Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-07-2020, 06:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 12/07

Are you doing anything to get into the Xmas spirit? If so, what?
Old 12-07-2020, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got my Xmas mugs out on December 1st and bought a few new ones last wk. I have the tree with lights on in the LR and will slowly decorate it throughout the week. We have the outdoor lights on each night.

This year, since we can't socialize or have any get-togethers, I don't feel the need to decorate much but it will be lovely to gaze at the tree in the evening.

I have started watching my PVR'd Hallmark Xmas movies when I go to bed each night. I am going to do a search for popular holiday movies on Netflix to see what we can watch on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day. I am pretty sure we are going to eat lots of snacks and desserts and binge watch shows and movies over the holiday season.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I've been watching holiday baking competitions and making my holiday baking list. Next week I will wrap gifts and watch Christmas movies. We won't decorate much though with a new puppy.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I finally got my Christmas decorations up and my Christmas totes put away. I have fairy lights and candles going in our downstairs living area in the evenings as well. It sets the mood for me. I've also done a little bit of Christmas baking!
Old 12-07-2020, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My shopping is done with the exception of a couple of gift cards I can pick up locally and cash. Glad it’s done as our COVID are spiking

I have my light up trees and porch pot outside and cranberry wreath in front door. Tree is still in the bag in the basement. Hopefully I will get it to it this weekend. These last few radiation treatments or should I say the build up of radiation had knocked me on my butt the last couple of days. I’m hoping with that finishing on Wednesday I can get to feeling a bit festive.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We decorated the house the week before Thanksgiving because we traveled for Thanksgiving. We have a tree up, mantel decorated and outside lights...as well other decorations around the house. I love Christmas so I go all out.

I started shopping but I ship all my Christmas gifts to my inlaws house in VA because we are flying there for Christmas. We will be staying with them for my kids 2 week break (hubby will be working remotely). My mom and Dad are in town as well. My grandmother is in early stages of dementia so I don't want to miss spending time with her as she is my last living grandparent. I don't know when we will get to see her again. <3
Old 12-07-2020, 10:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We put up our decorations early. I'm still working on my shopping. I try to listen to holiday music when it's practical ... now that I'm not commuting, I'm less likely to listen to music
Old 12-07-2020, 11:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not really. I do listen to Christmas music when I'm working or scrapping, but that's about it. I think the teens will put up the Christmas tree soon, but since we're going away for a few weeks, there won't be any presents under it.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OH MY GOODNESS NOTHING!!!

There is no Christmas spirit in this place. Normally, everything in the Philippines is lit up with the sights and sounds of Christmas starting in September, but this year is just pathetic and unspirited.

I'm starting to suspect that the White Witch is behind this and that it will be always COVID and never Christmas until Aslan returns. ; )
Old 12-08-2020, 02:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No Christmas spirit here yet

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-08-2020, 08:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Baking, decorating, music, shopping, meal planning. I need to wrap (maybe today) and shop a little more. Bring on Christmas!
Old 12-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ugh, I hate to be a bummer but I have had fun with shopping because of unexpected money lol but the tree is still not up, no decorations. Idk... this year has been a lot.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had the house decorated since Nov 12th, I'm slowly picking away at the holiday baking, pretty much all my shopping done, just waiting for a few more packages to arrive, and friday I can order to pick up a few local things and it is complete. I have been picking at wrapping gifts, we had our real tree up on the 29th, have only watched a small fraction of the large list of annual christmas movies we have to get through, and the elves have been busy entertaining us from their little quarantine box...... but it still doesn't feel like the holidays.... we got a very small amount of snow the other day which definitely helped make it feel more like Christmas. I guess what we are missing is all the gatherings, and being apart of community fundraisers..... everyone coming together, and giving when we can..... the most important part of the whole thing.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been especially Grinch-y considering Christmas is my jam but I was voluntold today that I'm helping to plan my office virtual Christmas party + am participating in the office Secret Santa gift exchange so that is helping to infuse some cheer into this longest-week-ever.

Voluntarily quarantining after being potentially exposed to COVID (but found out that the potential "spreader" tested negative) has kept us from doing the couple of COVID-friendly outdoor things that we could have done + kept us from seeing my parents so we can finally get out to get our tree & make cookies with my mom this weekend so that should help, too.