Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Tell me something special

Did you have anything special happen to you this week/month? Anything that made you particularly happy? Big or small, it doesn't matter - I want to hear about it.

I had this moment with my daughter that I want to share. Kinda makes me feel like I'm not totally stuffing her up

Your turn . . .
Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

does 6 days away from uni count as something good - I normally have every Thursday off but this week I don't go back again until next Wednesday which is a good chance for me to start some assignments and do some scrapping hopefully

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-30-2013, 12:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My littlest one had some paper and crayons out to do a drawing at the table this afternoon. She started it, but after only a little time, went back to the couch because she's not feeling well today. I passed the table on my way to the kitchen an hour or so later and noticed some writing on her paper... It wasn't her because she can't write. My son had written a little note on her paper on the bottom: "I love u Gracie -Ben" and he drew a little heart.

That feeling of happiness welling up inside was so instant, I cried a little. So, so, so sweet & precious.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I just posted this on FB literally 5 mins ago!!!
"Abby just informed me that she wants to be an astronaut when she grows up so she can do a flip in outer space without a floor!!!!"

it makes me happy to hear from the mind of a 7 y/o
Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

my 7 year old he has PDD-NOS (form of autism). He has a hard time understanding emotions and meanings to stories or movies. I took him on Monday to see a movie (was begging to see it) The Croods. There was a moral and very good story to it and when the movie was finishing up he said something (dont want to give the movie away) but my son understood it. I just about cried in the movie theater.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aw you guys, these are wonderful! Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I love feel-good stories.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For our anniversary Thursday John set up for my mom to babysit all the kids so that he could take me out to eat.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-30-2013, 12:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter had the courage today to climb the rock wall all the way to the very top. Made this mama proud.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200331801449536

Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We found out last night at midnight that my high school senior (DS2) got accepted into the Honors College at Arizona State University.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:24 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Oh - I love hearing all these stories from everyone.

I think my favorite thing from this past week was going to have lunch with my sister. Since she went back to work as a teacher a few years ago, we haven't been able to spend as much time together as we used to. And, I realized that I had never even seen her classroom. So, yesterday, I picked up sandwiches and met her at school during her lunch hour. We sat in her classroom and talked and laughed and solved all the world's problems. We have always been close, and life has been crazy for both of us over the last few years, so it was really wonderful to spend that time with her this week. <3

Old 03-30-2013, 02:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My parents were here for the last two weeks, and we went to the beach. : ) We haven't seen them since Ariana was born last May, so it was extra special to have them here.

This picture makes me happy:
[IMG][/IMG]

That's a great story about your daughter realizing the power of prayer, Jacinda!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sharing this layout because it made me happy this week. I scrapped the layout and then had Cheyanne do the journaling about herself. It made me so happy to realize that she recognizes these things in herself and that they are GOOD things, where a lot of young teens would either not recognize them or wouldn't admit to them. She is so headstrong and independent (a challenge at home pretty much on a 24/7 basis) so I'm glad that she recognizes the good in herself.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We moved from the DC area about 10 years ago and while I don't miss DC that much, I do really miss our best friends that still live there. They came to visit us this week and we had such a great time reconnecting.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i got to have a girls night out with my best friend last night. was totally needed after a long week with a sick little girl.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My daughter got all of her paperwork done and applied to two grad school programs yesterday. She's ready for her next step!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm getting all teary-eyed reading these stories! This week I had a date with my sister--like Lydia, we haven't spent time that was "just ours" for a while. I really felt like we'd become teenagers again--squeeing about celebrities and music videos we liked, talking a mile a minute about all kinds of things, and then freaking out when we saw an eat-all-you-can buffet and sat down to feast.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My Nicholas has been having some troubles behaving in school since like November. Nothing bad, but some days he refuses to do his work when he's supposed to or yells about hating things and diving to hide. I have no idea where it came from or how to solve it, but he's been working really hard on behaving. I had told him that he could have a special prize if he had more green days than yellow days this month and no red or blue days (he has only had maybe 3 of those anyway). It came down to the very last day, but he had more green days. (It goes green, yellow, red, blue with green being a good day and blue being had to call home because of behavior). He had said all month he wanted a big $50 Lego set, then the day he earned it, he changed his mind to a small $6 stuffed Mickey Mouse. lol Clearly, doesn't understand money yet.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jacinda & Marie...those layouts/stories are just awesome!!! You both must be proud of your girls!!

My 5yr old girl "wrote" (mostly drew) a note to me this week when she was mad. She drew herself (mad) with an arrow pointing to a picture of grandmas house. LOL I think it was her first runaway note...ha ha...I will probably scrapbook it. Not quite as proud as these other stories, but sort of funny.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I managed to run 3 times this week, and 3 times last week. I've gained back a lot of weight from a huge weight loss a couple of years ago. I am very tired and unmotivated, but I've pushed myself to try to do something about it.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k23m View Post

My 5yr old girl "wrote" (mostly drew) a note to me this week when she was mad. She drew herself (mad) with an arrow pointing to a picture of grandmas house. LOL I think it was her first runaway note...ha ha...I will probably scrapbook it. Not quite as proud as these other stories, but sort of funny.
haha...that's awesome.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We bought a new car this week - wasn't in our plans but it makes me smile to see it in our driveway and know it is mine.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This Easter my daughter finally knew the secret about the Easter Bunny. It melted my heart that during the egg hunt, she waited for her little brother to spot the eggs himself so he could grab most of them. <3
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

We were at Easter dinner with my husband's family, and my BIL was acting like a spoiled child.... which upset my SIL. Ended up that both of them took off out of the house in opposite directions, leaving the rest of us there. My oldest stepped up and started doing the dishes.... something I always have to ASK him to do at our house. I was a proud momma. Plus, he got hired for his very first job this weekend, working at an amusement park this summer. So excited for him!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One night last week as I was frustrated with the kids not going to sleep, I decided to calm down by playing the guitar and singing. My daughter fell right to sleep, but my son kept sneaking down with the biggest smiles on his face saying "Mama! You are playing the _____ song!" It was so adorable that I was able to calmly tell him "Yes, I am. Now please go back to bed". He even turned off his music and opened his door so that he could hear me play, and he eventually did go to sleep. Now he is obsessed with me playing the guitar, and it's a great way to improve all of our moods.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
One night last week as I was frustrated with the kids not going to sleep, I decided to calm down by playing the guitar and singing. My daughter fell right to sleep, but my son kept sneaking down with the biggest smiles on his face saying "Mama! You are playing the _____ song!" It was so adorable that I was able to calmly tell him "Yes, I am. Now please go back to bed". He even turned off his music and opened his door so that he could hear me play, and he eventually did go to sleep. Now he is obsessed with me playing the guitar, and it's a great way to improve all of our moods.
Aww! What a great thing to do.

I'm loving all these wonderful stories.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Such an uplifting post.