Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default I'm not so sure about DD next year...

I think for the last two years, the feeling that I "need" to do a Dec. Daily album has made my mojo plummet and has killed my incentive to finish out the year in my Project Life album! For the SECOND year in a row now, I'm sitting on an album that needs scrapping for Nov. and December. I think I need to come up with a strategy to avoid this situation next year! Oi.

Anyone else suffering from this side-effect? LOL!

Old 01-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

This year, I did non-holiday stuff in my PL and holiday stuff in my DD. It kept me sane. I only have the last week to finish in my PL and I have all my photos placed and ready to go in DD up to Christmas.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep. I felt it too for the last two years. This past year I did faves and I think that has worked because I don't feel like I'm over documenting. I need to finish my faves up but I just finished my 2013 PL album this year and it was nice to just do snippets rather than feel I had to do it all. Next year I'm seriously considering doing an IG a day style album for DD if I do it again.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well I've done Holiday Faves instead of DD the past few years and I didn't make it anywhere near Nov/Dec in my PL album, haha, but if I had, I probably would have just added a card that said "for holiday fun 2013, see my Holiday Faves mini album," added an end title page and called it done. I'm not against duplicating things but I'm not sure in that instance I would feel the need to do so, especially with the holidays being so crazy anyway.

As it is my Holiday Faves 2013 album is kind of a bust at the moment but I'm hoping I'll be inspired to work on it before too long.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It seems to me that if you were doing Project Life that you wouldn't need to do a December Daily album.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
It seems to me that if you were doing Project Life that you wouldn't need to do a December Daily album.
That's because I do it like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
This year, I did non-holiday stuff in my PL and holiday stuff in my DD. It kept me sane.
But still--with the craziness of the holidays and the excitement about a new year... my PL is suffering. Not to mention that I have three uncompleted DDs. Holy crap. Yeah... the more I think about it, the more DD is getting the boot. Even trying to simplify it and do it digitally did not help this year.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think this year (if I can stay on track with PL), then I'm going to do DD *IN* my PL instead of a separate album. I'm also planning to do AWITL IN my PL instead of a separate album. Streamlining is my friend at the moment...

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For me, PL means I don't need to (nor would I have the mojo to) take on additional daily documentation projects like DD or Week in the Life. It gets to be too many special projects and "must dos," and that would take the fun out of scrapping it. I'd rather spend that extra time scrapping some of the things that I find harder to capture in a PL page, like how the kids have changed over time, their relationships with each other, or a snapshot of their personality at such and such an age. The things that I usually see in DD albums are things I feel like I could easily scrap as part of my PL weeks.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only did my weekly pocket album -- and I still suffered from festive-overload in December! I can't imagine trying to do both a pocket album AND December Daily.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i haven't even started actually doing this, but my idea is to make my december PL be a page/day vs. doing separate albums …

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 01-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe it's just because I'm not very innovative, but my Decembers seem to be very similar -- I bake approximately the same things, we decorate approximately the same way, we go to a few parties, we buy gifts, we spend time with family, we write notes to Santa. I think I'd get kinda bored doing a DD more than, say, every 3-5 years!
Old 01-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I feel ya!!! I do it the same way you and Traci do it, too... I've yet to finish DD, tho I have all the photos printed and stuck in pockets and all my DD/Christmas stuff in one huge bag waiting for me to finish it up... and November/December in my PL were obviously thrown together and didn't care about adding the artistic creative stuff I normally add... and I just told myself that it's ok, I just need to have it documented and the kids won't care about the pretty stuff...

and after the boys destroyed my 2011 album, I think I need to do the same for 2013 and just finish it and not worry about how pretty it is... just put the photos on cards and write a little blurb and call it done
Old 01-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trista

What if you took 2013, since you mentioned that it isn't completed, and instead of DD, take all of your December photos/events/etc and warp it into your current PL and get rid of DD altogether for 2013 and see how that goes. ??? You can always do more than one double page spread for the week if you happen to have had a lot going on in a particular week. This would at least go in conjunction with your PL and you would be able to get it done and be done. My thought is that if it was incorporated into your normal PL pages it won't seem so overwhelming.

happily creating for Darcy Baldwin, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Krystal Hartley, and Studio Basic Designs
Old 01-18-2014, 01:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so happy--I just scrapped all of November and laid out every thing for December in my template. WOO-HOO! One more night of work, and I'm done.

But now that I put all the photos in there, I'm really wondering if my DD even has a point. Ugh. I'm going to have to think on this.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista View Post
What if you took 2013, since you mentioned that it isn't completed, and instead of DD, take all of your December photos/events/etc and warp it into your current PL and get rid of DD altogether for 2013 and see how that goes. ??? You can always do more than one double page spread for the week if you happen to have had a lot going on in a particular week. This would at least go in conjunction with your PL and you would be able to get it done and be done. My thought is that if it was incorporated into your normal PL pages it won't seem so overwhelming.
I could even do an on-going mini album that lists special things from each year... like each year I like to get a new ornament. It could be cute to have 2011, 2012, 2013 all in little pockets next to each other on a certain topic. Hmm! Thinking even more...

Old 01-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I guess we're boring because if I didn't include holiday stuff in my PL in December... there's not much else going on. In December, holidays are pretty much our life. We spend our weekends baking and partying and watching holiday movies. It's all Christmas all the time. I put it all in PL (with 4 pages of inserts for Christmas Eve/our family Christmas/Favorite Gifts) and called it good. I've done DD since 2009, but this year I just couldn't do both without duplicating and making more work for myself.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have been dying to do the December favorites like Lynette suggested above but honestly didn't get around to it. Not sure if I will just incorporate it in my 2013 PL book doing now....
Old 01-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I've always really enjoyed seeing people's DD albums but I haven't felt a pressing need to do it myself.