Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2023, 06:00 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default Babes... an Update & an Opportunity!

Hey Sweet Shoppers!

You may have seen in tonight?s newsletter that I?m just not ready to make a decision on our newest Babes. The talent amongst our community members who submitted challenges during our Summer Scrap-A-Thon is seriously incredible, and all of you are making this decision ridiculously difficult so I am giving myself and the designers a few more days to discuss. (Summer is busy for all of us so we?ve just started seriously chatting about this over the past week and we simply need a few more days to mull things over).

That said, I do have two roles on the team that I personally need help with, so I wanted to put it out there to see if any of YOU might be interested in working with me in these special roles.

Up first? I?m looking for a Blog Babe to coordinate our Featured Designer posts every Friday. If you?re a blog reader, you know our posts are mostly uniform and set with interview questions and Babe layouts or kit previews, so I?m looking for someone who is reliable and organized who will send out a questionnaire to our designers, gather their info, and put it all together into a post once a week. It?s very easy, it just needs a person who is good at taking something and running with it and who is dependable because these posts must go up each Friday like clockwork. SugarBabe Vanessa has been doing this for over a year and can easily get you up to speed on what she does each week and most of the posting can be done in advance and scheduled for flexibility.

I?m also looking for an Instagram partner / assistant? I?ve been handling the vast majority of our Instagram posts since we restarted our IG account last year after having it locked and deleted by Meta and I need help with just a couple of posts a week because truthfully, I?m a bit burnt out. You don?t need to be a social media wiz, you just need to love SSD and our designers, have a good eye for beautiful things, be around and in the loop on our new releases, blog posts and special events, and have some ideas for me. If you have a decent way with words or are able to mimic mine, and are willing to take some ownership of 2-3 posts each week so I?m not having to brain 6-7 of them myself, I would love to hear from you! All of our posts are scheduled on Planoly and it?s easy peasy to leave them as drafts for me to edit, so I just need someone who is willing and interested in helping and working directly with me in this role. It may even be as easy as me sending you a quick email and saying can you work up these images for our sneak peeks this week and so on.

Both of these positions have NO set layout requirements but have full access to the shoppe like any other Babe, so even if you don?t scrap a ton but LOVE SSD and have a bit of extra time, this may be the perfect way for you to get involved. This is an open call (anyone can apply) so if you?re interested, send me a PM this weekend sometime and let me know how you see yourself fitting in to either of these roles and why you?d like to join us in this capacity. Bonus points if you can promise me reliability <3 These are not positions I want to have to re-hire for in 6 weeks haha

Thanks so much for reading. I look forward to hearing from some of you and getting to know a couple of you much better as we work closely together to make SSD sweet as can be!

If you have any questions, please let me know! I?m happy to answer anything and everything about joining our team.

<3

R
Old 09-08-2023, 06:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just wanted to chime in and say, if you love SSD and like Robin said you don’t scrap a lot, or maybe you’re like me and you get on a kick where you scrap tons and tons, then nothing for months, then these are the roles for you.

I’ve always said I’m absolutely not one of the strongest scrappers, I can’t even create a page without a template anymore, but I love this hobby and I love the Sweet Shoppe, I was lucky enough to get a Babe role managing the Facebook page originally, then moved around, I still scrap whenever with whatever I want, without the added pressure of knowing I need to do x number of pages each month. I’m not sure if I would have ever made it on the team based on scrapping alone.

I’d be happy to answer any questions related to the feature designer posts if you are considering applying, just send me a PM.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the update (and opportunities) Robin! It's awesome that you and the designers are taking the task of choosing a Babe so seriously! I know there are so many wonderful and talented scrappers here @ SSD, no wonder it's a tough choice!!
Old 09-08-2023, 07:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Robin, Thank your additional opportunities to join you and your fantastic team! Vanessa, thank you so much for your willingness to help out and mentor the person that takes these new roles. I know that whoever is picked will sure appreciate your helpfulness and encouragement.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Seriously being a blogging Babe rocks. If you even think you might be interested just apply!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2023, 11:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh fun! Both of those jobs would be a blast! Thanks for all the hard work everyone does to keep this place so sweet!
Old 09-08-2023, 11:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I can't even imagine how you would narrow it down from all the fantastic scrappers, I don't envy that task one iota!!! The two opportunities you have are super interesting as well, I think you'll have just as big a task choosing those positions as well!

Old 09-09-2023, 08:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I had writing skills... Good luck to whoever applies!
Old 09-09-2023, 11:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

If I was retired, I would definitely apply for one of the two roles. They sound like a lot of fun!
Old 09-09-2023, 07:19 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Oooh...
Old 09-10-2023, 08:23 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I second what other babes said. If you have a sliver of interests and love SSD and can be reliable, please apply. I can say for myself that Robin is the sweetest boss you can ever work with. She'll definitely assist you in knowing/understanding your role better, if you ever have any uncertainties.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:13 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hey chickies!

I just wanted to say thanks so much for reaching out to me! I'm going to close this submission window because I have more than enough interest at this point. I'll be reaching out to a couple of you who have expressed interest tomorrow sometime and am hoping to make all of my final decisions on our newest Babes by Friday at the latest.

<3

R