Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 03-14-2020, 02:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default You've heard of Week in the Life, how about joining me in...

Week in Isolation!

Like for real. We are scrapbookers, lets scrapbook this! I've been out of the scrapbooking scene for a few years, so I'm honestly not sure how much people still do Week in the Life, but with so many lives being turned upside down this seems like the perfect time to show what ISN'T our normal. For those of us how are just now being sent into "social distancing" and school closures we can show our gradual descent into madness.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-14-2020, 03:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I can't wait to see all the creative ways this insanity is documented!!
Old 03-14-2020, 06:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I took photos of my shopping..... just food..... and a few of my over stocked pantry and freezer, so there will def be a scrap page or two.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-14-2020, 08:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Since I cancelled my little getaway the first day involved a $200 vet visit as my sidekick has kennel cough. She is now on shut down in terms of activity, this will not be fun. I took off and did some retail therapy getting some new goodies for my camera, a dog cookie jar and a really cute little pink bowl with flamingos on it. I window shopped a new desk and computer then took my son out for dinner. Tomorrow I am going antiquing and Monday want to start on the spare bedroom that will be turned into an office.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Totally in on this! I've got some photos of headlines, and some photos of the "school" corner I've set up with the kids' supplies from their classrooms. I'm also going to keep a list of board games we play, and what the favorite movies were that we watched.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have been taking pics...I will probably put a simple scrapbook together.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For us this is pretty 'normal'.... years of being an Introvert that hides away at home all the time is finally coming in handy! As for the kids and having extended time stuck at home, they are unaffected... they are actually glad I won't be taking them away from their video games to go on an adventure (currently they are on their spring vacation from school... we normally go bowling, skating, and this year I was going to try to take them to play laser tag but I'm not risking taking them out and about)..... so it's business as usual for everyone. I do worry about my husband though.... he works at a funeral home and deals with crowds a lot, and he's also a volunteer firefighter/medical responder so there's plenty of possible situations he can get in to that worry me. So far, there are no confirmed cases in our province, but as the numbers rise, I know it's only a matter of time.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We aren't in quarantine yet but I am definitely documenting all of this. I didn't take grocery store pictures but maybe I should go take some tomorrow. I need to take my son for shoes so we could stop by the walmart next door to the shoe store and snap some pics.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been recording it all so I could eventually scrap it. I've got photos of the grocery store and a lot of screen shots (emails, headlines, etc) so far. I've also been journaling. By the time everything goes somewhat back to normal, I think I'm going to be overwhelmed with all the info I'll have
Old 03-15-2020, 06:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been practicing social distancing all my life so it's nothing new for me but I do love that more people will be online so I have more people to chat with We all just have to be careful these days. I have a cold, my son has a cold so lots of washing hands and when we do go out...go in/out the grocery store fast and back home.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:00 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Great idea, we are not isolated yet but things are definitely changing day to day. I have a feeling my work as a relief (substitute) teacher will get busier in the next days or weeks as there are a few staff and lots of students already off today. I am dying to try Traci’s Memory Planner templates so thinking this might be a great use for them over the next week or so.