Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-30-2020, 06:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Mother's Day

Mother's Day is in 10 days. Right? I still get mixed up lately on days, months, etc. Since I'm the only one that has left the house in the past 1.5 months or so (to do our online grocery order pick-ups) I know there won't be Mother's Day gifts here. Well, not store bought. My husband is in the high-risk category, so he's working from home and not going anywhere.

Anyway...I am very much looking forward to this Mother's Day after I told my family earlier what I would like.

After preparing/cooking EVERY meal EVERY day for EVERY body since FOREVER (lol) I said I would like THEM to prepare ALL of the meals on Mother's Day.

Pretty smart, huh? lol
Gonna be the BEST Mother's Day ever!!!
What about y'all? Any plans? Feel free to steal my plan. lol
Old 04-30-2020, 06:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post

After preparing/cooking EVERY meal EVERY day for EVERY body since FOREVER (lol) I said I would like THEM to prepare ALL of the meals on Mother's Day.

Pretty smart, huh? lol
That's genius!!! I completely forgot Mother's Day was a thing--we don't normally celebrate Mothers/Fathers Day. I call my mother and tell her I love her, but I do that every other day of the year so it's really nothing celebrated around the holiday!
Old 04-30-2020, 07:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
That's genius!!! I completely forgot Mother's Day was a thing--we don't normally celebrate Mothers/Fathers Day. I call my mother and tell her I love her, but I do that every other day of the year so it's really nothing celebrated around the holiday!
Aww, you're a sweet daughter!
I think I normally receive a flower bouquet and something like a hummingbird feeder or a birdhouse or (last year) a little windchime with a hummingbird with wings that spin. Hmmm. Noticing a pattern here. lol
Old 04-30-2020, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our anniversary is so close to Mother's Day that I want to try and find a beef tenderloin. Our butcher counter has been closed since the start of the quarantine, so I would gladly cook it if I could get one.

Enjoy your day off from cooking! I hope everything is delicious!
Old 04-30-2020, 08:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aim higher Charlene - tell them you want them to cook all the meals ALL week! That'll test their committment
Old 04-30-2020, 08:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Aim higher Charlene - tell them you want them to cook all the meals ALL week! That'll test their committment
Oh, man. I can't do that to them. lol I'd feel too guilty. lol
Old 04-30-2020, 08:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Our anniversary is so close to Mother's Day that I want to try and find a beef tenderloin. Our butcher counter has been closed since the start of the quarantine, so I would gladly cook it if I could get one.

Enjoy your day off from cooking! I hope everything is delicious!
Hope you find a tenderloin! Sounds like a treat!
My husband has mentioned thinking of getting Cracker Barrel take out some time. We haven't had any fast food or restaurant food since March 7. I possible foresee Cracker Barrel food as one of our meals on Mother's Day. lol Which is fine by me.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fingers crossed the cook for you!

My hubby bought me some new paint for our bedroom (our accent wall is going to be watermelon cool and the rest white), new curtains, a new desk and chair. Normally we don't do that much for Mother's/Father's day but my depression has been bad so he's trying to give me some fun new things to help lift my spirits.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammybean04 View Post
Fingers crossed the cook for you!

My hubby bought me some new paint for our bedroom (our accent wall is going to be watermelon cool and the rest white), new curtains, a new desk and chair. Normally we don't do that much for Mother's/Father's day but my depression has been bad so he's trying to give me some fun new things to help lift my spirits.
That sounds fabulous! Hope it does lift your spirits. Looking forward to seeing some pics in layouts.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got at least one of my gifts in the mail today (a new toiletry bag for our fall trip). I haven't quite liked Mother's Day for the past couple years (not since my Mother passed away). But I do like a special meal on Mother's Day. My favorite restaurant is supposed to be open by then, so I'm hoping we can get carry away from there!!
Old 04-30-2020, 09:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

hmm, we not huge on celebrating mothers' day/fathers' day as we don't like the 'one day to say I love you' connotation to the whole thing.

That being said, I have a mother who thinks if she doesn't get her 'Mothers' Day' it's the end of the world. So, I have to do something for her, the problem is that her birthday is on the 7th and mothers day is the 10th and it's just too much for me (unfortunately our relationship has always been very fractious so......)

As for me from mine, I just want them to be safe, happy and healthy. Sundays are our take away/family movie night at the moment and that's more important to me than Mothers' Day tbh.

Hope all of you who celebrate, get to enjoy every second and are spoilt rotten.
stay safe and enjoy xx
Old 04-30-2020, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I usually get flowers to plant in my planters for Mother's day. I was thinking of asking the boys to get new pictures taken since the ones I have on my wall are like 8 years old! Then I remembered no one has had a haircut in a while LOL. My curly haired son is starting to get an afro. I guess I'll print their senior pics even though they're a few years old, since they're newer than what's on my walls!
Old 04-30-2020, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That could be a plan! We have never celebrated Mother’s Day but always celebrate Father’s Day.

Growing up it was opposite. I never had a dad. We celebrated Mother’s Day for my grandma (who raised me) but skipped Father’s Day.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I just got at least one of my gifts in the mail today (a new toiletry bag for our fall trip). I haven't quite liked Mother's Day for the past couple years (not since my Mother passed away). But I do like a special meal on Mother's Day. My favorite restaurant is supposed to be open by then, so I'm hoping we can get carry away from there!!
Sorry about not having your Mom to celebrate with. This will be our first year without my Mother-in-law. I hope you get a meal from your favorite restaurant!
Old 05-01-2020, 06:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Mother's Day is in 10 days. Right? I still get mixed up lately on days, months, etc. Since I'm the only one that has left the house in the past 1.5 months or so (to do our online grocery order pick-ups) I know there won't be Mother's Day gifts here. Well, not store bought. My husband is in the high-risk category, so he's working from home and not going anywhere.

Anyway...I am very much looking forward to this Mother's Day after I told my family earlier what I would like.

Pretty smart, huh? lol
Love this!
I hope you get your gift.

Old 05-01-2020, 06:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
hmm, we not huge on celebrating mothers' day/fathers' day as we don't like the 'one day to say I love you' connotation to the whole thing.

That being said, I have a mother who thinks if she doesn't get her 'Mothers' Day' it's the end of the world. So, I have to do something for her, the problem is that her birthday is on the 7th and mothers day is the 10th and it's just too much for me (unfortunately our relationship has always been very fractious so......)

As for me from mine, I just want them to be safe, happy and healthy. Sundays are our take away/family movie night at the moment and that's more important to me than Mothers' Day tbh.

Hope all of you who celebrate, get to enjoy every second and are spoilt rotten.
stay safe and enjoy xx
I think as my youngest gets older the celebrating/recognition for Mother's Day will probably diminish. My older two (about to graduate high school) well... that kind of thing is not on their "radar." lol The youngest, before we homeschooled, he went to half-day preK and Kindergarten where they made a little gift and card for Mother's Day. And since then at Sunday School at church they've always made a little card or something. He's had his Sunday School through Zoom on the iPad this past month, though.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I usually get flowers to plant in my planters for Mother's day. I was thinking of asking the boys to get new pictures taken since the ones I have on my wall are like 8 years old! Then I remembered no one has had a haircut in a while LOL. My curly haired son is starting to get an afro. I guess I'll print their senior pics even though they're a few years old, since they're newer than what's on my walls!
My crew lets me cut their hair. lol
Yes...print those senior pictures! You'll enjoy seeing them hanging there.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
That could be a plan! We have never celebrated Mother’s Day but always celebrate Father’s Day.

Growing up it was opposite. I never had a dad. We celebrated Mother’s Day for my grandma (who raised me) but skipped Father’s Day.
Sounds like it's about time to celebrate!
Old 05-01-2020, 06:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Love this!
I hope you get your gift.
I'm counting on it! They seem up to the challenge.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is a SMART gift request!! I always opt for yardwork for Mother's day... the boys do a great job and it saves my back a week of aches and pains afterward. This year is a bit of a big request, as we've got garden beds to move, and the chicken coop needs to move from its winter location to its summer location.... and since we'll be spending a lot of time at home this year, I would like to transform the yard into a fun place to be, rather than the dump that it is.... so if they can gift me with the initial cleanup, hopefully hubby and I can return the favor with a quick transformation for them
Old 05-01-2020, 08:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
That is a SMART gift request!! I always opt for yardwork for Mother's day... the boys do a great job and it saves my back a week of aches and pains afterward. This year is a bit of a big request, as we've got garden beds to move, and the chicken coop needs to move from its winter location to its summer location.... and since we'll be spending a lot of time at home this year, I would like to transform the yard into a fun place to be, rather than the dump that it is.... so if they can gift me with the initial cleanup, hopefully hubby and I can return the favor with a quick transformation for them
Do they know you want to do a fun transformation? That might make them even more motivated for the big request. Sounds like fun, though! Well, especially the end results. lol
Old 05-01-2020, 09:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m with you! That’s always been my request on my birthday and Mother’s Day - no cooking and no chores!! I ordered myself a piece of jewelry... first nice piece I’ve asked for since I got my wedding ring 21 years ago. I said it could be Mother’s Day, anniversary, Xmas, etc. ��
Old 05-01-2020, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
I’m with you! That’s always been my request on my birthday and Mother’s Day - no cooking and no chores!! I ordered myself a piece of jewelry... first nice piece I’ve asked for since I got my wedding ring 21 years ago. I said it could be Mother’s Day, anniversary, Xmas, etc. ��
That sounds nice!

I was just thinking...normally we'd be at church on Mother's Day and I've always thought going out to eat afterwards was too crowded at the restaurants. I can't remember if I tried to have something in the crockpot to make it easier or what. This year things are sooo different due to the Pandemic.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Aww, you're a sweet daughter!
I think I normally receive a flower bouquet and something like a hummingbird feeder or a birdhouse or (last year) a little windchime with a hummingbird with wings that spin. Hmmm. Noticing a pattern here. lol
Have you seen this collection from Wendy?

You know . . . . just feeding your hummingbird addiction!
Old 05-01-2020, 03:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Have you seen this collection from Wendy?

You know . . . . just feeding your hummingbird addiction!
lol Thanks. It's pretty!
Old 05-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My plan is to go downtown and pick up fresh popcorn from the movie theater in the curbside to go and make your own ice cream sandwiches from curbside to go. Then spend the weekend watching movies at home. I told my husband that I want to make sangrias, too. Life will be complete. lol
Old 05-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Have no idea what I’m doing for my mum, what I do know is that she is working that day....it might just get added on to the very belated birthday gift/celebration that didn’t get done in March cause we went into a 5 week national lockdown for COVID-19

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-02-2020, 01:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Haha!! I love this idea, Jacinda! But, add that they have to do the clean up, too
Old 05-02-2020, 11:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My one "rule" on Mothers' Day (and my birthday) is that I don't cook so we will be picking up pizza for dinner that day. Our state just changed its quarantine rules so I'm not sure if we'll be getting together with my parents (what we usually do) or not as they are both high-risk and are supposed to still shelter-in-place for another month.

In any case, I bought myself two pairs of ridiculous shoes from Yearnshoes for my Mothers' Day gift so I'm excited for those to arrive soon.

https://yearnshoes.com/products/year...32367409430605

https://yearnshoes.com/products/year...32193718485069

My nephew's birthday is May 1 and my son's birthday is May 5 so Mothers' Day sometimes sneaks up on me. Especially this year when we haven't been able to plan anything (and still won't have restaurants open to eat at by next Sunday), it's been way off my radar.