Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2011, 01:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default HOW? Photo tagging? ... possible in CS3?

Ok I remember back when I had PSE originally ... there was an organizer and you could tag each photo ... then supposedly pull up photos by tags. Well had so much problems with laptops at the time, I had to retag one time after spending a ton of time doing initial one and didn't get back up. So dropped it.

Now I have CS3 (I do have PSE still I could pull out) ... but was wondering if there is some kind of tagging that could be done ... here is what I want to do ...

I have a TON of pictures that I need to share with the team, but I don't want to write tons of disks for 25 families ... so thought as I went through (and deleted fuzzy pics) I would tag the photos on who is in them (can you put multiple tags on one photo?) ... then hopefully I could pull them up by family name and copy them for people onto their flash drive.

Is this possible...what are my choices ... I have Adobe Photoshop CS3 extended, Lightroom, Adobe PSE (couple of versions), and TumaSoft ... maybe one of these programs have the feature and I just didn't read that part of the instructions (or forgot) ... know PSE does but was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall it if one of the other programs had it.

If it is possible it will really really make my life easier! Thanks!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you have Windows or Mac? If ypu have Windows ypu should have Windows Live Photo Gallery (or you can download it for free) which allows you to tag faces just like Facebook. I think it'll even keep the tags if you upload to facebook/flickr/ etc. I love WLPG as my organizer for digi scrap files and jpegs.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You can use Adobe Bridge (comes with Photoshop) or Lightroom to tag your photos. In Lightroom it's called keywording and you can find a video tutorial about it here: http://www.digiscrap101.com/
Old 05-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also use Windows Live Photo Gallery and it works great. I use it to organize and tag all of my digital scrapbooking supplies in addition to my photos. And yes, you can put multiple tags on one photo.