Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-25-2019, 12:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default My wkend and yours?

How was your weekend?

Boy, the wkend flew by. Shopped, binge watched L&O SVU, closed down the trailer, drove back to Canada and spent the afternoon with Bailey. I was exhausted last night after lugging 4 coolers and numerous bags of food and Xmas gifts we bought while away. I did a big Trader Joes run and came home with lots of great low carb stuff. My back car brakes started grinding so looks like new brakes this wk and can't drive anywhere until I get them fixed. Hopefully they can fit me in later this afternoon or tomorrow. So....that was my wkend.

I see that someone has started the QOTD (which has happened a few times lately) so it looks like others would like to do the questions too so I will pass it up to whomever wants to ask. It was never my "job" to do it, so by all means, everyone can do the Friday Fun Facts or QOTD. Have fun with it.

Hope I get to scrap a bit later and get out to walk Taz before the rain comes later.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My weekend flew by too...
No scrapping for me... or shopping. Except groceries... and even then we didn't buy much after 90 minutes scouring every label... my son has celiacs and one of our daughers (number 2) has just discovered some food allergies and sensitivities.... Took us forever to find a pasta sauce with out garlic and oregano. And she is home from college for this week so I wanna fill her up with home cooked meals she enjoys and that are safe.

I also need brakes on my minivan, so we are using the truck for everything.
There are lots of doctor appointments for that college kid while she is home, and one for me.

Today is probably the only nap/break I will get this week... ordered my number 3 daughters senior portraits....

Daughter number 1 comes home from college on Wednesday.

We are going to my brother in law and sister in laws for dinner Thursday.... but I have to make a whole meal basically to take with us. And I still have not shopped for that.... I usually take a lot of food anyway... (they are very careless with cross contamination and holiday meals at other family member houses stress me out big time)

Hoping to get tree up and outside decorated while I have all 4 kiddos home this weekend, and for a family game night Saturday.

I am just waiting for some down time to scrap, craft, paint and/or read......

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 11-25-2019, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Please feel free to continue the QOTD. I used to do it on a daily basis a few years ago, but then I ran out of questions. Now I do them just on special occasions like DSD and Black Friday.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter wasn't feeling that great so it was a low-key weekend!! I got the house cleaned and lots of scrapping done!
Old 11-25-2019, 06:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
My weekend flew by too...
No scrapping for me... or shopping. Except groceries... and even then we didn't buy much after 90 minutes scouring every label... my son has celiacs and one of our daughers (number 2) has just discovered some food allergies and sensitivities.... Took us forever to find a pasta sauce with out garlic and oregano. And she is home from college for this week so I wanna fill her up with home cooked meals she enjoys and that are safe.

I also need brakes on my minivan, so we are using the truck for everything.
There are lots of doctor appointments for that college kid while she is home, and one for me.

Today is probably the only nap/break I will get this week... ordered my number 3 daughters senior portraits....

Daughter number 1 comes home from college on Wednesday.

We are going to my brother in law and sister in laws for dinner Thursday.... but I have to make a whole meal basically to take with us. And I still have not shopped for that.... I usually take a lot of food anyway... (they are very careless with cross contamination and holiday meals at other family member houses stress me out big time)

Hoping to get tree up and outside decorated while I have all 4 kiddos home this weekend, and for a family game night Saturday.

I am just waiting for some down time to scrap, craft, paint and/or read......
Oh Stacy, I just noticed you are from PA.....where in PA are you from? Home for me is somewhat near Philly.
I'm sure we spoke about where home is for you and I apologize if we did!
Old 11-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yay!! I've heard amazing things about Trader's Joe but have never been. It doesn't seem to be up my alley. But maybe one of these days I should try!

Glad it was a productive weekend and you got to spend time with Bailey!!

This weekend, we visited with one of our children, who was away from home. My husband worked. During that time, the children and I cleaned our home because my SIL and BIL came for a visit on their way down to FL to visit with their children. They left this morning.

The kids are off school this week, so I'm actually looking forward to the break and hopefully finding myself again because the last week or so have been hectic and unimaginable!
Old 11-25-2019, 06:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Oh Stacy, I just noticed you are from PA.....where in PA are you from? Home for me is somewhat near Philly.
I'm sure we spoke about where home is for you and I apologize if we did!
I am near Philly too! Right down the street from Sesame Street.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can barely remember my weekend, and it's only Tuesday morning!

I'm pretty sure I spent most of Saturday in the car moving children from one location to the next. We've started going to church on Saturday nights, so Sundays are my favorite now. No alarm clock. No rush. No getting out of my pajamas before noon. : )

Jack got me started watching Grimm on Netflix, so I watched some of that while I scrapped in preparation for Black Friday.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I watched every episode of Grimm and loved that show.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Friday after work Harlow and I went for a nice long walk where she ran free, chased deer and had a swim. It felt good to be out and in no hurry, we were gone for 2+ hours and both of us slept really well

Saturday is kind of a blur, I did a great job of wasting the day, lol. I went to our town's Santa Claus parade in the evening with my mom. It was another lovely parade this year and the weather was mild which helped.

Sunday was organizing, cleaning, and laundry while watching a couple of movies.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I am near Philly too! Right down the street from Sesame Street.
What?! We were SO close to one another when we lived with my parents for the year my husband was overseas!!

My parents have now moved north, above Allentown. That's where "home" is for our family while he's still in service and we move all over creation!

Maybe one day, maybe this summer, we'll be able to get together one day for a meetup!!
Old 11-26-2019, 04:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I ran errands most of Saturday and had church and chores Sunday. We are cleaning out my grandfather's apartment and preparing for his funeral mass tomorrow so we had furniture to move, etc.

I didn't scrap at all (too emotional) but I did organize some scrappy things and watch some scrappy YT vids.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs LeeAndra...sorry to hear about your grandfather.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
What?! We were SO close to one another when we lived with my parents for the year my husband was overseas!!

My parents have now moved north, above Allentown. That's where "home" is for our family while he's still in service and we move all over creation!

Maybe one day, maybe this summer, we'll be able to get together one day for a meetup!!
YAY! That would be fun!!! I have been in this area for 22 years, before that I was a Jersey girl. (Hubby is from this area his whole life)

Old 11-27-2019, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My weekend was spent resting as was the previous one - had vertigo episodes for about 10 days that have only really started to improve the last couple of days.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv