Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Does anyone have this Jo Tote?

I really like this bag and I am considering getting it. BUT... I am wondering if this bag is too big and is more of a travel bag and not an everyday kind of bag? KWIM?

If anyone has this bag I would love to hear about it and what you think about it. Do you use it everday? Also, if you have pics of you wearing it that would be great! Thanks!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't see the photo. I have this one.
It's pretty big - I use it when I want to bring everything.
Otherwise I tend to bring my 5 million dollar home.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I don't know why the pic is broken? Not sure how to fix it? But here is the link

http://jototes.com/handbags/tote-noir-floral
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is a big bag. Not like a suitcase or anything, but big. If you just have a camera and one other lens you can go with something smaller like the previous poster. If you have a gigantic lens (10 inches long!!!) like me you need this bag to fit it in it with your camera. So it all depends on your needs. It is a good bag and liked very much by professionals, but if you look at the photo of the girl wearing it, you can see it is quite large (like a diaper bag).
Old 05-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the same one Celeste has, and I use it as a camera/diaper bag (it's an inch longer and deeper than the one you linked). I love it! I use it all the time, although now that DS doesn't require as much, I keep thinking about downsizing for my everyday use, but with baby girl almost here it may not be necessary.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by branfam View Post
I don't know why the pic is broken? Not sure how to fix it? But here is the link

http://jototes.com/handbags/tote-noir-floral
I had two of these bags in the scarlet/damask combo and they were really nice bags but once I had my camera, three lenses, speedlight, accessories and other stuff like my wallet, keys, cell phone etc. it was REALLY heavy and not comfortable to carry at all. Especially for photo sessions. If you have less stuff than I do then it might work great for you though!!

They are nice well made bags and their customer service was fantastic. I had a zipper issue with my bag and they sent a replacement bag out right away, there was an issue with a small corner of the inside pocket being sewn into the seam on the replacement and they sent a 2nd replacement and let me keep both replacements and I only had to send back my original bag. Anyways I ended up selling both of them and buying two Pink Punk Boutique bags that work much better for me and all my gear.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
I have the same one Celeste has, and I use it as a camera/diaper bag (it's an inch longer and deeper than the one you linked). I love it! I use it all the time, although now that DS doesn't require as much, I keep thinking about downsizing for my everyday use, but with baby girl almost here it may not be necessary.
Do you use it as a diaper bag with your camera in the bag? What do you put in there?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna View Post
I had two of these bags in the scarlet/damask combo and they were really nice bags but once I had my camera, three lenses, speedlight, accessories and other stuff like my wallet, keys, cell phone etc. it was REALLY heavy and not comfortable to carry at all. Especially for photo sessions. If you have less stuff than I do then it might work great for you though!!

They are nice well made bags and their customer service was fantastic. I had a zipper issue with my bag and they sent a replacement bag out right away, there was an issue with a small corner of the inside pocket being sewn into the seam on the replacement and they sent a 2nd replacement and let me keep both replacements and I only had to send back my original bag. Anyways I ended up selling both of them and buying two Pink Punk Boutique bags that work much better for me and all my gear.
Shawna, which bags did you get from Pink Punk? I am such a camera bag junkie (have 3 right now) but my main problem is now finding ones that fit my camera, my normal lens (17-55mm 2.8) and my zoom lens (70-200 2.8), and my flash and it be somewhat comfortable to wear/carry around. I don't expect to wear it on a shoot, but walking to and from the shoot. So now you have me curious what you found with Pink Punk! Sigh...its a problem!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have one like the black one, and one like Celeste's. I like them both a lot. If I carry them I tend to have all my camera crap as well as my usual junk. I do think the original (black style)is a little easier to carry, especially for long periods. (that may just be me too because I have narrow shoulders and things always slip off ) If I'm not carrying my camera around I try to get away with no purse or as small of one as possible.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprauncey1 View Post
Shawna, which bags did you get from Pink Punk? I am such a camera bag junkie (have 3 right now) but my main problem is now finding ones that fit my camera, my normal lens (17-55mm 2.8) and my zoom lens (70-200 2.8), and my flash and it be somewhat comfortable to wear/carry around. I don't expect to wear it on a shoot, but walking to and from the shoot. So now you have me curious what you found with Pink Punk! Sigh...its a problem!
I have a three pocket shooter bag which is similar to a shootsac (only a lot less expensive lol), it only holds your lenses/flash/accessories while your shooting not your camera body. It works really good for me since it's worn messenger style and I can swing it around so that it's near my back/hips and out of the way. And then I have a Claire DSLR bag which is my everyday bag that holds my 7D with 50 1.4 attached plus my 30 1.4, 85 1.8, external flash and extra batteries, memory cards etc. Both of my bags are in the other Pink Punk thread if you wanna see them
Old 05-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by branfam View Post
Do you use it as a diaper bag with your camera in the bag? What do you put in there?
Here's an example day from last summer. It was pretty full, but you can adjust the size of the compartments on the inside so that everything is accessible. And it does get heavy, but just depending on what you keep in it. I keep way different things in it now, but it works even on Sundays to bring plenty of snacks, books, and toys to keep DS occupied. I usually don't take my camera to church though...

Old 05-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
Here's an example day from last summer. It was pretty full, but you can adjust the size of the compartments on the inside so that everything is accessible. And it does get heavy, but just depending on what you keep in it. I keep way different things in it now, but it works even on Sundays to bring plenty of snacks, books, and toys to keep DS occupied. I usually don't take my camera to church though...

So when you have all of that stuff in there with you camera you feel like your camera is still safe? Do you ever worry about cups spilling or crumps?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the same Rose bag as Celeste. We just went on a road trip and it was the only thing I took... no purse. I did lose an entire bag of sunflower seed nuts in my bag, but I didn't really worry about my camera. I just took everything out and dumped the nuts in the trash. I wouldn't travel with water in there. I have mine divided into 4 compartments -- camera in the middle (I have a big P&S, so no extra lenses), an undivided compartment to the left for my wallet and then on the right I have further divided that side into 2 smaller compartments. One holds all my cords, the other spare batteries and memory cards.