Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-28-2019, 01:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 06/28

Let's all get to know each other a little better...here's some fun questions.
  1. Do you drive? What vehicle do you have?
  2. What household chore do you dislike the most?
  3. What's your favorite summer food/recipe?
  4. Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie?
  5. Are you handy around the house with repairs?
Old 06-28-2019, 01:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have?
Yes. I don't enjoy driving but I do it every day & have quite the commute since we live on the north side of town, I work on the south side of town, & the kids go to a school outside of town. I have a 2007 Aveo that has seen much better days. I'm saving up for a 2017 special-edition PINK VW Bug convertible.

What household chore do you dislike the most?
I hate folding clothes. I dislike doing the dishes but I don't hate it; I just think it's unfair that I have to cook the meal & clean up after it, too.

What's your favorite summer food/recipe?
I like cheeseburgers on the grill. We don't have them often, though. I also have this awesome "weird" potato salad recipe with ZERO eggs & ZERO mustard in it & a whole bunch of dressings -- Caesar, Ranch, mayo, etc.

Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie?
I haven't. It's been on our summer bucket list the past 2-3 years. There is one about an hour south of here so I've been a little hesitant to take my little until he was bigger and able to stand watching back-to-back movies coupled with a 2 hour drive.

Are you handy around the house with repairs?
I am not handy with anything. Why do you think I digitally scrap instead of paper scrap?
Old 06-28-2019, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. My car is almost 9 yrs old. I love my little red Chevy Optra and keep resist trading it in or selling it for a new car but I know the time will come in the next yr or two. Things are breaking down on it and its starting to get too expensive to bother fixing. My hubs wants me to get rid of it and go back to a bigger vehicle (previously had SUVs).

2. It's a toss-up between vacuuming or cleaning the bathroom. Hubs always does the vacuuming but won't do the bathrooms so I get the joy of cleaning our 3...ugh. He does other chores so I don't complain, well, maybe I do complain but only a little LOL.

3. BBQ hotdogs and burgers and I cook them all yr long. I also like potato salad but since I don't often eat white potatoes anymore I am going to try out a cauliflower/sweet potato salad recipe. I sure hope its good.

4. As a kid and young adult, back in Ontario, we had lots of drive-in theatres and went often throughout the summer months but out here in BC we have one that is old, the sound is terrible and the weather is so unpredictable that after being rained out a few times I finally gave up. I haven't been in at least 5 yrs now.

5. I am not really handy at repairs, I leave that to my hubs who is pretty good at most repairs. I just let him do his thing and he takes care of whatever needs taking care of. He has been able to repair our dishwasher, washing machine and dryer a few times over the last couple of yrs, so he is good at saving us money.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

1. I do. Since Brian came home, I needed to start driving, so, yes, I do. Just here, in neighborhood because too much trafic stressed me out. haha And I have an old C3. It is cute, small and perfect for what I need.

2. These days: cooking. I love to eat (duh), but I am tired of the same meals and Brian doesn't eat everything so I can't change too much and I am tired of the "what are we going to eat?", kwim? I am couting the days to go to my Mom and eat her food. haha

3. Well, remember I am in another place, so not the same food, but I LOOOOVE to eat fruits on Summer. And popsicle. If I could, I would spend Summer eating only these. hah

4. No, never. It is not a thing here.

5. Nops. And Di, the husband, is also not handy, so, yeah, we are those couples who pay people to do everything. :/

oh! this was fun to play. will try to come here every Fri to answer questions.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

I am not handy with anything. Why do you think I digitally scrap instead of paper scrap?

Old 06-28-2019, 02:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? We have a Mazda CX-9. I
What household chore do you dislike the most? Dishes. Cleaning out the fridge. I basically am not a fan of anything that has to do with touching any food that may have been eaten or expired lol

What's your favorite summer food/recipe? Anything lily feels like cooking us haha

Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? I think once when I was really little!

Are you handy around the house with repairs? Not really. Darcy likes to but then sometimes it creates more of a mess. I always say some people are trained for a reason.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I have a GMC Acadia (read: big ole gas guzzling suv) and hubby drives our electric car- tesla Model 3. Usually whomever is driving the most/farthest takes the tesla. SOON (as in fall of 2020) I'm getting the next to be released crossover SUV from tesla- the model Y. I CAN'T wait to be gas free!!

2. What household chore do you dislike the most?
BATHROOMS! Specifically showers/tubs. I try to enlist my tiny terrorists to help with that chore! My son is in charge of cleaning all toilets, since he's the usual offender on why they are NOT clean!

3. What's your favorite summer food/recipe?
Cold beer on a hot day! Oh wait, you said food... Fresh berries! We can eat a flat of raspberries in a day I swear!

4. Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie?
Nope. I have seen one that's local- although still a bit of a drive north but we haven't gone. I think it'd be fun to take the kids too... maybe add that to our summer bucket list!

5. Are you handy around the house with repairs?
Yes! Usually I hate waiting for hubby to get around to doing something so I just do it myself. Drives him crazy!
Old 06-28-2019, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Honda Pilot. It's the only "big" car since my husband has a Mini Cooper, so we use it for long trips, to haul stuff and whenever more than a couple of us go somewhere. I love it!

Bathrooms, hands down. Especially tubs/showers. They really need to be cleaned too. Sigh

I love summer fruit. Miss it all winter!

Yup, but not in a number of years.

No. But hubby is! He can build and fix most anything, though appliances and cars are not his thing. But anything household he is great at!
Old 06-28-2019, 03:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Yes! I have a GMC Acadia (read: big ole gas guzzling suv) and hubby drives our electric car- tesla Model 3. Usually whomever is driving the most/farthest takes the tesla. SOON (as in fall of 2020) I'm getting the next to be released crossover SUV from tesla- the model Y. I CAN'T wait to be gas free!!
My husband just ordered a Tesla Model 3. My son has wanted one for years and when he came home this summer they went for a test drive. My husband was sold immediately and now he's getting one. My son, sadly, will have to wait a while longer.
How do you like your Tesla? Sounds like you love it?!
Old 06-28-2019, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
My husband just ordered a Tesla Model 3. My son has wanted one for years and when he came home this summer they went for a test drive. My husband was sold immediately and now he's getting one. My son, sadly, will have to wait a while longer.
How do you like your Tesla? Sounds like you love it?!
YES! Love is an understatement! It's been a little bit of a learning curve but so worth it! The over the air updates are so amazing- like having a new car every month or so! Traveling has been super fun (we did a huge week long, 1500 mile road trip through canada & montana last summer!) and the very little maintenance (no engine = no oil to change, a bazillion less moving parts!) has been not only cost saving, but time too! All we've had to do was rotate tires & refill the window washing fluid! Our utility bill went up MAYBE $20 a month, so the gas savings is ridiculous! If you have any questions- just shoot me a message!
Old 06-28-2019, 06:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? Yes. I have a Ford Explorer.
What household chore do you dislike the most? Cleaning bathrooms
What's your favorite summer food/recipe? I've been making sun tea every week. Loved iced tea so much!
Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? Yes but it's been a VERY long time. When I was little my family went to the drive-in movies all the time. I was one of six children and going to the theater was too expensive and at the drive-in we just paid per car. We'd even take dinner and our own popcorn that was popped on the stove. All of our drive-in theaters have closed down.
Are you handy around the house with repairs? Funny you should ask. I happened to fix a toilet today that wouldn't flush. The chain fell off the little thingy that pops up and I had to use a zip tie to get it back on there. I was pretty proud of myself. We were tired of asking Matt to fix it and I decided to take matters into my own hands. Go me!

Old 06-28-2019, 06:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? I drive a Lexus RX330 (small SUV) - I need something bigger to accommodate more passengers. I hate (HATE) car shopping!
  2. What household chore do you dislike the most? I dislike them all We have cleaners that come bi-weekly.
  3. What's your favorite summer food/recipe? I don't have one!
  4. Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? Yes, but it's been 20+ years.
  5. Are you handy around the house with repairs? I am! Though in all honestly, I've found that there is definitely a threshold where it's more cost effective to hire a professional.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:37 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? No, I don't. I need to learn more Chinese, before I can confidently drive around here. We have a ford focus, but thinking of selling it and buying a bigger car soon.
What household chore do you dislike the most? Washing dishes - because it makes the eczema on my hands worse. Thankfully, Lan does most of it, when we have meals together. Cleaning the bathroom comes second. I am so lucky that we only have one bathroom and it's tiny with no tub!
What's your favorite summer food/recipe? Fruit and lots of fruit!
Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? Nope.
Are you handy around the house with repairs? Yes. I try to do repairs as much as I could, since it takes a longggg time to get Lan to do it for me.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? Yes I drive and in fact back in early March I got a new 2019 Chevrolet Equinox - I traded down from a Traverse to a smaller SUV. We wanted to stay with an SUV since we live in country and be prepared for snow

What household chore do you dislike the most? Cleaning the tub/shower unit. Actually it would probably be anything to do with cleaning but someone has to do it

What's your favorite summer food/recipe? I love grilled hamburger and also homemade potato salad but I really don't know how to make the potato salad plus I am the only one that would eat it. I also make a mean taco salad but I will fix that anytime of the year when I know my family is coming over

Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? I was raised in the 70's so drive-in movies was all the rage around here. I had my first date at a drive-in and got engaged to at the drive-in. All of the drive-ins around us has closed except for one about an hour away and honestly I am not driving that far to watch a movie when I can sit at home in my air conditioning and "pause" a move to go to the bathroom

Are you handy around the house with repairs? Absolutely not but I live with my own personal contractor (not in real life) -- he built our home and basically has fixed/installed everything in our home. He also can do automobile repairs/oil changes except with the new vehicles we can't do home oil changes or it voids the warranty
Old 06-29-2019, 09:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I drive... our public transportation is scary-and it's only buses, so need to drive to get anywhere. I drive a 2006 Lexus 330 - she is my 1st baby, named Lucy ... she had me a "you get two pieces of luggage if you buy this car." I will cry when I have to replace her some day... she was my first car that was bought brand new, and I picked out.

every.single.one but I'm too cheap and embarrassed to hire someone to clean

I don't really have any.

No - and we have one that is only about 15 minutes from our house... but I don't like to be outside, and sitting in a car watching a movie has no appeal to me.

My motto is when in need, call Dave! (both my husband and step dad's names are Dave. haha) I can do something, but don't care too... my husband loathes home improvement... but if it's simple enough, he will watch youtube videos or check forums and try himself... if it's out of his wheelhouse or he knows that it will take him longer to get it done because of being at work all day, he will hire it done.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? yes, we have a 2012 Honda city and a 2017 Honda civic.

What household chore do you dislike the most? folding the laundry.

What's your favorite summer food/recipe? I don't really have anything in particular, I think most of the foodI eat can be cooked anytime.

Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? yes, it was fun but sitting in the car for a two movies is not really ideal for my back, if I will sit outside (beach chair), it's eaither warm or too many bugs. But I will still do it for the enjoyment of my kid.

Are you handy around the house with repairs? yes, there are 4 females in my family and 2 males, my father was always away for work and I enjoy it when he teaches my mother how to fix the toilet or the light. So I also made sure to learn from him. SO wehn I was young I made myself a stool and I was pretty much proud of it. So now that I have my own family, as long as I can do it, I will help in the house.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? Yes, I drive. We have a Kia minivan, which is my most favorite vehicle ever, a Ford F150, and a little Nissan commuter car that my husband leases to drive to work and work-related events (Because it's hard to fit that giant truck in city parking decks, lol!)
What household chore do you dislike the most? Well, I'm a giant weirdo and I like to clean. But I HATE putting the groceries away after grocery shopping! I feel like the driving and choosing and paying and carrying and shlepping all over the universe should be enough, right? But then I have to PUT THEM AWAY. I'm thankful I have groceries to put away, but I wish they would just magically appear in the fridge and pantry
What's your favorite summer food/recipe? Smoked brisket, baked beans, spinach rice salad, homemade ice cream, potato salad, yum
Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? Yes. There are a few around, but we don't go very much. The movies don't even start until 9PM, and I go to bed too early to even want to start a movie then!
Are you handy around the house with repairs With small projects, sure. But my husband is game to tackle anything that comes his way, and my FIL, who lives with us part of the time, is super-handy and LOVES to do projects

Old 06-30-2019, 10:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? Yes. What vehicle do you have? '09 Ford Focus
What household chore do you dislike the most? cleaning the bathroom
What's your favorite summer food/recipe? Any and all BBQ
Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? We go see something at the drive in every summer
Are you handy around the house with repairs? I can fix things, but I don't.... I have so many other things that I do around the house, that I hand off the handy projects to hubby and he uses them as a teaching moment with the boys.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? I was a late bloomer and didn't get my license until after I got married (at 24). I drive a 2010 Ford Explorer. We also have an old 1993 farm truck, a 1994 Buick Century and a 2003 Grand Am that I drive, but the Ford is my daily driver.

What household chore do you dislike the most? All of them? In all seriousness the chore I hate the most is cooking. I abhor everything to do with cooking from the meal planning and grocery shopping to putting away the leftovers and cleaning up. I really wish we could survive without food because I find it a complete waste of my time to cook or do dishes.

What's your favorite summer food/recipe? Ah, see, again, I hate cooking and I don't even like eating much (which you wouldn't know since I'm fat). In the summer I like when my husband grills since I don't have to do it. No real favorite food or recipe. I tend to completely ignore food in the summer. Its too hot to eat.

Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? Absolutely. I was still in diapers the first time I remember being at a drive-in. As a kid we used to go to one that had 6 screens I have tons of drive-in stories from that place! Anyway, went a few weekends ago and saw Toy Story 4 and Aladdin. This particular theater we have gone to every year since my daughter was a week old. She turned 17 last Monday.

Are you handy around the house with repairs? Yes and no. Kinda have to be when you live in a farm because there is always something to be fixed and its cheaper to do it yourself!

Last edited by Sherri Tierney; 06-30-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
No - and we have one that is only about 15 minutes from our house... but I don't like to be outside, and sitting in a car watching a movie has no appeal to me.
I've never actually sat in a car watching a movie at the drive-in EXCEPT the one time we watched Ghost Busters with 4 adults and 4 kids piled into the cab of my uncle's pickup while it POURED down rain. No idea why we stayed for that movie but we watched every minute of it while the adults each had a kid on their laps. Anyway, we always take a sleeping bag that we spread out on a tarp and then pile full of pillows and blankets. I usually end up in a camp chair sitting beside the sleeping bag, but my husband and the kids lay down to watch the movie.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Yes. There are a few around, but we don't go very much. The movies don't even start until 9PM, and I go to bed too early to even want to start a movie then!
I've always been a night owl so the movies starting late never bothered me. I've noticed I'm getting older though because the drive home after the movie is exhausting! We live a little over an hour away from the nearest drive-in theater and I can make it through both movies but that darn drive home... The one we go to is popular with crowds going every weekend. People start lining up as early as 5pm when the gates don't open till 7:30 and the movie doesn't start until 9:00, so that might be why it seems like such a long evening.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
Absolutely not but I live with my own personal contractor (not in real life) -- he built our home and basically has fixed/installed everything in our home. He also can do automobile repairs/oil changes except with the new vehicles we can't do home oil changes or it voids the warranty
My husband is handy like this. His dad was a general contractor before he retired and my husband grew up working with him every summer. He does our wiring, plumbing, you name it. He can build or fix just about anything. We were quoted several hundred dollars to fix the tie rod ends on my van. He fixed them for $40. I swear, his abilities have saved our butts so many times. The first summer we lived here we were so broke (carrying two mortgages and I don't work during the summer, and we had just put a new roof on) and the AC went out. He found the issue and fixed it himself and it didn't cost a dime!
Old 07-01-2019, 12:47 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don;t have a drive-license for car. But i do have one for a scooter... Hubby don;t have one eather. we do everything by bycicle, bus or train...

Faulding laundry, it is always so many with 5 people or sometimes six when i need to do my FIL's clothes as well.

I don;t really have any, i love a lot of different kind of foods

nope we don;t have any drive in cinemas in my neighbourhood

Sometimes it really depends on what needs to be repaired. Sometimes hubby and i do it together in such cases i have more patience and hubby not so he is shouting a lot when something won;t work. and i need to explain how we can do it better.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? I drove today for the 3rd time in 10 months! In Turkmenistan, I have a driver, which is nice. I drive a Honda Odyssey here in the states (LOVE it!)
What household chore do you dislike the most? Maybe laundry.
What's your favorite summer food/recipe? watermelon. Or maybe "pretzel salad" https://addapinch.com/strawberry-pretzel-salad-recipe/
Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? Yes! We used to go a few times every summer & last year, I took my kids for the first time!
Are you handy around the house with repairs? I'm alright when my husband is away...but when he's in town, my default is to delegate
Old 07-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? What vehicle do you have? 2013 Toyota RAV4. I plan to buy a new one next year though.
What household chore do you dislike the most? hand washing dishes
What's your favorite summer food/recipe? pasta salads, fruit, sandwiches, cold stuff.
Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? No, I wish I could!
Are you handy around the house with repairs? Nah, I let my husband handle that.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:47 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Do you drive? Yes, everyday What vehicle do you have? Nissan Altima
What household chore do you dislike the most? Washing Dishes! I guess because that was always my job growing up, I still detest it.
What's your favorite summer food/recipe? Anything that can be grilled.
Have you ever gone to a drive-in movie? Oh my yes! As a kid, growing up in Florida, we were ALWAYS at the drive in.
Are you handy around the house with repairs? I wish I was. No, in that aspect I am a kept woman.