Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Where do you keep your photos???

And kits for that matter... after my last EHD fry, I've been uploading them to my lappy and there they sit. The go into yearly and monthly photos so finding things is easy. I do have Backblaze so they are all backed up, but I'm just wondering long term where other folks keep their photos and/or kits. Maybe I should invest in another EHD...

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

They are all on DVD, both computers, and will soon be on the new EHD that I got for Christmas. I am planning to invest in Backblaze...so that'll take a load off of my mind.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

everything is on my home computer, my laptop and on an EHD

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-27-2010, 10:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

everything in the house is loaded onto a Buffalo Personal Server, which is backed up to an EHD so Mozy can back-up... I want to find another solution for at least photos like putting them on Flicker or something... I had thought DVDs, but they don't last forever... and EHD can fail and are dependent current technology.... so I'll be watching to see if others us Flicker or Smugmug for photo storage...
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

dual EHD's, backblaze, and flickr(once edited).
Old 12-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

hubby and I have been discussing our options lately too... right now we have everything on our computer and an EHD... but we want something either offsite or fireproof... but that costs money we don't have right now, lol... we've also talked about just buying another EHD and bringing to either of our parents so that it's offsite... we're still discussing.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I have mine stored on my desktop harddrive, and extra internal harddrive on my desktop, my external hard drive and backed up to 2 sets of DVD.

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

my pictures are backed up to my externals and i use smugmug but for my kits i just back them up to external.

I really really like smugmug
Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I have 3 EHD's. 2 stay at home, and one goes into work so it's off site. The newest one at home is not plugged in all the time, so in case there's a power surge or something it won't be affected (all computer stuff is on a battery backup/surge protection system, but better to be safe than sorry). I also make DVD backups of the photos, which are also on my laptop harddrive.

I use flickr right now, but I only upload the web size version, so that's not really a great photo option. I'm thinking of lookin into smugmug, or the flickr pro version to keep my full size edits on. Jordan refuses to do online backup like backblaze/carbonite/mozy. Since he's in our companies IT department, he's offered to let me backup onto the tape system (which isn't dependent on software, or whatever, so it's 10x's more reliable than EHD's or servers or whatever), but so far I'm content with my 3 EHD's.

ETA: Kits are on EHD's only.

Last edited by ColleenSwerb; 12-27-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

My photos are on my laptop, DVDs, an EHD and SmugMug, though probably the DVDs are well out of date now. I probably ought to burn 2010 to DVD this week. My kits are backed up on my EHD & some are on DVDs
Old 12-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Photos--DVD (both good and bad pictures), good ones saved on HD and backed up to Mozy. My EHD backup is out of date, but I'll be starting over when I get my new laptop in a few weeks.

Kits--HD, EHD, Mozy
Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hmlentz

I have my photos on my computer and also backed up on Carbonite- If I lost them I would just die.... and my kits and scrapping stuff on an EHD dedicated to scrapping.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have my scrap supplies on my desktop and my photos on both desktop and lappy. My DH commandeered my EHD, but I bought a new one, and as soon as it gets here, I am putting everything on it. I have also burned all my stash, photos, and LOs onto DVD.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have pictures on my laptop and 2 EHD. I have this irrational fear of fire or theft so I've been uploading my pictures to extra purchased memory through Google (Picasa). I'm going to check out smugmug though because I need somewhere to put video and other file formats!

Old 12-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I keep mine on my laptop, on my desktop, on an EHD, and on DVD discs that I keep in our bank safe deposit box! lol
I guess I'm a little over-prepared. I really wanted to just keep them on my laptop, EHD and an online backup service, but the service I wanted to go with doesn't take paypal (which I really wanted to use!) urgh...
I also really need to update them since the holidays are over, and get those holiday photos backed up too

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 12-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 EHD's and full size photos get uploaded to my flickr pro account as well as full size scrapbook pages (well new ones, not that many old ones are uploaded there right now)
Old 12-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Smugmug - BEST THING EVER!!! for pictures!!!

I lost a hard drive a few years ago with like 8billion scanned pics - so I started looking into other ways to keep them safe - in case of failure, fire ect - Hands down smugmug is so worth the money - I no longer worry about loosing my pictures - and I have scanned in all the old family pictures and uploaded them. I also have them on a hard drive - but that is mainly just for scrapbooking!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Last edited by nonnie; 12-27-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

All digi scrap supplies and photos are on a portable EHD and are backed up with Backblaze.
I periodically copy the files to another EHD in my office...especially the pics.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I was just discussing this with my co-workers the other day...thanks for all the recommendations!!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have my photos on the computer, EHD and discs--both at home and a set at dh's work to have some away from the home. I'm scared to lost my pics!

I'm back-up my layouts online and on discs (though I haven't in awhile.... oops)

I actually am in the minority and don't back up scrap stuff. It just takes up too much space! Some favorites are on both the desktop (or EHD really) and laptop but not many because that was forever ago anyway. I really don't by much and most comes from CTs, so I could get them back if I needed them. It would be devastating to lose, but not as bad as losing pictures and layouts.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Right now my pictures are on an EHD which is backed up to a second EHD. I really don't do a great job of keeping the files backed up, though. Plus, both EHD's are in my house which isn't good. I tend to be lazy and if something isn't easy I won't keep up with it. My current system isn't easy.

So, I'm in the process of revamping my storage. I'm going to sign up for Backblaze for the new desktop we got for Christmas. I have EHD's connected to that computer that will have all my pictures, layouts and scrap supplies on them so they'll be backed up offsite automatically. Plus, I have a program that will sync those drives with a networked drive that will allow me to access my pictures and scrap supplies from my laptop when my kids are gaming on the new desktop. I'll have two onsite copies of each file plus the offsite backup.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

I keep them in my desktop PC on HDD which has a RAID mirroring (so they are twice there, even though appearing just like one) and I also have them all on my laptop.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Two EHD's, lappy, and Dvd, also some in Flickr, some on Zenfolio. Not all pics are online, but enough that I wouldn't get angry if I lost all others on the EHD's and Dvds.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

OMG I think I am doing something wrong. I keep all my kits and photos on one EHD. Once a while I put it on a dvd but the last time is way too long ago