Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Question PSE 14...resizing my pictures when i drag them from the photo bin

I recently switched from PC to Mac and I'm currently attempting to use PSE 14 on my MacBook. I was previously using PSE 11 on my PC. In PSE 14 on my Mac PSE is resizing my photos when I try to drag them from the photo bin into the layout I am working on. My original photo may be around 17x11 and when i try to drag up from the photo bin into my layout PSE resizes it to around 7x5. The resolution for both the layout and photo is 300 ppi so it is not that. I'm not sure what is going on. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

oh no! I wish I could help... but I'm still on PSE11... I was thinking of upgrading PSE14. I hope someone has an answer for you!
Old 01-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

That is really strange. Have you tried duplicating into the new file instead of dragging it? I know when I switched from PSE 12 to 14 I was happy to see that elements would not come in the size of my page anymore when I dragged from the bin. I have been surprised by the size of a few of my photos, but I mostly blamed it on coming from my phone. Now I wonder if it is something else? Hope you make it work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2016, 11:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are you saying that when you drag a photo from the bin/folder, let's say landscape, pse14 re-sizes it by fitting the photo on both sides when it should be bigger than that? I'm using photoshop cc and it's also happening to me. So what I do is I drag the photo in ps cc first before dragging it on the page I'm working on. I'm not yet familiar with ps cc since I'm using it for a month only but maybe there's an explanation in the web about it that we haven't yet discovered.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for all you replies! After looking around a little further on the internet and working in PSE 14 a little more I have learned that it is apparently a known issue that existed in PSE 13 and is still there in PSE 14. It appears that what PSE is doing is taking the photo which is larger than the project I am working on and shrinking it fit on the project (if that makes sense). That only happens when I drag it up from the photo bin into my project. If I drag it from the photo layer rather than the bin it keeps it actual size. I guess now that I have been working with it more If the photo shrinks it shouldn't be an issue very often. I was just freaking out because I was trying use a good pic of my daughters face and I just wanted her face in my project. It was shrinking the photo too small for what I wanted to do and I was getting very frustrated.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

You can stop that in CC via your preferences. I'd say PSE too. Under preferences>general> resize image during place.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
You can stop that in CC via your preferences. I'd say PSE too. Under preferences>general> resize image during place.
Thank you!! It is now not re-sizing my photo!
Old 01-07-2016, 01:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm