Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-06-2020, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTW 10/05

Are you a list maker?

Do you write things down, put them on your phone, have a planner?

What kind of things do you make a list of?
Old 10-06-2020, 11:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m a sometimes list maker.....my big lists I have on my phone are two lists to do with moving....one with household bits and pieces I’ve purchased and packed away in boxes and a second list of things I am on the look out to buy from thrift stores and the like. The only other time I make a list is when I’m feeling overwhelmed with a heap of things to do....I find seeing a list and being able to delete or cross off as I do them helps me keep my stress levels under some sort of control

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 10-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm old school. I write things down a lot. I have started putting appts into my phone calendar which is handy and I use a notes app for groceries but most other things I write down.

I have a drawer full of different sized note pads and use them to jot things down. I keep them in my office drawer. I write down tv shows to pvr that evening, things I want to look into on YT, amazon, pinterest etc. As I think about things as I'm working, its easy to jot them onto a pad or paper and then follow through with whatever I want to do with it later.

I will write down general route details when driving to an unfamiliar area just in case my phone dies while driving (I keep forgetting to get a car charger...ugh).

I pop into the dollar store every now and then and stock up on paper supplies.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a big paper and pencil girl...must be the teacher in me or something. I make notes, lists everywhere...but then forget where I put the lists. LOL It drives my husband bonkers because I am so forgetful. We do use google for our grocery list but overall I prefer a paper and pencil list. I even keep a written list of bills to pay in my calendar book and check those off as I pay them throughout the month. I like to be able to SEE it and touch it. I am the same with our menu for the week/month I print a big calendar and write it out esp now that we are eating at home for every meal. I can make notes of what ingredients I need and check my inventory etc...
The funny thing is my phone is a NOTE phone from Samsung so all I have to do is pull out the pen and a screen will pop up for me to jot notes on it but I rarely use it. I prefer paper and pen or pencil...and buy a paper planner every year as well. Old habits are hard to break
Old 10-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a HUGE list maker..... I have to make lists for everything, I even make lists of lists that I need to make LOL I am old skool with a pen and paper, I have tried apps, or tried using my notes, but I just find those to be time consuming and I tend to forget that they exist.... also, my lists are probably the last thing I have that gets me writing instead of typing.... as much as I like the idea of being environmentally friendly, I also don't want to lose my penmanship abilities (I have noticed a BIG change in how sloppy I am because I do type so much).
Old 10-06-2020, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a paper list maker. However, I have a tendency of losing them. I do keep some things in my planner on my desk. It's not super organized, but at least it's all in one place.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I make lists of everything. I have them on my phone & my computer.
On my computer, I have:
Scrapbook Products to Use
Pictures to Scrap
Scrapbook Products Organized by Theme
Christmas Presents Bought (including many past years)
Dog Name Possibilities
Favorite Names
Summer Bucket Lists
Travel Bucket Lists
40 things to do in my 40s
Visited States
Gift Wish Lists

On my Phone I have:
To Do Around the House
Shopping Lists
Running Total of Money Kiddo has Earned on Chores
Movies to Watch with Kiddo
Vacation Planning
Things Needed for Puppy
To Buy Around the House
Future Dream Home Needs
Places to Change my Name At
One Little Word
Hours Worked on a thing I do each year
My Kid's Passwords
Wedding Gifts We Received
Camping Trip Food Ideas

A bunch of random other ones. I have a terrible memory so I make lists for everything.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a list maker as well. I have lots and lots of Happy Planner planners and notebooks. I also tend to have sticky notes with lists all over my desk at home and at work!
Old 10-06-2020, 09:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am a total list maker and I get extreme pleasure when I get to check something off -- to the point that if I complete something I forgot to write down I will write it down and check it off at the same time, lol. I have lists in several mediums. Paper, OneNote, etc.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes. Mostly grocery, but I have a spreadsheet check list for what each family member needs when we travel. I also make small to do lists. My biggest list is things I have to scrapbook. It's actually in a notebook there are so many things on it.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sheri - I do the same. The current online list program I am using doesn't show things once you check them off - they move to a "complete" list - it makes me sad - I'd much rather see them for the day with the line through them so I can feel that sense of accomplishment LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I am a total list maker and I get extreme pleasure when I get to check something off -- to the point that if I complete something I forgot to write down I will write it down and check it off at the same time, lol. I have lists in several mediums. Paper, OneNote, etc.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a list maker. Almost all my lists are paper--the 2 exceptions are grocery lists in an app and to-read lists on the Goodreads website. I have long, thin notepads for longer lists and post it notes for shorter lists. Pre-pandemic I also had a paper planner with more lists, but I haven't needed that one as much these days. Within reach at the moment I can see a list of challenges from DSD with the ones I participated in marked off, a list of online purchases that I check off as they arrive, a list of my favorite family photos from a recent photo session, and a list of the lessons I need to write up for work.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes to lists! Lately, if it doesn't get written down, it doesn't happen, lol. My brain is busy and needs lists (on paper or phone) to stay on top of it. This is especially true of grocery lists--if I go rogue, I end up with all the wrong things and none of the right ones. I have lists all over the place--in a special notebook for scrapbook stuff, a separate notebook for daily to-dos, a grocery list notebook, and other little notepads and post-it notes all over the place for random lists. I also keep an running list on my Notes app of things I need to do and stuff I'm thinking about buying.

Last edited by allyanne; 10-07-2020 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yes and no....lol....I do make lists when I have a big event or tons to get done in a short amount of time. I am a paper girl....

I have a planner....but only used it a few times back in January and February.... I uset he calendar on my phone ALWAYS thought!!! It syncs with my hubbys and the kids and my computer, so we all can se what it going on with who.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by StacyLynn; 10-07-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I am a total list maker and I get extreme pleasure when I get to check something off -- to the point that if I complete something I forgot to write down I will write it down and check it off at the same time, lol.
My favorite college professor suggested making "make list" the first thing on your to-do list. Then you always get the satisfaction of checking something off right away It's a lesson that has stayed with me for 20 years
Old 10-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am a list-maker. But I also misplace my lists often
In addition to my many lists on backs of envelopes, in notebooks, on post-its, dry-erase boards, etc., I have a daily to-do list in an app called HomeRoutines, I love this one because when I tap a finished task, I get a gold star
I also keep lots of lists on Evernote & the notes on my phone-- wish lists, vacation ideas, restaurants/local places to go, etc.
I am turning my daughter into a list-maker as well....here's one she made before a camping trip :

Old 10-07-2020, 12:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

These days I am I used to be able to memorize everything & anything but over time (read, getting older) I really need to make lists otherwise I have no idea what I am supposed to do or what to buy
Old 10-07-2020, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rebecca - love that your daughter made a list for the trip...so cute to see. You need to scrap a page about it.

I'm surprised to see so many paper list makers...I thought I was a dying breed

After reading Ally's post, it reminded me that I didn't mention I have a binder on my desk to organize CT work. I would be lost without it.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love, love, love LISTS!

I'm a professional list-maker & keeper; grant coordination requires mentally and literally checking off multiple steps for multiple grants every workday. Asana's my new bae.

Personally, I make Spotify playlists and seasonal & travel-related bucket lists, organize my scrap supplies in ACDSee which is just a really fancy list , & create my grocery list every week organized by aisle & location in the store.