Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-27-2022, 07:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Gallery questions

Hey. It's not super important... but does anyone (especially the "powers that be" here) know if there's a way to know where views/clicks come from for layouts in the gallery? Like if they are linked from some other site. Or is there a way to track that? Or if an image has been posted somewhere else or pinned (pinterest, for example) is there a way to trace/track that? There have been a few times where I've posted a few layouts at the same time even using the same bundle and set of templates and one of them would get a ton more views than the rest. Not as big at the moment, but I posted 3 layouts last week (using the same bundle) and one has more than twice the number of views as the other two. Again, that particular example isn't "extreme." I can't think of which other layouts in the past I noticed that with. (With larger differences.) But... I just glanced through my layouts and I have one with 7,566 views. Why??? The one I have from 2020 titled "Coronavirus" has 3849 which I can understand since people may have been doing a search with that word back in 2020. But the one with 7,566 views? Nothing special to me about that one compared to the the rest of my gallery. lol If it was pinned on Pinterest, would that lead people back to it here? And...is there a way for me to see if it was pinned or not? I tried to do a Google image search on my phone with the layout image and didn't see anything that way.

I would be even more questioning such numbers if it was images of my kids as toddlers or something.

Just thought I'd ask.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:06 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I cannot answer most of those questions, Charlene, I am so sorry. However, I do know that if people pin your page from here to Pinterest, every time someone clicks on it in Pinterest, it will bring them back here, to your SSD gallery. I hope that helps a little.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was wondering about that too because I have a page with over 7K views and it was only the rooms in the hotel we stayed in in Florida and nothing special. I was thinking someone opened them and left it on their browser
Old 10-27-2022, 10:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Curious for sure! My highest is 790ish...there are some in the Sugar Babe gallery with 57000...WOW! The statistics would be interesting
Old 10-27-2022, 10:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My layout with the highest views is 15,030. Someone commented on it that they found it on Pinterest.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad you asked this question. I have one page from this year that has over 28,000 views! Why?! It's an ok page but far from the best. It was featured on the Gallery Standouts blog on Father's Day so some may have come from that and some from Pinterest but that's still a crazy number of views. Way more than any others in my gallery. The next highest number of views is 1900. Maybe it's some sort of gallery glitch?
Old 10-28-2022, 06:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Y'all make me feel better. lol I'm not at/on Pinterest much but I remember once coming across one of my layouts there. It felt weird that I wouldn't know if/when one of my images was pinned there. Seems like there would be some way of knowing.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:36 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
Y'all make me feel better. lol I'm not at/on Pinterest much but I remember once coming across one of my layouts there. It felt weird that I wouldn't know if/when one of my images was pinned there. Seems like there would be some way of knowing.
I joined a paid forum for learning the program I use last year. As I was looking at some of the monthly lessons, I saw one of my layouts as an example in a lesson posted in 2018. I was shocked especially because the layout was probably posted in 2014 in a gallery that closed down in 2015.

Evidently the assistant that searches for layouts found it on pinterest since they asked that if anyone had a link to the original layout to let them know. Needless to say I did let them know it was mine but it was no longer available in a gallery since the gallery was closed down. However, I just logged into my pinterest account and I must have uploaded that layout myself since there is no link for any gallery on that image.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would be curious to see those analytics too, but I don't know if they exist (at least not in a way that's accessible). I have one page that has almost 20K views. As others have mentioned, some pages seem to "go viral" either from Pinterest or some other forums they are linked from.

I always think it's interesting. Some of my very favorite pages have few views/comments and others that I wouldn't have thought would get a lot of attention have a lot of activity.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I guess I expect too much from the internet/Google. lol If my image is pinned/linked somewhere else, I "expect" to see where. lol But...I don't suppose someone is stalking me or something so I guess it doesn't matter.