Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 06-29-2020, 09:48 PM
sharonbertol's Avatar
sharonbertol sharonbertol is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 198
Default Best new portable photo printer

I am looking at buying a small printer to print 4 x 6 photos or smaller. I saw some small ones that were portable. Any recommedations?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 PM
Tree City's Avatar
Tree City Tree City is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 764
Default

Oh, I didn't realize no one replied to this. I would have if I'd known. *blush* I know someone who LOVES her HP Sprocket. Now they have the Sprocket Plus, which connect via Bluetooth. Talk about portable!

Personally, I have a Canon Selphy. It needs to be plugged into an outlet, so it isn't exactly "portable," but it prints up to 4x6, the colors are pretty good, and standard 4x6 paper usually comes out to about $0.30 per print. (There are sticker papers and other sizes...I don't buy them so I can't break down the price.)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2020, 05:54 PM
sharonbertol's Avatar
sharonbertol sharonbertol is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 198
Default

Thanks Tree City. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2020, 06:40 PM
Tree City's Avatar
Tree City Tree City is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 764
Default

You're welcome!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-19-2020, 03:37 PM
Scrappy Penguin Scrappy Penguin is offline
Sweets
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 297
Default

I have the Selphy CP760 and love it. I recently got the selphy CP1300 and no longer need the CP760. I have it listed on FB I love them both.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-20-2020, 01:30 PM
bcgal00's Avatar
bcgal00 bcgal00 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver area, BC Canada
Posts: 3,125
Default

My daughter loves her Canon Selphy. When she moved back home last month it got misplaced/lost in the move and she has been frantically tearing the house apart looking. If she doesn't find it soon she is going to buy a new one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-28-2020, 03:31 PM
sharonbertol's Avatar
sharonbertol sharonbertol is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 198
Default

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-14-2021, 07:24 AM
romsgames85 romsgames85 is offline
Sugar Baby
 
profile gallery
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: New York
Posts: 1
Default

Canon Selphy I would say
also Epson 578
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-21-2021, 05:28 AM
SunnyLeslie's Avatar
SunnyLeslie SunnyLeslie is offline
Sweetie Pie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 25
Default

I would look at some devices made by Canon or Epson. These are the most adequate manufacturers of printers and scanners.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-17-2021, 12:55 PM
anan21 anan21 is offline
Sugar Baby
 
profile gallery
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonbertol View Post
I am looking at buying a small printer to print 4 x 6 photos or smaller. I saw some small ones that were portable. Any recommedations?
You can go with HP.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-01-2021, 06:09 AM
violar violar is offline
Sugar Baby
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 4
Default

I have a Canon SELPHY CP1300. It's actually great for 4x6 cards. Sure, ink and paper adds up, but you can print wirelessly from your phone - it's super convenient.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-10-2022, 02:20 AM
Cherylny's Avatar
Cherylny Cherylny is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
Oh, I didn't realize no one replied to this. I would have if I'd known. *blush* I know someone who LOVES her HP Sprocket. Now they have the Sprocket Plus, which connect via Bluetooth. Talk about portable!

Personally, I have a Canon Selphy. It needs to be plugged into an outlet, so it isn't exactly "portable," but it prints up to 4x6, the colors are pretty good, and standard 4x6 paper usually comes out to about $0.30 per print. (There are sticker papers and other sizes...I don't buy them so I can't break down the price.)
Hi Sara! Do you really like your Selphy? I'm just starting to use my Traveler's Journals again and would love to just print out a picture now and again (maybe 2 or 3 - haha. I don't know much about the pricing, etc. but looking for some suggestiong.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-10-2022, 02:22 AM
Cherylny's Avatar
Cherylny Cherylny is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
My daughter loves her Canon Selphy. When she moved back home last month it got misplaced/lost in the move and she has been frantically tearing the house apart looking. If she doesn't find it soon she is going to buy a new one.
Hi Rae. I just saw your response and had just asked Sara about hers. If a person was to buy a small printer for a Traveler's Journal type of thing, would you recommend it? I'm starting to ask around. Are they the printers that don't use ink? Maybe I'm confusing the Selphy with some other printer. One of them runs on a cartridge.

Great to see another familiar face here.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-10-2022, 11:30 AM
bcgal00's Avatar
bcgal00 bcgal00 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver area, BC Canada
Posts: 3,125
Default

Hi Cheryl. I believe this is the one my daughter has. She had no complaints about it at all.
https://www.staples.ca/products/2798...-printer-white
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-11-2022, 09:42 AM
just_jo's Avatar
just_jo just_jo is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: The Deep South
Posts: 850
Default

I have a Canon Selphy 1300. It has an ink cartridge and you can print your photos in different sizes. I believe you can also buy photo paper that is a sticker? but I have not done that. Just the 4x6 with the ink cartridges and then the apps to print the photos in a photo booth strip or collage or regular 4x6.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-12-2022, 03:34 PM
Cherylny's Avatar
Cherylny Cherylny is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Hi Cheryl. I believe this is the one my daughter has. She had no complaints about it at all.
https://www.staples.ca/products/2798...-printer-white
Thanks so much, Rae!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-12-2022, 03:36 PM
Cherylny's Avatar
Cherylny Cherylny is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
I have a Canon Selphy 1300. It has an ink cartridge and you can print your photos in different sizes. I believe you can also buy photo paper that is a sticker? but I have not done that. Just the 4x6 with the ink cartridges and then the apps to print the photos in a photo booth strip or collage or regular 4x6.
The sticky back photo paper would be fun!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-17-2022, 09:40 AM
Karen_'s Avatar
Karen_ Karen_ is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
The sticky back photo paper would be fun!
Hey Cheryl! I have the HP Sprocket that I used for a couple of years almost daily in my travelers notebooks. That's the one that prints 2x3 sticky backed photos. It doesn't use ink at all and just uses the little sticky backed papers that you can buy in 10, 20 or 100 packs. I used MANY 100 packs through my little printer. I haven't been doing my daily journal in my TN though for a little over a year.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-17-2022, 09:42 AM
Karen_'s Avatar
Karen_ Karen_ is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
Hi Rae. I just saw your response and had just asked Sara about hers. If a person was to buy a small printer for a Traveler's Journal type of thing, would you recommend it? I'm starting to ask around. Are they the printers that don't use ink? Maybe I'm confusing the Selphy with some other printer. One of them runs on a cartridge.

Great to see another familiar face here.
Also... I used to have a Selphy too and I like that as well. It had regular paper and cartridges. The cartridges and paper came in a pack so the cartridge had exactly enough ink for the number of pieces of paper. I had one of the first ones ever made, so I don't know if they still use the same system, but I liked that thing too. I just liked my Sprocket better because it was smaller and WAY more portable.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-08-2022, 11:31 PM
Tree City's Avatar
Tree City Tree City is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
Hi Sara! Do you really like your Selphy? I'm just starting to use my Traveler's Journals again and would love to just print out a picture now and again (maybe 2 or 3 - haha. I don't know much about the pricing, etc. but looking for some suggestiong.
I don't do TN so I can't speak to that, but I can say I love my Selphy! (And yes there is sticker paper. Never had use for it but I want to find a use lol!)

As Karen mentioned, I know she loves her Sprocket for TN. The Sprocket prints small photos and I didn't want that: I wanted the ability to print 4 by 6, which the Selphy does. (Actually they're just a smidge under 4x6 but that doesn't bother me.)
__________________

Last edited by Tree City; 02-11-2022 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-10-2022, 07:25 PM
sharonbertol's Avatar
sharonbertol sharonbertol is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 198
Default

I love the selphy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative