Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2008, 05:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default The We Heart Our SOs Thread

I was thinking at lunch today abt all the things FI has done in the last week or so to really make me feel loved. We don't have any spare $$ since I can't draw unemployment anymore & have another week and a half before I get my first paycheck, so we can't go out to eat or buy treats like we normally would, but he's done all these little things (that I plan on scrapping ASAP) that are better than food and treats, anyways... like having dinner ready when I got home from work one night last week and signing up for a carport from the apt complex (an extra $20/month) so I don't have to scrape my car off in the mornings when I go to work and getting 2 loads of stuff from my apartment while I was at work and bringing them back and buying my favorite flavor of Goldfish crackers (even though he likes a different flavor better) at the store.

Share your fuzzy wuzzy lubby stories here, too, please! It is, after all, Hottie Thanksgiving Month, right?? SPREAD THE LOVE!!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aw!!!!! LA, FI sounds like a sweet man!
DH has really been helping me out around the house a lot lately! And the other day, he came home w/my fave icecream & a $10 Starbucks GC. I do my grocery shopping at a super target & they have a starbucks inside & he told me to treat myself while I'm grocery shopping! Aw! I love my man!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I'm totally addicted to collecting Pepsi Points and DH digs through all the garbages at his (6) stores to get the Pepsi caps to bing home to me!!! Now THAT is love!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i've been married for 10 years now and my hubby continues to be patient with me. i could stop there and that would be good enough but i won't.

there's more:

mine cleans- to my standards.

does laundry on his days off and runs errands till he's blue in the face in an effort to make my life easier.

he never and i mean never lets me clean or do stuff around the house without getting up and offering his services, the man is a helper i tell ya!

tomorrow is my birthday and he took the day off and has the whole thing planned for me. he always goes above and beyond on the holidays.

he texts me from work amidst a crazy work day to say 'i wuv u'.

when he sees that i've had a hard day he offers back rubs.

he never bugs when i'm out with friends, in fact, he encourages me to get out with my friends and he ALWAYS stays home with the kiddos.

he is a wonderful man of God who puts God in the center of his family and marriage and it seems to be working.

on days off he gets so giddy that he can help with dinner and when i cook he refuses to let me do dishes.

i know you all want to barf now, so i'll stop.

i'm blessed!

sounds like you ladies are too!!

Last edited by lizzyfizzy; 11-03-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: cause i wanted to. :p
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Taking the boys to the ranch Saturday so I could have DSD to myself. And taking them this Sunday so I can go on our annual mom & daughter shopping trip. Plus he cooks all the meals on the weekends and does the dishes. And when I changed stores he bought me a "I'm proud of you" type card. That was way out of character!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awe look at all the sweet hubby's!!! haha I dont' have anything to add since I don't have a SO FI or DH!!! haha
Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When my dh and I were NEWLY dating, I jokingly said "It will never work for us, you don't like mushrooms." (I Loooove them).

He got all serious and said "mushrooms would be a small price to pay"

So, naturally, I married him

And to this day, when he orders our pizza, he orders it with mushrooms. And eats them. One night, I was out of town for a few days and he called me and said "WHY did I just order pizza with mushrooms?" LOL
Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
i've been married for 10 years now and my hubby continues to be patient with me. i could stop there and that would be good enough but i won't.

there's more:

mine cleans- to my standards.

does laundry on his days off and runs errands till he's blue in the face in an effort to make my life easier.

he never and i mean never lets me clean or do stuff around the house without getting up and offering his services, the man is a helper i tell ya!

tomorrow is my birthday and he took the day off and has the whole thing planned for me. he always goes above and beyond on the holidays.

he texts me from work amidst a crazy work day to say 'i wuv u'.

when he sees that i've had a hard day he offers back rubs.

he never bugs when i'm out with friends, in fact, he encourages me to get out with my friends and he ALWAYS stays home with the kiddos.

he is a wonderful man of God who puts God in the center of his family and marriage and it seems to be working.

on days off he gets so giddy that he can help with dinner and when i cook he refuses to let me do dishes.

i know you all want to barf now, so i'll stop.

i'm blessed!

sounds like you ladies are too!!
What kind of life do you live??? I mean really! First off, we have all decided, if I remember a thread a few months back, that Lizzy is HOT! I believe Lizzy is the funniest woman on the PLANET. I think we can all agree that Lizzy is an AMAZING SCRAPPER. And you have the perfect husband too??? WTH? You are lucky I love you or I would have to hate you. lol
P.S. Happy Early Birthday!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

mine stayed home from work this weekend to help me deal with sick kiddos so I could have fun on DSD, and took even more time off yesterday to help while I was sick (if you knew my hubby, nothing really stops him from going to work, other than usually him being sick!). He fed them dinner, bathed the younger ones, and then got the two middles off to school this morning so I could get some more sleep.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Great Thread! I guess I probably don't appreciate my dh enough.

He cooks & cleans!

He gets Natalie ready for school so I can sleep in a little longer

He is always doing things around the house

He always offers to take me somewhere to escape the house

He wants to do a date night at least once a month

He never ever complains when the house is a mess and I have been scrapping all day.

He calls frequently during the day to say hi and make sure everything is okay

I grew up with a dad that was a workaholic and a very unhappy mom. She is always saying how lucky I am...I am so blessed and know it. I am very grateful. Thanks for making me take a min. to remind myself all over again LA!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to Kim

Great idea!

This is a good reminder that I need to tell him how much I appreciate all he does.

He makes up weekly menus, makes the meals and does the shopping for them. And he cleans up after dinner too. The kitchen is his domain (I do the rest) but it helps so much and I dont mind at all! I can cook, just dont like to.

I also just had surgery, so he was doing it all while I recovered.

The silliest thing I love him most for is that he will lay on my side of the bed to warm it up for me on cold nights
Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

He took the kiddos pretty much all day on Saturday so I could go grocery shopping by myself and then in the evening he did bath night so that I could participate in Libby's chat. And he hasn't even tried to collect on the "favors" I promised him for doing bath night while I played online. *giggle*
Old 11-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

My hubby is a goofball like me... we have so much fun together.

He's not around enough to be of much help around the house, cuz he works insane hours at a job he loathes so that I can stay home with the kids. How's that for love? *swoon*
Old 11-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Oh boy. My man can certainly be trying at times (just ask Sara or Meg ), but he really is the sweetest.

He does the majority of the cooking, and only complains about once a month (I don't like cooking, and his mother spoiled the beejesus out of him as a kid so I threw in the towel long ago).

He drives us both to and from work so that I can sleep in the car.

He does all the grocery shopping.

He constantly grabs me for kisses and snuggles.

He makes me LAUGH!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

What a sweet thread!!

My DH is the sweetest, most helpful, nicest guy ever. We've been together since high school (and he turns 36 next week!) and he's only got nicer and more patient over time.

I travel a LOT for my job (anyone on a CT with me can attest to that sad fact...) Rob NEVER complains and does EVERYTHING while I'm gone.

He also makes sure the house is in great shape when I come home.. laundry done... groceries stocked... everything, so that we can just be together when I am home.

He's always trying to get me to do less so that I can relax, when he's the one who never takes a minute to himself (though I try to enforce it all the time...)

He's the sweetest dad ever.

He tells me all the time, out of the blue, how much he loves me (and Sam) and what a lucky family we are.

One last cute thing... When I get a bunch of srap pages printed up in bunch, he puts them in the albums and then totes them to school to show everyone. How sweet is that?!

My Blog: Life as MommyMo

Proud to create for:
The Daily Digi, 9th and Bloom, Jenn Barrette, Leora Sanford, Fizzy Pop Designs, Tracie Stroud, PixelQueens, Wendyzine and Kelley Mickus
Old 11-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

My hubby went with me this weekend on an outing with my work friends, which he normally hates to do, but he ended up having lots of fun and when I worried about how much we were spending on drinks he said he didn't care and got up and got me another drink from the bar.

He works really hard and sacrifices so much of his happiness in his job so that we might have food and a roof over our heads.

Last night he held my hand in bed and rubbed his thumb across the back of my palm.

I just love my hubby.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Mine gave me $100 to spend on DSD

As if that weren't enough:

- Mine mops floors. We have laminate throughout the house, no carpet. So it's a heck of a lot of mopping and sweeping and it's my most hated chore. Every Sunday morning, he sweeps/mops through the house. He has NO idea how much I appreciate this.

- He is off work now for a bit, and he runs the kids back and forth to school, hits the grocery store, any "external" errands that we need done.

- He bought me flowers last week for no reason

- He encourages me to go out occasionally, because I have a tendency to turn into a hermit at times, with my depression making it impossible for me to leave the house.

- He forgave me when I didn't deserve it.

- He still thinks I'm sexy, even though I gained 40 pounds this year.

I think I'll keep him. Because he mops
Old 11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a tendency to get frustrated by the little things and need a reminder about how great mine is from time to time, so thanks for the thread!

My DH does most of the cleaning. Mess bothers him a lot more than it bothers me, but instead of criticizing or getting mad when I let things go he pitches in and cleans.

He's a wonderful father to our kids. He and I have very different personalities and parenting styles, but when it comes to parenting we balance each other well.

Before each of our kids was born, he saved up his vacation and comp time so that he could be home to help me and bond with the baby for an entire month! He's planning to do the same for this little one.

He looks at and appreciates each of my new LOs when I print them.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

aw well jeff let me sleep in on friday...and he helped me with the dishes the other night...lol it wasn't much but a big improvement on his part lol.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My hubby may not be a hottie to anyone else, but he's mine. and he treats me like a princess all the time! He works hard and is here with me in the evenings and on the weekends. He's not out hanging out at the bars. He helps out around the house when I need it (after it piles up in every corner because my butt is glued to my computer chair). He's very loving and affectionate and isn't afraid for anyone else to see how much he loves me.

Yes, I am very lucky to have him as my husband for 19 years!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was feeling especially loopy last week after 2 huge presentations and a quiz, and then was studying for the test I took today, I apologized for being so loopy and crazy, and he told me that he puts up with me being normal because he loves the loopiness!

When I discovered digital scrapbooking in May, he helped me find a free program so I could try it out, and when he saw how slowly it went on my old laptop he decided to buy me a new computer. Then he decided to buy me PSE6! Not only that, when I couldn't decide what to buy in my budget for DSD, he spent a half an hour switching back and forth between kits to help me decide! He'll always give me good criticism on a page, and when I go photo crazy he'll pose because even if he doesn't like to take so many pictures now, he's excited to see how I scrap them.

He does dishes FAR more than I do. He knows I hate doing the dishes, but sometimes I feel bad that he does them so much....especially since he does a lot of the cooking to. He doesn't mind because he knows that when we're done with school and I'm a SAHM, he'll be able to appreciate all that I do even better because he's helped out so much while we're in school. And I have no doubt that he'll be just as much help when we're graduated because he's so wonderful!

He absolutely LOVES to give me foot rubs!

Whenever I feel sorry for him for having to put up with me, I just see the love in his eyes and smile, and realize how much he enjoys it. I love him!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

Mine is a SAHD, he drops the kids off in school and picks them up, does the cooking and laundry. He also does a lot of the food shopping since he's the chef of the house. He also trains the dogs and makes sure the kids are well fed and behaved. He's the glue holding this family together!

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What fun stories! O.k., right now I must admit that I am a little peeved at my dh, BUT I wouldn't trade him for the world. My dh always anticipates my needs ... literally. I never want for anything. He will go without so that I can have. He always knows what to buy me for my birthday and I am clueless when his turn comes around. He knows how to fix anything, so I never have anything broken. My friends are jealous when it comes to my computer stuff. He is an IT manager so I always have the latest and greatest (I usually don't know half of what I have, only that it works and never breaks). I could go on and on. I think the best gift he gave me was a fax machine for my first mother's day ... basically, it was so that I could work from home and raise our 2 month old daughter. He busted his rear so that I could raise our dd's at home (no daycare) and still works hard. He is a man of integrity. Everyone that knows him, knows that he can be trusted to tell the truth and do the job right the first time.

O.k., I'll stop for now ... sigh ...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2aria06

Oh wow! These are some awesome stories ladies!! You all make me so jealous!! I don't have a SO or DH and I would die to find men like these! Ok, so any of you have brothers-in-law that are single and live on the east coast lol
Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I was really sick yesterday and could not keep anything down so my husband let me sleep all day and didnt let the kids bother me at all (for some reason when Im sick they seem to need a million things LOL) he even kept the house basically silent while I was sleeping which is really hard with three kids here. He called twice today to see how I was feeling and to see if I needed anything on the way home. When he got home he made me some jello since I was still not feeling that great and went to the store to get me some ice chips to suck on.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh and he always helps clean the house when he gets home and has cooked for us for the last six months or so so I dont have to. I did it since I was 15 and honestly just got tired of cooking every night. He actually likes to cook so that is really good. Since he has a bad back and has a hard time working in the yard I do most of the yard work now in return

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

Mine:

1. Gets up super early every morning with our toddler, changes his diaper and cooks him a hot breakfast. (and me when I'm not dieting)

2. He changes diapers like crazy.

3. He gives our toddler a bath every night because he knows I've just about had it with him by the time he comes home from work.

4. He cooks more often than I do.

5. He holds the babies when they're getting their immunization shots!

6. He changes diapers.

7. He changes diapers.

8. He changes diapers.

9. And he buys me everything I want in World of Warcraft, even to the point of hunting down rare vanity pets for me because he knows I collect them. <3

Old 11-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awe you guys all have the sweest DH's!!! That's so awesome!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I "found" my DH at a friend's wedding, though I'd known him for 20 years. He is the kindest, most patient, loving, sweet daddy hunk of a man. I thank the dear Lord for him every day. Here's just one example of many reasons why I love him:

Had a bad weekend migraine wise, so today he brings home dinner (unasked) along with a chocolate milkshake (my fav, also unasked for) because he "thought [I] might need it after my rough weekend". This is after he spent most all of the weekend entertaining our energetic toddler, letting me rest and helping out at his parents.

All you single lovelies out there, hang tight, don't settle - the good ones still exist, and you find them when and where you least expect them to be...

Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NettieB View Post

All you single lovelies out there, hang tight, don't settle - the good ones still exist, and you find them when and where you least expect them to be...
Thanks Nettie!!! I will be sure to remember that! Sounds like you have a truely awesome guy too!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdumas View Post
And you have the perfect husband too??? WTH? You are lucky I love you or I would have to hate you. lol
honestly, i am blessed! i don't deserve it and i thank God every single day! i try not to brag to much cause people get 'little brown bag sick'. your too sweet to me too heather, love you tons chick!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

loved reading through this thread ladies! it's nice to really sit down and have to literally spell out what makes the men in our lives so great! gosh, i know i dwell on the negative so often! thanks for this LA and agreed about the single ladies. the good ones are out there. they are probably the shy quiet not so handsome friends of the super handsome not so shy ones! keep your eyes peeled. most of em just need a new hair style and cuter jeans. *wink* you'll find your knight in shining armour...it's not to much to hope for! HUGS chickadee's!!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for indulging me, ladies! So fun to read.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you gals are all lucky to have such great men!

you all know the deal with my man, but i don't want people to think he's horrible all the time. i know it doesn't make up for bad things, but he does have a very sweet side. It just doesn't show up as much as it used to.

don't let your men get deployed to war zone, lol. they come back looking the same, but inside they are not.