Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-28-2019, 08:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Shopping this wkend?

Going to the mall? Online? Scrappy or non-scrappy?
Old 11-28-2019, 08:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had willpower for about....1 minute when I went into the store and then started loading up on some new goodies....and a few things off my wishlist. I knew I wouldn't be shopping anywhere else so was able to have fun here at the store.

I don't really need anything so am not feeling the need to spend money for any new clothes/electronics/etc. I might pop into the Bay tomorrow and see if they are having any good sales on kids clothes (for the grands).

It's the first BF wkend in yrs that I'm not out shopping late night in Bellingham and am glad to be home.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We are all getting over (and over and over) the crud. If I can help it, we're staying indoors and going no where NEAR a mall. However my girls like to go Black Friday shopping and might hit me up to take them in town to the mall. We'll see.

I'm trying to do all of my shopping online this weekend/Monday. I still have a few more presents for the youngest and need three more presents for extended family since they decided to do a swap this year.

Other than that...not much shopping happening here!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I had willpower for about....1 minute when I went into the store and then started loading up on some new goodies....and a few things off my wishlist. I knew I wouldn't be shopping anywhere else so was able to have fun here at the store.

I don't really need anything so am not feeling the need to spend money for any new clothes/electronics/etc. I might pop into the Bay tomorrow and see if they are having any good sales on kids clothes (for the grands).

It's the first BF wkend in yrs that I'm not out shopping late night in Bellingham and am glad to be home.
I didn't go out last year--first time in many years. I'm not going out (or planning to) while we live here because all the stores are in the high sales tax state, instead of on the KY side. I'm sure I'm going to miss it, but I'm not going to miss the hustle and bustle of standing in line and trying to find one or two things off my wishlist.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Online only. Ordered a new bra...been waiting for a sale. But that’s probably it.
So, like you, I feel like I can do a little extra shopping here. Good thing, because my “preliminary cart” totally blows the budget that I set for this weekend’s sale! And I still want to see what $2 steals there are! I’ll need to pare down a little!

If you do venture out, I hope you find some good deals for your grandkids!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:52 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I managed to finish off our children's Christmas gift shopping today (bikes for our 5 year old twin boys), as well as a small handbag for myself. Pretty happy with that, now I can focus on getting the house Christmas-y over the weekend.

Scrapping shopping will come shortly, I'm after some new templates.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 11-29-2019, 01:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've never gone out shopping for Black Friday, and I'm not about to start now. There are no deals that are worth that craziness to me! LOL!

I'm doing all my shopping online. I bought a couple of things for me: a new monitor because once we move, I'll have a computer in the craft room and use my laptop in the bedroom. I NEED that 2nd monitor. I also bought a new power supply for my desktop because it was on the fritz. I will definitely be shopping here at SSD tomorrow. I've been watching all the sneak peeks and couldn't wait! I've loaded all the new releases that I want into my cart, and need to figure out what to add from my wishlist, plus the $2 bargains tomorrow. LOL! I'll blow my budget for MONTHS this weekend!
I'll do some Christmas shopping for family online this weekend, as well.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:06 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I ordered a GoPro & accessories for my son's Christmas present and some little things like a hoodie, backpack and Copic markers for him. I bought myself a few new kits & templates. I am officially done with Christmas shopping.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I plan to online shop today
Old 11-29-2019, 10:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I only go out on black friday if I absolutely need the deals... I avoid the super crazy areas...

This year we popped into Target on way home from dinner to grab two quick things the older girls were buying for them selves. (I feel guilty that some stores opened early on thanksgiving and we went in) My girls went out on their own with friends but I am home.

Hoping to do some scrappy shopping (currently my cart is bursting and my paypal will not cover so I know I'll have to take some out.... waiting on the $2 deals)

We do want to look at laptops for the daughter graduating this year....

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 11-29-2019, 11:35 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I only go out on black friday if I absolutely need the deals... I avoid the super crazy areas...

This year we popped into Target on way home from dinner to grab two quick things the older girls were buying for them selves. (I feel guilty that some stores opened early on thanksgiving and we went in) My girls went out on their own with friends but I am home.

Hoping to do some scrappy shopping (currently my cart is bursting and my paypal will not cover so I know I'll have to take some out.... waiting on the $2 deals)

We do want to look at laptops for the daughter graduating this year....
There are A LOT of amazing deals on HP's website for laptops!
https://store.hp.com/us/en/slp/black...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the first year in MANY long years that I bought myself a much needed laptop! I just hope it comes in time for us to leave to visit family later next month!
Old 11-29-2019, 06:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't do Black Friday shopping. I can't handle the crowds. This year is really different though. We just closed on a new house on Tuesday and we're trying to get our current house on the market asap. We have to do some remodeling before we can move in to the new house, so I'm not really sure what this Christmas is going to look like. I hate that I'm not decorating for Christmas, but I don't want to decorate and then have to move. I figure we will do all our Christmas shopping at the last minute this year, and that stresses me out, but I've got house stuff on the brain and am really not even thinking about Christmas yet. I did hit the sale last night and felt a little guilty, but figure I needed a little shopping pick me up. I've been on a shopping ban for a few months in anticipation of buying a new house.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm one of the suckers who does all their holiday shopping on BF. But I won't go out on Thursday to shop, so I've had to switch to online. This year I bought a Playstation bundle for DH's birthday. It went live at 5 pm yesterday and I got it into my cart at Target, but by 5:03 when I tried to check out it was already sold out. Luckily Walmart's deal lasted a little longer, so I managed to check out at 5:06 there. I'd never have the patience for that kind of shopping in person, so thank goodness for online deals!

I also bought most of the kids' holiday presents online today. A few of the games were on sale, but most things weren't. Nothing for myself this year, but I'm about to make up for it at SSD!
Old 11-29-2019, 07:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

There are a few hair products that I need, and I'll probably try out a local skincare company that is having a sale, but something about Black Friday makes me feel pressure and I usually can't make a decision...so I'll probably end up empty handed.