Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-31-2022, 12:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default What's on your walls?

What is hanging on the walls at your house?

Are you into art, black and white photos, family photos, word art or something else? Are you fashionable or sentimental in your decor?
I have a lot of word art mingled with family photos on my walls, so I think I am more on the sentimental side.

I recently read that decorating with words "dates" me and is out of favor with the younger generations. (They actually said it was a sure sign you were a Karen! WTH?) I believe it because my DIL has told me more than once that I have too much of it. But I like it, so I keep it and keep any Karen tendencies in check.

Even though I like what I have, I am interested in learning what else is out there is, so again, what hangs on your walls?
Old 08-31-2022, 12:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just changed out the art in our living room- I had a daffodil art piece that I've had forever & loved- but was pretty out of date. I found a fun multicolor canvas on wayfair that both hubby & I liked (and it reminded me of my kayaks in the photos I took of Moraine Lake & had canvases made.) I usually hang photos I've taken or family photos. We also have a "W" wall on our stairway that is W's we've collected over the years. I would love to be a better interior decorator, but I'm just too indecisive on what will look good. lol

Link to pics if you want a closer look: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VASuEciBYvy7XwJN7
Old 08-31-2022, 12:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't have too much but I do have our family photos we had taken 2 years ago on my entry wall. I'd like to do a scrabble gallery wall at some point but not sure where. I'd like to have more of my own art on my walls but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

nothing really.. a few random things. My biggest problem is I never really know how I want my house decorated and spend so much time looking at inspiration and thinking of ideas that by the time I want to buy anything for my walls I've already changed my mind on how I want it to look lol
Old 08-31-2022, 01:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lorie, that's so funny you said that because I watched a YouTube video about ways you're dating yourself, and that was one of the things it listed, along with wearing matching jewelry. But I kind of feel like my face dates me, so why shouldn't I have things in my house and on my body that I like, right?

My husband is really adamant about two things: No pictures of us & anything on our walls has to have meaning. It's SO annoying, but it gives me some wiggle room to be adamant about things that I really care about. ; ) We have two huge pieces of colorful, local artwork, and I love them so much!

Amie, your home is so beautiful!
Old 08-31-2022, 01:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have photos, paintings and some words too.
We are the same age so we can be Karens together.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:39 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Well, some of my walls are really dated... the stuff hanging on them were put there by my mother over 30 years ago. It is a hallway for the 3 bedrooms. There are 2 large frames, each having graduation photos of nieces/nephews. One frame for mom's side and one for dad's side of the family. The opposite wall also has a large frame that has old family photos from Mom's side of the family. Included are her grandparents, her parents as newlyweds, Mom as a flower girl in a wedding in the late 30's. Also on that portion of the wall are photos of both sets of my grandparents and a lost photo that was found by one of dad's brother-in-laws in the 80's. The photo is the kids in the family as of maybe 1936? My uncle had 8x10's made for all the siblings so Mom hung it up since Dad's brother that was killed in 1944 is in it (as is Dad). Then an area of the wall that is between 2 doors has my parents and my graduation pictures. So that is the hallway of family photos.

I do have 3 photos that I took displayed in the living room. Also have a "Dick and Jane" print that Mom had displayed in the family room in the basement for years (basement was gutted so it got brought upstairs). I also have some counted cross stitch pieces that I made years ago hung in other areas. Mainly small wall space. Dad put together a shadow box of all his military medals and Martha gave it to me when he passed away. It has its own spot right above a desk that has a Navy Lone Sailor statue Dad bought over 20 years ago. There's also a photo of Dad on the desk and a layout of the 8 brothers in Dad's family that served in the military. That is my "military corner". His flag from his funeral is close by as well.

I did change some things up in the last couple of years, taking down counted cross stitch pieces and putting up the photos I had enlarged and framed. One CC piece was moved to a different area and I took down something that Mom received when she retired. I still have it but it is in a closet with other things that are no longer on the walls. Available if I want to put them up again.

So I guess you could say I am sentimental in my wall decorating.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
nothing really.. a few random things. My biggest problem is I never really know how I want my house decorated and spend so much time looking at inspiration and thinking of ideas that by the time I want to buy anything for my walls I've already changed my mind on how I want it to look lol
we are soul sisters! I have lived here since 2008.......there is nothing on my living room walls.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My nest aka my office, has stuff on the walls. I have 'words', quotes, but I don't care, it's my space. I also have a 'sticky note' wall beside my computer. They are quotes I liked that I wrote on sticky notes and just put them beside my computer.

My bedroom I took some quotes I really liked, put them on paper and framed them, the other walls are empty.

Like Lorie, I like the words/quotes.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a mixture of art, photos, words
I have been trying to put together a gallery wall of travel photos but we have so many it is hard to choose which photos
Old 08-31-2022, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My dad, rip, oil painted on canvas so I have some of his paintings hanging on my walls as well as a an oil painting that I did (I really sucked at it) and one that my eldest son did. I've also framed a few embroideries that I did when I was into that and we have a few other odd bought paintings around the house. I also have a macrame hanging in my bathroom that I really like, oh and my granddaughter gifted me one of her drawings which is framed and hanging in my office. There are also a couple of Polish art pieces throughout the house on my walls. I guess you could say I have a mish mash of stuff on my walls!

Old 08-31-2022, 08:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have a mixture of art and photos but mostly photos. I only have one thing with words and it was because my mom and I hung a grouping of photos too low on my super high ceilings so I needed to find something long and narrow to hang above it and make it not look wrong. lol It says "seaside" above photos of my son's first time at the ocean.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we finally have our walls full, lol.

I found a gorgeous abstract artist on Instagram two years ago who lives in Melbourne and her artwork just struck with me, I finally managed to get a piece big enough to fill the whole wall in our lounge, it's 2m x 1m long and in the colours of our lounge.

Many of our walls are painted different colours so I have to be careful with what I put up, lol.

In 2018 we found an artist in Israel that we fell in love with, we bought one of her creations and it hangs over our dining room. A 3d paper toile of Jerusalem. When we were back in Israel in April this year we went up to her studio in Tsfat and..ummm... bought a few more pieces. We now have a stunner of a piece in our front entrance that we adore. Hubs even changed the lights in our entrance to show it off better. We also have a small one of hers outside our bedroom and another piece, which is actually a prayer for children, work, a good life etc in our kitchen/family room.

We have a wall of photos and I am busy filling more frames with photos from our trip earlier this year that need to be put up. We also have three family canvases.. one each of our kids from many years ago in our lounge and the family one in our entrance. they could do with updating

and a few more all over the house, in fact, we have some artwork we bought on our trip that are sitting quietly waiting to be framed.. except we have no where to put them atm, LOL!!
Old 08-31-2022, 09:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have so much trouble committing to things to buy and hang! We end up with mostly family photos because it feels safe and easy--I can buy frames that aren't too expensive and can change out the prints whenever I want. Plus, I feel like you can never go wrong with pictures of your people. I've settled for trying to be a little creative in how I display them--6 traditional frames in the living room, floating frames in the bedroom, metal magnet board collages in the family room, etc. We have our children's birth announcements in shadowbox frames with their handprints in clay in the family room, but I think that falls in the photo category.

Buying actual art or decor intimidates me--I have to decide what would look good, find it at a reasonable price, try to think through if we'll still love it in a few years, and decide if it is current/meaningful/artistic/whatever enough. Somewhere in that list of decisions I give up and do nothing! About 4 or 5 years ago we decided we wanted to buy a long black and white landscape photo for the red dining room. There is still nothing hanging in that room...I can repeat that story for the kitchen and 2 other rooms! Other than photos, we have canvases in 2 bathrooms and a colorful world map in the living room. My kids picked things for their rooms, and I have a few scrapped decor items hanging in our bedroom. That's about it.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:41 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Main living areas - nothing. I find it peaceful and harmonious to have plain walls.

Craft room - some African masks. They keep me company. Hee, hee.

Eventually I get around to hanging mirrors in the living areas - I like how they bounce light around a room, and make the space look larger.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:10 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I have lots of cat art on my walls.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Almost everything on our walls are photos of us or family. In the hallway I have photos of all my nieces and nephews, the boys' baby photos, my parents and a few other odds and ends. The living rooms is the boys, a series of family photos we had done for my parents' 50th anniversary 5 years ago and some caricatures of the boys my friend has done over the years. In the winter I hang up some 'paint your own canvas' art we each did a few years ago that are winter/Christmas related.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:33 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So funny that this was brought up because yesterday I discovered this artist and wow I love love love her stuff. It's so joyful and colourful
https://www.carlygordon.ca/shop

https://www.carlygordon.ca/shop/drea...andscape-print i especially love this one!!!
Old 09-01-2022, 01:21 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have a few family photos and then the rest are paintings that I've made over the years. When I make a new one, I have to take one down to make room for a new one. Lol.

And I'm an actual Karen, but I have no "words" on my walls, so what do "they" know. Bwahahaha!
Old 09-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_ View Post
I have a few family photos and then the rest are paintings that I've made over the years. When I make a new one, I have to take one down to make room for a new one. Lol.

And I'm an actual Karen, but I have no "words" on my walls, so what do "they" know. Bwahahaha!
LOL! My mother's name was Karen and it was after she passed away that I first heard someone referred to as a Karen. I was with my sister at the time and when the reference was explained to us, we laughed until our sides hurt. My mom was a "Karen" from tip to toe. She'd had a horrible childhood, had pulled herself up out of it and expected to be treated well by everyone. She moved in with me after my father passed and from that day until her own passing, she never lifted a finger to do housework or cook. I even served her dinner to her on a tray if she wanted to watch TV. Most people have an idea of "Karen's" but my sister and I had the original one. She was very demanding and drove me crazy, but I loved her, or else I wouldn't have put up with her. It is bad that I still giggle when I think of it. I think she would have found it hysterical, but then she knew she was demanding and fully embraced it.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
So funny that this was brought up because yesterday I discovered this artist and wow I love love love her stuff. It's so joyful and colourful
https://www.carlygordon.ca/shop

https://www.carlygordon.ca/shop/drea...andscape-print i especially love this one!!!
Your favorite is my favorite too.

I used to collect Charles Peterson prints and had them all over my house, but over time, I got bored with the same thing and wanted to change them out. I've kept them all, and a few from Paula Vaughn, because the value has increased over time, but they live in the closet right now. The thing with art value is that any piece is only really worth what someone is willing to pay for it at any given moment. lol I think I really keep them because I still love them.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Almost everything on our walls are photos of us or family. In the hallway I have photos of all my nieces and nephews, the boys' baby photos, my parents and a few other odds and ends. The living rooms is the boys, a series of family photos we had done for my parents' 50th anniversary 5 years ago and some caricatures of the boys my friend has done over the years. In the winter I hang up some 'paint your own canvas' art we each did a few years ago that are winter/Christmas related.
That all sounds nice. I love a family home with history on the walls.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbyj View Post
I have lots of cat art on my walls.
Cats are cool. My DIL had photos of her dogs taken, cropped and mounted by a local photographer for her wall and they turned out really cute and rather artistic. I will come back and share if I remember to.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by armygrl View Post
Main living areas - nothing. I find it peaceful and harmonious to have plain walls.

Craft room - some African masks. They keep me company. Hee, hee.

Eventually I get around to hanging mirrors in the living areas - I like how they bounce light around a room, and make the space look larger.
I do like to hang mirrors for that very reason.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I have so much trouble committing to things to buy and hang! We end up with mostly family photos because it feels safe and easy--I can buy frames that aren't too expensive and can change out the prints whenever I want. Plus, I feel like you can never go wrong with pictures of your people. I've settled for trying to be a little creative in how I display them--6 traditional frames in the living room, floating frames in the bedroom, metal magnet board collages in the family room, etc. We have our children's birth announcements in shadowbox frames with their handprints in clay in the family room, but I think that falls in the photo category.

Buying actual art or decor intimidates me--I have to decide what would look good, find it at a reasonable price, try to think through if we'll still love it in a few years, and decide if it is current/meaningful/artistic/whatever enough. Somewhere in that list of decisions I give up and do nothing! About 4 or 5 years ago we decided we wanted to buy a long black and white landscape photo for the red dining room. There is still nothing hanging in that room...I can repeat that story for the kitchen and 2 other rooms! Other than photos, we have canvases in 2 bathrooms and a colorful world map in the living room. My kids picked things for their rooms, and I have a few scrapped decor items hanging in our bedroom. That's about it.
I don't think you can go wrong with family photos on the walls and like that you are creative with it.

I think I am an impulse buyer when it comes to decor. I have been known to buy something I like, never hang it up and eventually give it away. I like to change things up too much to invest a whole lot of money though, so these days I try to be less impulsive. LOL
Old 09-01-2022, 02:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
we finally have our walls full, lol.

I found a gorgeous abstract artist on Instagram two years ago who lives in Melbourne and her artwork just struck with me, I finally managed to get a piece big enough to fill the whole wall in our lounge, it's 2m x 1m long and in the colours of our lounge.

Many of our walls are painted different colours so I have to be careful with what I put up, lol.

In 2018 we found an artist in Israel that we fell in love with, we bought one of her creations and it hangs over our dining room. A 3d paper toile of Jerusalem. When we were back in Israel in April this year we went up to her studio in Tsfat and..ummm... bought a few more pieces. We now have a stunner of a piece in our front entrance that we adore. Hubs even changed the lights in our entrance to show it off better. We also have a small one of hers outside our bedroom and another piece, which is actually a prayer for children, work, a good life etc in our kitchen/family room.

We have a wall of photos and I am busy filling more frames with photos from our trip earlier this year that need to be put up. We also have three family canvases.. one each of our kids from many years ago in our lounge and the family one in our entrance. they could do with updating

and a few more all over the house, in fact, we have some artwork we bought on our trip that are sitting quietly waiting to be framed.. except we have no where to put them atm, LOL!!
I would not mind seeing some of the things on your walls. (hint, hint)
Old 09-01-2022, 02:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I have a mixture of art and photos but mostly photos. I only have one thing with words and it was because my mom and I hung a grouping of photos too low on my super high ceilings so I needed to find something long and narrow to hang above it and make it not look wrong. lol It says "seaside" above photos of my son's first time at the ocean.
Creativity meet practicality. LOL You're a wonderful photographer, so it makes sense that you use mostly photos.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
My dad, rip, oil painted on canvas so I have some of his paintings hanging on my walls as well as a an oil painting that I did (I really sucked at it) and one that my eldest son did. I've also framed a few embroideries that I did when I was into that and we have a few other odd bought paintings around the house. I also have a macrame hanging in my bathroom that I really like, oh and my granddaughter gifted me one of her drawings which is framed and hanging in my office. There are also a couple of Polish art pieces throughout the house on my walls. I guess you could say I have a mish mash of stuff on my walls!
It sounds eclectic, what can be very pleasing to the eye as well as fun. I have trouble being that free about things. I have to admit, even though it dates me, that I like things to coordinate. Having your father's painting is such a gift. I am sure you must treasure them.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
We have a mixture of art, photos, words
I have been trying to put together a gallery wall of travel photos but we have so many it is hard to choose which photos
Maybe just start, put some up and let them percolate for a while? You can change them up later if you want, right?
Old 09-01-2022, 02:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
My nest aka my office, has stuff on the walls. I have 'words', quotes, but I don't care, it's my space. I also have a 'sticky note' wall beside my computer. They are quotes I liked that I wrote on sticky notes and just put them beside my computer.

My bedroom I took some quotes I really liked, put them on paper and framed them, the other walls are empty.

Like Lorie, I like the words/quotes.
You're my kind of people.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Well, some of my walls are really dated... the stuff hanging on them were put there by my mother over 30 years ago. It is a hallway for the 3 bedrooms. There are 2 large frames, each having graduation photos of nieces/nephews. One frame for mom's side and one for dad's side of the family. The opposite wall also has a large frame that has old family photos from Mom's side of the family. Included are her grandparents, her parents as newlyweds, Mom as a flower girl in a wedding in the late 30's. Also on that portion of the wall are photos of both sets of my grandparents and a lost photo that was found by one of dad's brother-in-laws in the 80's. The photo is the kids in the family as of maybe 1936? My uncle had 8x10's made for all the siblings so Mom hung it up since Dad's brother that was killed in 1944 is in it (as is Dad). Then an area of the wall that is between 2 doors has my parents and my graduation pictures. So that is the hallway of family photos.

I do have 3 photos that I took displayed in the living room. Also have a "Dick and Jane" print that Mom had displayed in the family room in the basement for years (basement was gutted so it got brought upstairs). I also have some counted cross stitch pieces that I made years ago hung in other areas. Mainly small wall space. Dad put together a shadow box of all his military medals and Martha gave it to me when he passed away. It has its own spot right above a desk that has a Navy Lone Sailor statue Dad bought over 20 years ago. There's also a photo of Dad on the desk and a layout of the 8 brothers in Dad's family that served in the military. That is my "military corner". His flag from his funeral is close by as well.

I did change some things up in the last couple of years, taking down counted cross stitch pieces and putting up the photos I had enlarged and framed. One CC piece was moved to a different area and I took down something that Mom received when she retired. I still have it but it is in a closet with other things that are no longer on the walls. Available if I want to put them up again.

So I guess you could say I am sentimental in my wall decorating.
That family wall sounds amazing, so much history right there to look at and cherish. I am also a fan of the military corner. Sentimental is right up my ally.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
I have photos, paintings and some words too.
We are the same age so we can be Karens together.
Love it. SSD Karen's Club! We do what we want with our walls and if you don't like it, we will tell you about it. LOL
Old 09-01-2022, 02:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Lorie, that's so funny you said that because I watched a YouTube video about ways you're dating yourself, and that was one of the things it listed, along with wearing matching jewelry. But I kind of feel like my face dates me, so why shouldn't I have things in my house and on my body that I like, right?

My husband is really adamant about two things: No pictures of us & anything on our walls has to have meaning. It's SO annoying, but it gives me some wiggle room to be adamant about things that I really care about. ; ) We have two huge pieces of colorful, local artwork, and I love them so much!

Amie, your home is so beautiful!
LOL, I would love to know why your husband is so adamant about those two things.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This is so me, but I buy it anyway, never hang it up and give it away. Total impulse shopper!
Old 09-01-2022, 02:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn7 View Post
I don't have too much but I do have our family photos we had taken 2 years ago on my entry wall. I'd like to do a scrabble gallery wall at some point but not sure where. I'd like to have more of my own art on my walls but haven't gotten around to it yet.
I love the scrabble walls, but then it is words, so that goes to reason. Do you want to share some examples of your own art. I would love to see it.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I just changed out the art in our living room- I had a daffodil art piece that I've had forever & loved- but was pretty out of date. I found a fun multicolor canvas on wayfair that both hubby & I liked (and it reminded me of my kayaks in the photos I took of Moraine Lake & had canvases made.) I usually hang photos I've taken or family photos. We also have a "W" wall on our stairway that is W's we've collected over the years. I would love to be a better interior decorator, but I'm just too indecisive on what will look good. lol

Link to pics if you want a closer look: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VASuEciBYvy7XwJN7
I can't see the pics right now, at work, so I will have to come back to look. I remember liking your "W" wall so much that I started buying "S" for my wall. I have about 6 or 7 now, that are sitting in a closet. I will get to it someday, I hope because that is cool.

I am pretty indecisive too, so I just buy it all, gather it up and have my son and DIL come help me hang it. My DIL is really good at arranging things.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

First let me say that in 1997 when hubby and I bought our first house, he said, "You may not hang anything and put holes in the walls...." I laughed and a month later hosted my first Home Interiors party...lol

We have all kinds of things on the walls....The wall up the steps and upstairs hallway are all family and kid photos.
One wall in the living room is our "Travel" wall... some cute wall art with words, a giant circle canvas globe and photos of us in some of the places we have traveled to.
My other wall in the living room is like a family gallery wall. It has a big clock, my fave Christmas pic of my kiddos when they were little, a wedding photo of us, and some other wall art... some with words.
In the kitchen I have art from Jane Wooster Scott ( one of my fave artists) and yup some more word things from Hobby Lobby.....

I think like, this is my home and I should love it and be comfortable here. I don't care what anyone else thinks.

I can post pics later if you want to see.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-01-2022, 10:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
First let me say that in 1997 when hubby and I bought our first house, he said, "You may not hang anything and put holes in the walls...." I laughed and a month later hosted my first Home Interiors party...lol

We have all kinds of things on the walls....The wall up the steps and upstairs hallway are all family and kid photos.
One wall in the living room is our "Travel" wall... some cute wall art with words, a giant circle canvas globe and photos of us in some of the places we have traveled to.
My other wall in the living room is like a family gallery wall. It has a big clock, my fave Christmas pic of my kiddos when they were little, a wedding photo of us, and some other wall art... some with words.
In the kitchen I have art from Jane Wooster Scott ( one of my fave artists) and yup some more word things from Hobby Lobby.....

I think like, this is my home and I should love it and be comfortable here. I don't care what anyone else thinks.

I can post pics later if you want to see.
Of course I want to see, so post. LOL
Old 09-02-2022, 08:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is the living room. Sometimes the couch is on this wall instead of the tv.

Sometimes the tv is on this wall in the corner.

This is the downstairs hallway. I do need to update some of these with our most recent Disney trips.

And the step wall.

Kitchen art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-03-2022, 09:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
This is the living room. Sometimes the couch is on this wall instead of the tv.

Sometimes the tv is on this wall in the corner.

This is the downstairs hallway. I do need to update some of these with our most recent Disney trips.

And the step wall.

Kitchen art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love it! This is my kind of decorating.

Almost didn't add these because I noticed how crooked things are, but then thought, what the heck. lol

This is the family room in the basement, hence the family and home theme. I think I tend towards words more than photos, but in my defense, there are not a lot of family photos from back in the day.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 09-03-2022 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-04-2022, 04:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have a little of this a little of that.

In the livingroom we a big wooden piece of art and a small collage frame of family photos on the wall. We don't have a ton of wall space.

I have a gallery wall set up in the kitchen hall, there are words on the walls, LOL!

In the office/game room I have 4 photos on the wall. Most of the pictures in the house are on the big entertainment center we have in the livingroom.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
We have a little of this a little of that.

In the livingroom we a big wooden piece of art and a small collage frame of family photos on the wall. We don't have a ton of wall space.

I have a gallery wall set up in the kitchen hall, there are words on the walls, LOL!

In the office/game room I have 4 photos on the wall. Most of the pictures in the house are on the big entertainment center we have in the livingroom.
I think a little of this and a little of that is what makes is homey. I have things on the walls, but virtually nothing on the stands in my house because I don't want to have to dust anything. Usually a table has a lamp and a coaster and nothing on the entertainment center except a dish that I drop my keys into. LOL
Old 09-05-2022, 08:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Love it! This is my kind of decorating.

Almost didn't add these because I noticed how crooked things are, but then thought, what the heck. lol

This is the family room in the basement, hence the family and home theme. I think I tend towards words more than photos, but in my defense, there are not a lot of family photos from back in the day.

LOVE your collections and wall art!!!!

Old 09-06-2022, 08:23 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have pictures...pictures and more pictures.

I've also hung 12X12 scrapbook page holders on dowels to hang my scrapbook pages like a gallery wall.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:13 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureMom View Post
I have pictures...pictures and more pictures.

I've also hung 12X12 scrapbook page holders on dowels to hang my scrapbook pages like a gallery wall.

The gallery wall of pages is a great idea. I would love that in my office.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have not done as much decorating as I would have otherwise done after meeting my BF last year and knowing his eventual moving in would mean changing the purpose of some of the rooms. I do have foil butterflies, family photos, hexagon corkboard pieces, a drawing of a lion (what my name means), a huge multi-butterfly fabric wall hanging, and a big mirror in the office. The kids have tons of stuff on their walls -- pride flag, abstract paintings, wordy things, calendars, a giant painted world map with animals, etc.

I want a very large graphic-style rose print wallpaper on one of the long sides of the kitchen-living room-dining room + paint the bottom kitchen cabinets apple green (which will become "just" the kitchen and dining room) so that's next on the list and then I can decide what I want to hang on the walls in that space.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My main wall in the Living Room is my favorite! It has a Large "L" in the center, then mostly family photos around it and spreading out. There is "home" wall hanging, but the rest are family photos. I have 2 multi photo frames that I switch out. 1 is for Disney Trips and the other is for random photos throughout the year. It's time to update both of these (the Disney ones are from 2019, and the random year ones are from 2020).

Other walls have more "groupings" or "clusters". Think of our scrapbook pages, group some stuff together, mixing colors, photos, artwork that go together, and place them on the wall in a section.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ours is still a work in progress, but this is what we have currently:

Living room - plan is to add family photos on the wall opposite the window. Have the frames, haven't printed photos yet (we've been here a year...)

Dining room - which is attached to Living Room. We went with a blue theme. The Mountains artwork is from a local artist, and a local company built the buffet. The pics of the girls on the wall need to be updated too, hubby put that up on the day we moved in on a nail that the old owner left - I don't like the placement but haven't been bothered enough to move it lol

ETA - this is an old pic. I now have my grandma's old cookbooks on the bottom shelf of the buffet, to go with my grandma's rolling pin there, and the candy tin my other grandma got on her 21st birthday in 1944.

Last edited by tjscraps; 09-14-2022 at 10:42 PM.