Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2023, 03:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default OMG It actually finally feels like autumn!

I live in the Northern Oregon and some years the calendar says September, and the rain starts. Well not this year! It's been spectacular! Even hit 90's this past week. But today is the beginning of a cooler weather pattern and it makes me excited for all the color change that happens. I like to say my favorite season is the 3 weeks of perfect color in October here.

This was one of the shots from a day of great color...
Old 09-17-2023, 04:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh that is gorgeous!!! We're hitting fall temps here too - overnight it's about 32-34 (1-2'C) but yesterday it got up to 77'F (25'C), which is really warm for here this time of year. We sometimes have had snow by now!

I have two Maple trees in my yard, and they go bright red this time of year, I bought them especially for that! lol

Old 09-17-2023, 04:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh I love that view Tracey so beautiful!!

Trina of course we want photos of those trees lol!

We had warm weather too the last few weeks, They said the warmest September ever.
Now finally the cooler weather has started and I can't wait till colors are changing and everything
Old 09-17-2023, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are getting there. We had our first day under 100 this weekend. We ended up with 72 days of 100+ temperatures. Today is 92 and I am comfortable in jeans. It is still warm but so much better than 108!

Those trees are gorgeous. We have a state park north of here that has trees that change and we try to go there if we can make it work. Otherwise we see green trees and dead grass.
Old 09-17-2023, 11:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Trina - honestly, I would hate to have the weather possibly have snow this early. But yah, show us the red trees when their colors pop!!!

Kimberly, I don't know how half the country survived this summer's heat waves. It was horrible.

Wendy, I must admit I don't mind a warmer than average September as long as we are not talking triple - digit!

The photo I showed is from a viewpoint in a nearby amazing park - Filled with hiking, horseback riding, river views from high up and more right on the river.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:10 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Autumn is still loading here... we have the temperature cooling down, but the leaves are a bit slow in turning golden/red. I can't wait though.
There are so many gingko biloba trees around our community that turn gorgeously golden in autumn. It's a sight to behold!
Old 09-18-2023, 11:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so happy temps are dropping! It's been in the high 80s, but cools into the 50s at night. I love fall!!
Old 09-18-2023, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

YES!! Finally! Even here in Eastern WA we are finally having some more normal fall weather- highs in the 70's and cooling off in the evenings/nights. We've been SO hot the last few weeks- upper 80's and it didn't feel like fall at all! I love this time of year to have windows open during the day too!
Old 09-18-2023, 12:42 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

We had some cooler temps the last week even getting into the 40's/50's at night. I've been so cold even in the house that I got out a sweater. Saturday I even got out a sweatshirt. I'm just not ready to turn on the heat since it is supposed to get in the 80's the middle of this week.

However, the high by the weekend is 69 and rainy so I can see the heat being turned on. I absolutely hate being cold and my comfortable temperature in side is minimum of 76. It is 72 right now and I'm cold even with a sweatshirt on (outside temp is 65).

What I am enjoying is seeing the colors of fall happening all around me!
Old 09-18-2023, 11:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This was taken at dusk so the light sucks, but I wanted to get a pic before the wind got to all the leaves lol I accidentally bumped the other one with the lawn mower on the weekend and half the leaves fell off (boo!). The trees are still babies - can't wait til they fill in a bit, but loving the colours!

Old 09-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It looks beautiful! I love fall and all the beautiful colors!
Old 09-19-2023, 11:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's beautiful, Trina!
Old 09-20-2023, 12:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we had a pretty sunset the other night.. I've taken many a photo of this one spot over the years. Those who know me, know. LOL!

Trees are changing here too (I actually started noticing the colors changing in august in our town this year which is really weird.. it's not a good thing apparently lol)

We need to cut our own tree down because it's been damaged by so many early winter storms but I just don't want to yet I like the privacy it gives (even though I don't go in my yard all that much because of noise from dogs and stuff)
Old 09-20-2023, 03:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What beautiful colors! We don't get a colorful fall here, it's too dry, especially this year. It's still pretty but not as pretty as the coast.