Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-25-2017, 01:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Angry PSE 15

Does anyone else have problems with it?

I got it for CHristmas & installed it on my brand new computer, but it is soooo slow. If PSE is open, it makes all my other programs lag. So yesterday I uninstalled it and reinstalled PSE 12, and everything is working super smoothly. : ( There really weren't any features in the upgrade that I liked anyway, but it seems weird to me that a newer program would mess up my system like that. Anybody else have trouble?
Old 03-25-2017, 05:21 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't use PSE but I would agree that it would be aggravating that you got a present and it does not work properly.

I just spent 2 days trying to figure out why my new dell computer would not open internet pages. I had AVG as my virus software and once I removed it and went with McAfee it is working great. So aggravating that software companies don't fix the bugs.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I find that it's slow if I use templates but otherwise it's okay. It has a few other things that bug the crap out of me (the ctrl+G shortcut doesn't work for one and I can't figure out how to use a stroke to give my photos a border is another )
Old 03-25-2017, 08:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I find that it's slow if I use templates but otherwise it's okay. It has a few other things that bug the crap out of me (the ctrl+G shortcut doesn't work for one and I can't figure out how to use a stroke to give my photos a border is another )
Marie, Try Ctrl+Alt+G to create a clipping mask. I hate it because I can't do it with one hand, but it's better than having to right click on the box.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Marie, Try Ctrl+Alt+G to create a clipping mask. I hate it because I can't do it with one hand, but it's better than having to right click on the box.
Thanks for that tip! I wish they would just leave some things alone... like why is that better than the original command I really miss being able to put a border on my photos so if you figure that one out let me know!
Old 03-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I just installed it too. I was on PSE10 (I think). I'm definitely not a fan of it so far. There are several things I wish they wouldn't have changed. I have trouble keeping the bounding box on.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have heard this is a common problem. I'm still on 11 and I think I have upgrade because my current OS is conflicting, I think... So have been researching 15... not cool. Now, I don't know what to do...
Old 03-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thanks for that tip! I wish they would just leave some things alone... like why is that better than the original command I really miss being able to put a border on my photos so if you figure that one out let me know!

Ctrl + Alt + G is the shortcut in PS so that might be why. I had to relearn when I moved from PSE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
To add a stroke outline.... select the layer/photo and go to edit - stroke (outline selection) - a pop up box will appear and then you choose the colour, size and whether you want it inside, centre our outside.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-M View Post
To add a stroke outline.... select the layer/photo and go to edit - stroke (outline selection) - a pop up box will appear and then you choose the colour, size and whether you want it inside, centre our outside.

I hope this helps.
See, this is how it worked in PSE 12 but for some reason the stroke selection isn't highlighted in PSE 15 and I can't select it!
Old 03-26-2017, 02:23 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Marie, it should work as I tried it in my PSE15 .
Is the correct layer selected? I just looked on my PSE15 and if no layer is selected "stroke outline selection" is greyed out.
You are working in "Expert" mode?

Just had another look... do you have only your photo open or is it on a layer within a layout? If you only have the photo open and not copied it is called a background and you will not be able to add a stroke to it until you copy it so it is on another layer.

HERE is a link to a discussion about strokes that may help. It has helped me as I think I will use the stroke within styles from now on as then if I do not like it I can delete it or alter it.
So thank you Marie for causing me to discover something new for myself.

Last edited by A-M; 03-26-2017 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-M View Post
Marie, it should work as I tried it in my PSE15 .
Is the correct layer selected? I just looked on my PSE15 and if no layer is selected "stroke outline selection" is greyed out.
You are working in "Expert" mode?

Just had another look... do you have only your photo open or is it on a layer within a layout? If you only have the photo open and not copied it is called a background and you will not be able to add a stroke to it until you copy it so it is on another layer.

HERE is a link to a discussion about strokes that may help. It has helped me as I think I will use the stroke within styles from now on as then if I do not like it I can delete it or alter it.
So thank you Marie for causing me to discover something new for myself.
Thanks Anne-Marie! I always have the photo as a layer on top of the background and in PSE 12 that worked but in PSE 15 it's greyed out BUT I went to the link and now I'll use the method of making the stroke on a separate layer and merging them