Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Those dang shirts...

So, I come to you all with a rather humorous vent that I know you as scrapbookers, will understand. You see, I work hard to put my boys in matching outfits (not always matching to EACH OTHER, but their own outfits match) and teaching my almost 6 year old how to pick out a matching outfit. And sometimes, I even pick outfits knowing I will be taking pictures to include in my scrapbook.

But my HUSBAND has these god awful neon shirts that he wears ALL THE TIME, despite the fact that he has about a billion t-shirts that are far more neutral. So I have all of these nice family memories and when he's in the photo...a huge neon distraction. They are mostly neon yellow & neon orange. I even told him he wasn't jiving with my scrapbook uniform...but he didn't care.

Here is an example (although, he doesn't stand out NEARLY as much in this one as some other photos I have, it was just the easiest one to find because it's the most recent):

Ohhhh...I love him, but that shirt...

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 06-09-2014, 03:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Haha... I hear you... My hubby's favorite color is plaid.... I've already have told him to go change his shirt and then get the look... Slowly, the worst of his shirts are blessing a goodwill store somewhere....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2014, 04:14 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

At least it's solid so you can change the color!

My husband is a big Minnesota Vikings fan, so like 50% of all his shirts are Vikings shirts. boo
Old 06-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Our husbands are style twins. Seriously, he has a TON of drifit type shirts, t shirts and polo style, in bright neon colors. Why. I do not buy them for him. I feel your pain.

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July
Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Has one of the babes made a tutorial on how to change clothes colors? If not - we need one stat!!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As I do laundry, I just slowly take one out (say... one each week) and he'll start to notice he's getting low on shirts and then it's his birthday or something and I give him 5 or 6 shirts that will work for me and he's so happy. Of course, my husband has awful problems with his memory for details and he rarely remembers which shirts I've tossed.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband (when he can) wears tshirts that have his company's logo all over them. I feel like I should get a discount with how often I "promote" it with scrapbooking and all the pictures I can lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

bahaha that's hilarious! I would just throw them away one day and pretend you know nothing about it, haha

Old 06-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
As I do laundry, I just slowly take one out (say... one each week) and he'll start to notice he's getting low on shirts and then it's his birthday or something and I give him 5 or 6 shirts that will work for me and he's so happy. Of course, my husband has awful problems with his memory for details and he rarely remembers which shirts I've tossed.
BAHAHAHAHA I was joking about throwing them out secretly so this is HILARIOUS!

Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
There is no way I would get away with this! My DH knows every shirt/tie/pants etc... in his wardrobe! He even has then hanging in specific places in his closet! Thankfully, he had is colors done a number of years back and has some nice basic shirts.

My son, though, falls in love with his shirts. The favorite one from last year he wore until it was threadbare and about 6 inches too short (up on his arm -- it was a long sleeve shirt). I finally convinced him it was time for it to go by promising him we would put it in his "Favorite Shirts Box"!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL at "scrapbooking uniform"! I never thought of that!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh I feel you. My DH has the most awful shirts too! And I've had to ask him to get out of photos before!!

Old 06-09-2014, 06:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
Has one of the babes made a tutorial on how to change clothes colors? If not - we need one stat!!
Yep! I made one! I'm the queen of recoloring things to better match the motif of my page
Old 06-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the opposite problem. My husband rarely wears a shirt at home. My son wears just underwear 95% of the time lol!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad/sorry to hear that others have this problem! I have changed clothing colors before but in most of the pics I have, he's close enough to one/both of the boys and then they have a yellow/orange tint to them from his glowing! And I'm too lazy to try and fix that.

I wish I could toss em, but...he'd notice right away since those are apparently his favorite! :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 06-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you could accidentally spill bleach on them.. or put a hole in them

Old 06-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL! But at least your DH is willing to be in the photos. Mine has a nice, neutral (or at least subdued) wardrobe that would photograph nicely. At least in theory...he doesn't let me test the theory very often, and the majority of the photos he lets me take are of him making faces at me for making him be in the photo.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

haha! OMG, all I see is the crazy neon of his shirt and blow right past your adorable child.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Yep! I made one! I'm the queen of recoloring things to better match the motif of my page
Woo-Hoo!! You rock Sheri!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i've never actually thought to change the color of clothes - i'm totally gonna now!
Old 06-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
LOL! But at least your DH is willing to be in the photos. Mine has a nice, neutral (or at least subdued) wardrobe that would photograph nicely. At least in theory...he doesn't let me test the theory very often, and the majority of the photos he lets me take are of him making faces at me for making him be in the photo.
Mine got annoyed because he wasn't in more pages...

And he wears mostly shirts from breweries now (a step up from all the airshow shirts he wore when I met him). Fortunately most are blue or green and fit into the color scheme pretty well. And he's pretty good about going along with it when I ask him to wear something specific too. (Actually he'll yell at me as he's getting dressed to find out what color to wear...he's well trained...)
Old 06-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd accidentally wash all the neon shirts in a giant batch of black rit dye......
Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't mind if mine wore a bit of colour once in a while - he's just navy blue all day everyday. Work, home, whenever we go out - always navy blue!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Being a photographer my DH knows to not bug me with his fashion choice for photos I want to take. But its the in the monent shots that he is wearing sweat pants and a logo shirt that kill me. When we move, some of the boys' shirts are going to be "lost" in the move. Of course their favorites are the Minecraft and huge photo/decal ones. But I do try to keep mostly stripes and solids in there hoping they will grab one of those. Then they resort to stealing from each other. And they don't notice its either way too big or way too small!!

Sigh. Oh well. At least my clients usually listen to my advise! Usually.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
HAHA, I love it!

My FIL wears these bright purple & gold LSU shirts whenever we're together, and since purple is the kiss of death for a kit, I often have to turn the whole photo b&w in order to scrap the pics.