Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-08-2020, 09:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Summer 2020 Project Life Check In

I am finally getting my act together and setting some time aside to knock out my 2019 Project Life album.

I have adopted a simpler process. You can read about it here:
http://www.kristalundphotography.com...-life-january/

Check in:
What are you working on?
Are you caught up on Project Life?
Do you have a quick tip to share?
Old 06-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I just received my 2019 PL book in the mail last week! So exciting!
I've been doing pretty good at keeping up with 2020, but have been busy with end-of-school-year stuff & need to do a couple weeks now to be fully caught up.
My tip: do your best to keep up with journaling & photo selection/placement & you can add the rest later.
This year, I have added a "Journal" calendar to my google calendar & it's really easy to jot notes there during the day or at the end of the day, then can easily see & review which days have notes.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I bet receiving your 2019 book was so exciting!! Great tip!
Old 06-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm working on my 2019 digital pocket style album using Erica's EZ Albums. I'm *almost* up to date through June, plus November & December.

I've got my paper PL albums spread out right now, and I'm completing 2015. I vastly underestimated how much I left undone that year! I'm hoping to finish that up today so I can move onto another year.

I haven't even started documenting 2020, except for Coronavirus lalyouts. I think I'm going to use up my PL card stash, and just do cards & photos and words. It's just that the physical PL cards are mostly just 3x4 pieces of patterned paper, and I want them to be filler cards with words on them. I'm being super indecisive about it.

No tips from me. I just trudge along doing things the way I've always done them.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've finally started my 2020 album. I've got four weeks done so far, but at least it's a start. I'm doing it a little differently than what I did the last two or three years, but still using a consistent template set (my own stuff, not in the shop) and just change up the photo spots as needed, and still one page per week. I use the same kit for the two weeks on facing pages to keep the look cohesive between the two pages.

I do still have to finish 2018 and do most of 2019, but I'm getting there slowly. The main thing I do is keep my photos in weekly folders until after I've scrapped the week, and then I move them into their permanent folders, and I keep notes in my planner which I refer back to when I scrap each week. That helps a lot when so much time has passed.

Last edited by Ponytails; 06-28-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have last week & this week to do in 2020 PL. We are still not doing much outside the house so sometimes the week is only 1 page vs. 2. I've tried to do PL in various ways & formats the last few years but always choked and gave up. This year, I went back to superboring "Type A" style layouts, like I did the last time I was successful with PL in 2014, and it's working so far.

Doing PL this year, alongside quarantine, has shown me that my daughter could spend literally all day & night in the basement on the computer, only coming up for food, if I let her. I have very few photos of her over the last few months since she is so uninterested in interacting with other human beings or having other hobbies. Ugh.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am committing to getting this done in the next 2 weeks!
Working on April 2020 now.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
I am committing to getting this done in the next 2 weeks!
Working on April 2020 now.
You can do it!