth Counselor depending on where you are. I have worked in the education system for 30 years, 20 years in the elementary panel and the last 10 at the secondary level.

I deal with a lot of mental health, social, emotional and behavioural. I can have students with me for a multiple of reasons on any given day from being kicked out of class to having a panic attack. I help them create wellness plans, do mediation, listen, provide a quiet safe place etc., basically whatever they need I do my best to provide for them.

During the summer I work for an Island Resort Community on the weekends. I register them and take payment as well as answer any questions they may have.

At home there is myself, my son and of course my choccy, Harlow.

Last edited by jaye; 01-07-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default !)

I'm an HR/Risk Management director for a healthcare facility. I hire and fire and do everything in between. I absolutely LOVE what I do. In my free time I try to see my honey as much as I can (we live 2 hours apart, so we're doing the long distance thing for now, which sucks, but it is what it is for now). I have a daughter away at college and a son who is grown and has his own family (3 grandkids now!) I digi scrap and quilt mostly with a lot of gardening and hiking in the summer months.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:15 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am currently an SAHM with a side job of proofreading research/academic papers.
Before we moved to Beijing & found out that we were expecting our son in 2011, I was studying Maths & Computer Science for Bachelor, Master & PhD. I stopped my PhD study halfway, because of depression.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I teach MS Literature at the international school my kids attend. I love it because it's only 2 hours of teaching a day, and it leaves me free to do other things (like nap & scrapbook).
Pretty much this, except substitute "kindergarten" for "MS literature" and "3.5 hours" for "2"! Hmm, maybe I should try to renegotiate my hours...lol.

It's been fun, and probably a huge gift to my sanity at our current location, but at the end of this school year, I'll willingly & happily return to SAHM-dom.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm loving reading about what everyone does IRL!

I was a SAHM for 16 years, homeschooling the last 9. Now all of my kids are grown.
I was considering going back to work, but we just moved my mom here and bought a house together. She has severe osteoporosis (she's only 71, but has the bones of a 90 year old), and needs help with things like cooking, cleaning, etc. She is still mobile, which is good. But she tires very quickly. So, now I guess I'm a caregiver for my mom.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

love reading all of these.

holly- glad i'm not the only murder freak. i should share some of my artwork with you sometime, but maybe not here LOL

Old 01-07-2020, 11:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I’ve worked at the same job for 15 years now. Thankfully only very part time as the art director for a not for profit company that deals with golf, golf courses, sports fields and the people who run them.

Also work in our company doing the artwork for customer magazines. In the car/bus/truck industry.

Ummm see why I totally love designing and plan to go full full time next year. Just waiting to get our son through his gap year away.

Mum to an almost 22year old daughter and a 19 year old son. We finally finished with school and school fees, yes!, and are looking forward to enjoying being parents to two semi-independent young adults. Our kids live at home whilst attending uni which we love even if my hubs pretends not to��
Old 01-08-2020, 12:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a dental hygienist by day! I work part time (2 days a week) since the kids are busy busy! I worked full time for quite a few years until my 2nd was born & daycare was crazy expensive! I love my job & the balance that part time brings- great paycheck, using my education and having "grown up" conversations as well as being home for kids & time to volunteer in their classrooms & activities!
Old 01-08-2020, 01:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So much has changed since I was last active here and a SAHM of 3.

I moved to Oregon. Currently I am the Recruiter/Admin Assistant to Safety Director & Driver/Dispatch manager/front desk for a local trucking company; we haul wood byproducts to the Oregon Coast/Southern Washington to go overseas.

I am momma/stepmomma to a total of 6 kids ranging in age from 5-almost 13; 4 boys and 2 girls. I have a new pretend husband (we've been together for 3.5 years, but probably won't get married for another 13).

I just started scrapping again, because I have missed it so much and the kids LOVE looking at the books I had made before. I am also working on relaunching my photography as a little side gig.

Usually you can find us in the mountains with guns.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh what a fun thread!
I loved reading about everyones lives.

I work full time in the communication department of the local goverment of Turnhout. (A small Belgium town near the border with the Netherlands).

When I'm not scrapping or working I like to spend time with my family, go hiking, discover some new places. I like to be outdoors when the weather allows it.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’ve worked as a medical office assistant in private practice and in a hospital for 10 yrs, then when we bought a home in another area I left my job to work at home doing medical transcription and it’s been 20 yrs. I love that I don’t have to leave the house and can scrap and watch tv on my laptop as I work. I watch a lot of tv, I pvr everything. A few faves are Emergence, Good Doctor, Blacklist and Prodigal Son. I like mystery, fantasy, sci-fi. I’m excited for Magicians to return this month. I’m a true tvaholic.

I went back to school about 12 yrs ago for photography and worked as a wedding and portrait photog, along with my transcription home biz until last yr when I gave up the photog biz, so I can focus on my own photography and have gotten into wildlife photography.

My hubs and I are empty nesters so it’s just me, him and Taz our doodle.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'd probably say that designing is my full-time job, as that's what I do most days. I've been designing for about 7 years now and coming up on my first anniversary here at SSD.

In real life I work in fire dispatch at the 911 center in Vancouver, Canada. We dispatch for 40 fire agencies around the province, the largest of which is Vancouver Fire. I've been doing this for 16 years. I used to be full time, but went auxiliary when I had my last baby 9 years ago. Now I work on average about two days per week and only nightshifts.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:29 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I have been a stay at home parent for the past five years (my kids are 8,5,5 and 2), and previously to that time I was a preschool/kinder teacher. My twins start full-time school next month, so I'm currently trying to decide whether to return to teaching or possibly re-training as a librarian in the next couple of years.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 01-08-2020, 07:58 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I sell commercials for the local NBC television station in Tampa. I’ve been here for 13 years but in the business for 20 years. I handle all of the political advertising as well so this year will likely be a busy one!

My boyfriend’s daughter drives a race car so most weekends we are traveling to different race tracks throughout the southeast. Luckily we now have a camper so I can scrap in comfort before the action starts.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have 4 children ages 19, 22, 25 & 27, a son-in-law and a soon to be daughter in law. (OMG that makes me feel old but I'm so proud too) I was lucky enough to be a SAHM for all of my children. I have been designing as a full time job for almost 12 years now. WOW! I did try working outside the home once my kids all graduated high school but after being home for so long it's just hard for me.

When I'm not home designing, cleaning or binge watching hulu or netflix my husband and I love to play pool. We have a pool table in our living room, which makes more sense if you saw the room itself, lol We also play pool on league and do one night tournaments on Thursdays at our local VFW Post.

We also volunteer at the same post helping with breakfasts they host, dinners, clean up and other projects that they need help with. I designed lettering and painted the name of the hall on the door which is attached to the clubhouse (the bar part of the building if that makes sense?) They recently built a Wall of Honor for people to purchase name plates of loved ones (veterans) that have fought in our foreign wars, I deigned the lettering for that as well while my husband helped with a lot of the labor.

Otherwise, I hang out with a few friends, solve murder mystery boxes, paint on canvas projects, read and did I mention we play pool?
Old 01-08-2020, 10:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am an administrative assistant for the technology department of the school district my children attend. I have been in my current role since 2006 but with the district since 1999. I just received my 20 years sticker for my name placard. Obviously I started when I was 2 years old.

When I'm not working or scrapping I love my workout class at the gym (I do that 4-5 times a week/hiit training), spending time in the coast of Central California, reading, crime documentaries/reality tv (I have a standing date with LivePD every Friday and Saturday night) and vacays with my girlfriends.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

love reading about everyone

Old 01-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a degree in disability studies. Currently not working - hopefully that will change soon. Have been job hunting for 4 years now.

When I’m not job hunting I sit on panels and boards or do short term contracts within the disability sector. At the moment I’m only doing one of those things - I help make decisions as part of a moderation panel on funding personal projects from people with disabilities. Previous to that I completed a three year term as a board member for a specialist community law centre for people with disabilities and last year I spent two months on a short term contract working with other disabled people to lead interviews for a United Nations report on the good bad and ugly around housing for people with disabilities in New Zealand.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-08-2020, 11:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
I have a degree in disability studies. Currently not working - hopefully that will change soon. Have been job hunting for 4 years now.

When I’m not job hunting I sit on panels and boards or do short term contracts within the disability sector. At the moment I’m only doing one of those things - I help make decisions as part of a moderation panel on funding personal projects from people with disabilities. Previous to that I completed a three year term as a board member for a specialist community law centre for people with disabilities and last year I spent two months on a short term contract working with other disabled people to lead interviews for a United Nations report on the good bad and ugly around housing for people with disabilities in New Zealand.
that's so interesting! it's a great field to work in xo

Old 01-09-2020, 12:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am a production planning supervisor for an international fruit prep company. I just started my 11th year with the company.

When I am not working, I am designing or wasting time. LOL
Old 01-09-2020, 09:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Currently I'm a Community Nutrition Instructor for Michigan State Extension under the EFNEP Grant. I've been in this role since July and I love it. I do something different every day! This afternoon I'll be teaching basic nutrition and physical activity to 1st graders, tomorrow I'll be teaching Cooking, Food Safety, Nutrition and some physical activity to 6th graders. I can provide this information to Kindergarten through High School and Adults who provide food to children. I honestly plan to stay here for a very long time. I love it.

My degree is in photography, I did that for about 9 years part time and stayed home with the kids for some of that time. 3 1/2 of those 9 years I also worked for another Non-Profit that focused on Families, community engagement type things.

And before that Active Duty Air Force for 10 years, Signals Intelligence (that's what I was doing when I found digital scrapbooking).
Old 01-09-2020, 10:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been digitally scrapbooking for 17 years so longer than anything else in my life besides being alive.

I work around 30 hours a week as an communications specialist/administrator of a faith-based non-profit (a church -- but doesn't it sound so much fancier the other way?! ) where I like to say that I do everything but preach.

I also serve (volunteer) as President of the board for a local youth ministry non-profit that I was part of when it first started 20 years ago. My board term will end in April so I'm looking into getting back into more hands-on work and volunteering as an adult adviser for their fall & spring weekend retreats.

I'm the Social Media lead for my local Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America chapter and am also active with my local Free Mom Hugs chapter/LGBTQ Center and my church (which is a different church from the one I work at).

We participate in Table Groups (small groups) with church and the kids have rec sports and Camp Fire (like co-ed Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts but more low-key) during the school year.

I like to keep myself busy.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I work in corporate training sales in the Training and Business Development Department (more commonly known as Continuing Education) at a technical college near the town where I live. For instance, if a company needs any type of training for their employees - whether it be mandated yearly safety training, leadership courses on how to effectively manage employees, computer classes, etc. - I'm the person who meets with the company to figure out exactly what types of training courses and curriculum would be most beneficial. Then, I work with my team to develop/organize the curriculum, assign the instructor, and schedule the training. I also write the actual training proposals that determine scope, schedule, and cost of the training program. I did this part time for almost five years but started full time in September.

As a side gig, I manage and provide content for several social media sites (including the SSD Instagram, along with Cassie). I've had success turning this into a small money-making endeavor in some cases, and in others, I do it on a volunteer basis.

In my spare time when I'm not scrapping, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, reading, and watching trashy reality TV and/or true crime shows. I also serve on the Board and volunteer for a few local non-profit organizations.

Last edited by kendallt; 01-09-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Before kids, I was a dental assistant/front office/lap tech/hygiene assistant (basically I did it all except order supplies and be the dentist or hygienist lol). Then I've been a SAHM/WAHM for the past 11 years. I was a Virtual Assistant/Brand Manager for a P365 for 5+ years and now i'm also a photographer (shooting everything from births to families to weddings, but mostly families).

I have 3 kids and we live a very busy life with work, home, extracurriculars, & church duties. It's exhausting most days.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I stayed at home with the children when they were little and for 8 years I work in a car spare parts platform
Old 01-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post

I have 3 kids and we live a very busy life with work, home, extracurriculars, & church duties. It's exhausting most days.
hi britanee!

Old 01-09-2020, 10:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabobaura View Post
hi britanee!

Hi Laura! I love that you’re here!!

Old 01-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a SAHM, I have been since my 2nd oldest was born (she will be 17 this month). I spend a lot of time with my family, I love to read, travel and plan trips. My husband works odd hours, so it just works out for me to stay home and be a mommy!

We are in charge of a food bank at our Church the 2nd Thurs of every month. This keeps me busy and gives me some adult conversation and time away. Before being a SAHM, I have worked in sales at a store and as a leasing agent at an Apartment Complex. I just recently started scrap for Hire and LOVE helping my clients scrap their photos!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My job title is Sr. Director, Strategic Development. I work in strategic planning and analytics at a F100 insurance company. I'm essentially the program manager of a group tasked with modernizing the way we do business through artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, automation, etc among other initiatives. I also have about 10 years of experience doing post mergers & acquisition integration work, so I commonly get pulled into help out with any company acquisitions. let's just say when I'm not working on scrap pages, I'm "designing" PowerPoint slides My other job is a mom to my boys, 15, 13 and 2 ½

I love reading about everyone!
Old 01-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It is so interesting to read what all of you do!

I work full-time outside the home as an insurance defense litigation paralegal at a law firm; the attorneys represent insureds or the insurance companies. Right now my cases involve construction defects, personal injury, and medical malpractice. Although I have been at my current job for almost 3 years, I have been a litigation paralegal for over 30 years. My job is full of deadlines, and that can be quite stressful, so it's nice to have hobbies, especially scrapbooking.

When I'm not working or scrapbooking, I am watching TV, probably Downton Abbey episodes (I LOVE that show!), streaming movies or old TV shows, reading magazines, or making cards. I need to get back to reading books -- I did not read one single book in 2019.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Trying to think of the most abbreviated version....

Currently on my 9th year in education. While officially a 'technology aide' I do many things including teaching STEM three days a week. I am also a wife of almost 22 years, a mom to two grown stepchildren and two teenagers, and grandma to a feisty 2 year old. We have a hobby farm that keeps us quite busy and I am also a college student.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Pre kids, I was an Army Medic. Now I work part time as a secretary for a charity that supports New Zealand Special Forces.

I read and scrapbook in my spare time, and am Young Womens President at church for the 12-18 yr old girls.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a stay at home mom of 6 kids. I went to school to be a preschool teacher and worked on and off in preschools and daycares until 7 years ago and have just been full time at home since. Outside of scrapbooking I spend a lot of time knitting and reading. I am currently helping my daughter with Girl Scouts as an individually registered girl, but even before that I was one of her assistant leaders. I spend a good chunk of my day immersed in stuff with my youngest two (5 years and 18 months) including zoo trips, going to the park and going on walks, and our playgroup co-op that I set up and organized. Through spring and summer I spend a lot of time as one of the event organizers for our local Latch On event. I used to run the social media for my local breastfeeding coalition as well but I took a step back from that 2 years ago when I stepped from scrapbooking due to internet and computer issues.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-12-2020, 06:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a stay at home homeschooling mama to our 12 yr old. When I'm not doing that... I'm on our local board of directors for our homeschool group, I also am the facebook administrator, too. I will probably be the facebook person for one of our local museums as my husband is on their board of directors and they need help.

I'm becoming obsessed with purging my stuff... am starting bullet journaling... dabble in bible journaling... and spending way too much time researching curriculum.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am loving reading more about everyone!!

I started paper scrapping in 1998, the birth of our first child.... someone gave me a very pretty fabric album for a baby shower gift and I decided that I could not just toss photos in. So I learned to scrapbook.

Then in 2009, I discovered digi-scrapping.... took me 6 months to make my first page. In 2011 I started a little digi-designing. I occasionally make scrap kits, but also make invitations and educational supplies to sell online. (Etsy and Teachers Pay Teachers)

I am a momma to 4....21, 19, 17 and 15. Was a teacher for pre-school and kindergarten for many years... in 2012 thought I left the school I was at (they wanted to turn into a full daycare and be open all year, everyday... my children were no longer welcome to attend and they took all my sick/personal days. When I started it was a school, so I was able to still be mom on my days off). I started watching children from home (two full time children at home is the same salary as 20 in a classroom, so win win for me!) Sometimes I miss my classroom. Now I work Monday-Thursday and its perfect!

I love to do any kind of crafting... I love to paint and draw, photography, quilting, (used to sew a lot too), travel, (love Disney), read, watch way too much TV and take walks. But with 4 kids... not much time for all my fun stuff! LOL
I hate housework and yard work, but sometimes like gardening... makes me think of my grandma who practically raised me.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-15-2020, 10:38 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I'm a SAHM to four kids ages 15, 13, 10, and 8. I have a degree in English, and before kids worked as an editor/typesetter/technical writer for about 10 years. Now, I take the occasional contract job or edit school papers for my nieces and nephews. (I also edited my BIL's PhD thesis . . . an Accounting thesis . . . snooze. ��)

Aside from home and family responsibilities, the thing that takes most of my time is music. I sing with the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (formerly the Mormon Tabernacle Choir), which I love love love. Singing is a great form of stress relief and self-care for me, so getting away to do that for several hours every week is really good for my soul.

After a really long slump, I'm finally back into a good reading groove. The Choir is going on tour this summer to Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Wales, and Scotland, so I'm trying to read at least two books from each of those countries before that trip. I'm half way through my first book from Sweden, and I'm really enjoying it.

I've been hanging out here at SSD for about 13 years--since right after my second kid was born, and even though I don't actually scrap nearly as much as I used to, I still love being a part of the sweetest community in digiland. It's so fun to get to know more about all of you!