Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-16-2018, 09:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Summer 2018 Check In

It has been awhile since a check in was posted. Are you up to date on your PL style layouts?
I am SO far behind. Our Lake House vacation was just about over when it dawned on me that I should have gone in with a plan to get some of my PL layouts done!! DOH!
It is on my mind now and I am ready to crank out some pages!
Old 06-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the photos placed on an undecorated page for the first week in January. I'm going to delete it and forget about trying to do it anymore.

Good luck with cranking out some pages!
Old 06-16-2018, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m pretty much caught up. Week 22 is in, but only pictures and a few cards. Journaling and embellishment is still missing. Got the journaling up to date in my journals though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm soooo far behind, more than I've ever been before! I'm on Nov. 2017. I don't work summers, so my goal is to finish 2017 and make it through the first half of 2018 before I go back to work. If that doesn't happen, I'll have to rethink my scrapping. (In 2016 I switched from printing single pages to chronological photo books. I love the photo books, but doing this means I need to finish a full year, PL and traditional layouts, before I move onto the next year. I may have to admit that I just can't keep up with scrapping like this.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2018, 07:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't do PL but I have decided I need to keep a journal to assist with scrapping.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
I don't do PL but I have decided I need to keep a journal to assist with scrapping.
I email myself daily- something good/bad that happened, something funny the kids said, etc. I use this in my PL layouts
Old 06-21-2018, 09:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm soooo far behind, more than I've ever been before! I'm on Nov. 2017. I don't work summers, so my goal is to finish 2017 and make it through the first half of 2018 before I go back to work. If that doesn't happen, I'll have to rethink my scrapping. (In 2016 I switched from printing single pages to chronological photo books. I love the photo books, but doing this means I need to finish a full year, PL and traditional layouts, before I move onto the next year. I may have to admit that I just can't keep up with scrapping like this.)

yep, yep!
I am WAY far behind and also decided to print photo books. So I haven't printed anything in a really long time! lol
Old 06-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
I do that, too. I use the Diaro app on my phone then download my entries to the computer from their website. That way I can just cut and paste the journaling onto my layouts.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
yep, yep!
I am WAY far behind and also decided to print photo books. So I haven't printed anything in a really long time! lol
I'm sorry you're keeping me company in this particular club! I hope we both get out of it soon.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No one at home will appreciate this, so I had to come post it here. I just ordered my 2nd 2017 book! Two down, one to go before I can move onto 2018. It came down to the wire...I literally ordered at 2:59 to get the unlimited pages deal that was ending at 3:00. I have about 5 weeks that are very simple (just photos, cards, journaling, and 3 or 4 small embellishments per page), but they're fine and I'm the only one who will care that they're simpler than my other pages.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Way to get it in under the wire, Rachel! I wish I scrapped chronologically so that I could print books other than vacation albums.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
No one at home will appreciate this, so I had to come post it here. I just ordered my 2nd 2017 book! Two down, one to go before I can move onto 2018. It came down to the wire...I literally ordered at 2:59 to get the unlimited pages deal that was ending at 3:00. I have about 5 weeks that are very simple (just photos, cards, journaling, and 3 or 4 small embellishments per page), but they're fine and I'm the only one who will care that they're simpler than my other pages.
WTG for getting it done!!
Old 07-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I decided it was probably time to start working on 2018 seriously.... I now have the first three weeks completed. I'm going to do a spread a day for the next few weeks- at least on the week days.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
I decided it was probably time to start working on 2018 seriously.... I now have the first three weeks completed. I'm going to do a spread a day for the next few weeks- at least on the week days.
Good for you for cracking down! I was thinking I should start to work on PL too. I have 3 years to works on so LOTS of material to work with! LOL
Old 07-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like a good plan!

I've got about 8 weeks of 2017 left before I can transition, but I got distracted with Disney photos and probably won't get back to PL until August. I just need to figure out a way to go without sleep so I can finish both projects this summer!

Old 07-11-2018, 09:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We flipped through some of our printed scrapbooks and it motivated me to start working on another Scrap Project. I am going to work on PL 2017. I am on Week 13 so I have a ways to go. I can't wait to see it in print!!
Old 07-12-2018, 01:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

what is project life? photographers do something called a "p52", one photo a week. Is this like one layout a week? I'm a bit out of the loop!
thanks!!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's just like the p52 or 365 just different name by Becky Higgins. You can either make a Monday-Sunday (or Sunday-Saturday) page or a weekly page.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbeckie View Post
what is project life? photographers do something called a "p52", one photo a week. Is this like one layout a week? I'm a bit out of the loop!
thanks!!
Project life is weekly or monthly scrapbook documenting, usually done pocket style. Becky Higgins created it, and it came out of the P365 concept. Early on it was meant to be a system of scrapping those daily photos quickly. The basic idea was that you'd have a title card with the week number, 7 4x6 photos (one for each day of the week), and a series of 3x4 journaling and decorative cards to round out the layouts.

Although there may be some people still using PL for P365, most people document more fluidly now, with multiple photos (or pages!) for some days and nothing for others. There are also a ton of different page layouts with a wider variety of photo sizes. Technically "Project Life" refers to using Becky Higgins's products by the same name, but most of us have adopted the name for our long term projects regardless of who designed the materials we use. There's a section of the gallery devoted to Project Life-type layouts.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We flipped through some of our printed scrapbooks and it motivated me to start working on another Scrap Project. I am going to work on PL 2017. I am on Week 13 so I have a ways to go. I can't wait to see it in print!!
This is what we do when I loose my mojo. The kids and I will look through past years and remember all the good things, then their laughter or joy will fuel me to keep on doing it. Good luck on your PL journey, I promise, the sweet reward of looking through your freshly printet photobook will be worth it.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:30 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't do PL anymore, but after i finished my oldest her first book. I still need to finish the first book of my other 2 kids and i started a book for our trip to Paris. I just have finished my first page yesterday lol. And i decided to do the book in that style with sometimes big photo's included. But it looks like a Pocket style lol

This is my first page

Old 07-24-2018, 09:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just ordered my son's Kindergarten Scrapbook!! I created it through Shutterfly! I am not in love with their page elements but I was able to get it done quickly!!
http://www.kristalundphotography.com...der-scrapbook/

I am so excited to check another project off the list. Now what to work on next?
Aulani?
DD1 Elementary?
DD1 Bday trip?
DD2 Soccer Year 2?
I have so many choices!!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've actually got several weeks done in this last two weeks! And I'm almost caught up on editing pictures which is typically what holds me up!
Old 07-24-2018, 02:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've actually got several weeks done in this last two weeks! And I'm almost caught up on editing pictures which is typically what holds me up!
Isn't it a great feeling?! WTG!!
Old 07-27-2018, 11:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I just ordered my son's Kindergarten Scrapbook!! I created it through Shutterfly! I am not in love with their page elements but I was able to get it done quickly!!
Congrats on getting it done! I stress over how I'm scrapping the pages and what supplies I use, but in reality I'm the only one looking through the album who knows the difference. I bet your son will be thrilled with the scrapbook even if you didn't love Shutterfly's options. Did you decide what to work on next?

Quote:
That's great! Sounds like an incredibly productive 2 weeks.

I decided in early July that I was finally making our Disney 2016 book a priority. Luckily it went quickly--I managed to get all 47 pages done in time to print this week. (To put that in perspective, I usually scrap 3-4 pages a week.) It feels so good to know it's done and on its way to me!
Old 07-28-2018, 08:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I decided in early July that I was finally making our Disney 2016 book a priority. Luckily it went quickly--I managed to get all 47 pages done in time to print this week. (To put that in perspective, I usually scrap 3-4 pages a week.) It feels so good to know it's done and on its way to me!
That is such a great feeling!!
Old 08-20-2018, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Y'all, I am completely caught up on editing and loading pictures to smugmug for my 2018 pictures! I'm not sure that's happened since Teddy was born!

And now I'm working on 2017... I THINK I only have December and then I can start working backward through 2016... Having a baby really messed up my editing and backing up routine. I'm going to start adding some actual scrapping back into the schedule, too. lol.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Y'all, I am completely caught up on editing and loading pictures to smugmug for my 2018 pictures! I'm not sure that's happened since Teddy was born!
Wow! That is so wonderful!!
Old 08-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Congrats! Mine are much older than Teddy, and I don't think I've managed that since the first was born!
Old 09-05-2018, 09:53 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I am behind part of a vacation and a few random days, but not as bad as usual
Old 09-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggersjm View Post
I am behind part of a vacation and a few random days, but not as bad as usual
That's great!
Old 09-10-2018, 12:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So far I am trying to keep my pages up to date, but there are some weeks/months that are just hard to scrap so I skip them. I plan to go back to those weeks/months that I skipped before the year end. I took down notes so I won't forget specific details.

We also had a couple of road trips that I need to keep into minimun amount of photos to include
Old 09-10-2018, 09:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh man! Soccer and Back To School time has be like- AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Definitely not getting any PL done!
Old 09-17-2018, 10:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been making some progress! Not a lot... but I've been trying to scrap some recent weeks where the journaling is a little easier. lol.