Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default more party ideas (minute to win it)

This summer our (immediate) family is hosting our (extended) family reunion. We picked the theme of Minute to Win It. I saw all of your awesome ideas for angry birds parties...hoping you have some great inspiration for me for this too!!

We will have all ages there, from toddlers to the 60+ crowd, split into teams for games. What are your favorite MTWI games? And any good ideas for prizes? We dont want to break the bank here....gag-type gifts would be welcome ideas too!

There will be other things going on too - golf, swimming, and a steak/dance night (hosted elsewhere but we are all getting tickets to go).

Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My little brother loves the one where you stick the Oreo cookie on your forehead and you have to get it into your mouth without using your hands. It's the funniest thing to watch him try it.

The Bobblehead game is funny - With a pedometor attached to the forehead, move the head around to record 125 total "steps" in a minute.

If you go to NBC's website you can see the listing of all the games they play on the show.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went to a Minute to Win It party and it was hilarious! I missed some of it but apparently everyone's favorite was called Junk in the Trunk or something, where you have a tissue box strapped to your butt full of ping pong balls and you have to shake them all out, hands-free. They did the Oreo one too.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did this for my oldest when he turned 9. It was a huge hit! If you go to the MTWI website they have a list of all the games and how to play. I just picked some that were age appropriate. For a prize everyone got a medal. We didn't eliminate anyone and there were no winners. It was just the boys having fun playing the games.

We also did this at a family reunion and it was a blast. We were divided into teams and every member had to participate in at least 2 games. There was some strategy involved in picking who played what. LOL! Your team received points according to who finished first. So if B team finished first they got 4 points and the next team got 3, etc. The only prize for winning overall was bragging rights. It was a lot of fun!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i think the one with the tissue box and ping pong balls is hysterical too. watching people shake their hips is too funny!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My kids play Minute To Win It at the Y every other Friday at Friday Fun Night. I'll ask them when they get home what their favorite games are. I know there is one with Oreos but no idea what it is - the little one likes it because she gets to eat an Oreo when they are done. LOL!

What a great theme by the way!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

thanks for the ideas girls - I know I can find the games on the website, but I love hearing what goes over well and is fun and favorites!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We had a Minute to Win It game night last summer on our family vacation to Big Bear. One of the games we did that was really funny, was the person ties a paper plate to their head and then places a flipper on one of their feet. They then must try and flip a tortilla from the flipper to the paper plate on their head without using their hands. The person who does the most in 60 seconds wins. The kids got a big kick seeing the adults dressed so funny. Here are a couple layouts I did with us playing the games.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea what Minute to win it is, but it sounds like so much fun!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We did minute to win it at my old church. We did it as groups instead of individuals - so there were a lot of multi-player type games. I'm having a hard time remembering them all, lol.

There was one with a sheet that had numbered holes (I think they were numbered anyways). And the teams each held a section and then a ball was placed in there and they had to drop the ball through the holes - starting with #1 and go in order. I think there were 5 holes.

A fun one was a bowling type one. A marble going through a tube (I can't remember what the tube was made out of - but it was long enough to reach the ground). And a few feet away were sticks of chalk standing up (we broke the chalk in half - made balancing them easier). They had to knock down all the chalk.

One that was just for the little kiddos was done with cotton balls & vasoline. The kids got vasoline put on their nose and then they had to pick up cotton balls (no hands allowed) and put them into a bowl. Watch the littlest ones though - ours liked using their hands, lol.

I can't really remember the others we did. There was one with shoes, lol - flinging shoes with your feet. I can't remember, lol. BUT! We all had a blast. My team lost horribly, but I had so much fun that I didn't mind The others suggested going online - and I agree, I'm sure you'll find an insane amount of ideas online. There's even a board game out now
Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We did MITWI at our family Christmas party...it was hilarious...We're having a reunion this year so I will be watching this thread...
Old 04-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am loving these ideas!!! The flipper/plate/nacho one is hillarious, and the vaseline/cotton ball one...LOL!

Now I can't wait for July!