Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Sweet Stuff from the Sweet Shoppe
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Enter to win something old & something new!

I have a little something new coming out tomorrow...

Which, coincidentally coordinates with something old...

So, if you'd like to win BOTH the old and the new goodies* then leave me a comment here with your answer to this question:
What things in your life are different now from 5/10/15 years ago that you are thankful for now? What's been a sweet surprise that you've recently noticed?
For me, it's seeing my kids grow and learning that they've always been the same people that they are now... just smaller. I watched a little home movie last week of my two oldest when they were only five and two and it was adorable to hear their conversation--and surprising to hear how little has changed! LOL! Love it!

Deadline is tonight at midnight. Random.org will pick a winner and I will announce who it is here tomorrow! Good luck to you!

* (If you happen to already own the older kit, then you will be welcome to pick one other solo kit from my shop.)

Old 05-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

DH and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last week - he's still the grown up kid he always was, and watching him with my daughter is a total joy :-)
Old 05-31-2013, 01:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

11 years ago I moved to a new town, started a new career and met my soul mate. We're celebrating our 10th anniversary this year and it just keeps getting better and better.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Only 5 years ago, I was still bed ridden and living with my parents because of severe arthritis! Now I am married and have a 17 month old little boy who I can't imagine life without.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Add me to the wedding anniversary group. TODAY my hubby and I have been married 10 years. Now, we have the house, the children, the dog, etc....life couldn't be any sweeter.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh I would love to win this! It looks so pretty Nicole!

Well 5-15 years ago I hadn't had any of the kids and I just couldn't imagine that! Everyday I am thankful for my sweet kids and how amazing they are.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids getting older has allowed more time for me again and I have found life so much saner when I get some "me time".
Old 05-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

10 years ago I never thought I'd move to live to another country, and still I've been (very happy) in Luxembourg for almost 9 years now. ;-)

And THANKS for this! I'd totally love to win, because I like what I see.

Last edited by adrianka; 05-31-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

10 yrs ago - June 2003 - I discovered I was pregnant after 10 long years of trying. I was finally becoming a mother! Life has changed a lot - we've moved three times - had a second child - I've become a stay at home mom - we've been immersed in the world of special needs parenting, etc. It's been a roller coaster for sure! :-)

thanks for the chance to win!

Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I never knew 5/10 years ago that I would be raising another child especially at my age! But she has been such a blessing to our lives!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wow! So much has changed... met DH in college at a fraternity party... got married, had 2 kids... bought our first house, new jobs, sold the house, moved, and it has been a whirlwind... I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for the chance!

Old 05-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

After 12 years of marriage (and being "childless by choice", DH and I decide to have a child. She is now two, and our life is worlds apart from what is was pre-baby. I'm super thankful that I'm getting to live "two lives" one as married, no kids and one as a mom. Everything is so different now, in the most wonderful way!

It's also great to see how being a Dad has changed my DH. He was awesome before pre-kid, but he is super awesome now. I'm very impressed with how he is handling our "new life" too!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

10 years ago I had only one grandchild and thought there would be no more! My oldest was unable to have children and my youngest said she only wanted one child. My daughter who thought she could not have children now has 2 beautiful children and my youngest daughter now has a 6 year old (and a 14 year old). Love every minute being with all four of them. They bless my life every day!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

15 years ago - I was a freshman in college. All doe-eyed and ready to take on the world. I had big dreams of marrying my high school crush and following him to the ends of the world, (as a missionary) singing along the way! (*spoiler alert - I didn't marry my high school crush)

10 years ago - I was married to the wrong guy and pregnant with our 2nd child. Fighting an internal battle of leaving an abusive relationship or following my Christian beliefs that marriage is forever. That internal battle manifested itself externally and I had a horrific pregnancy filled with hospital stays, but that ended with my beautiful daughter. (and a nasty divorce)

5 years ago - I realized that the long broken road had led me to a man that loved me for who I was. Who would stand by my side through good times and bad. Who loved not only me but my two children as well. Who didn't run away when my ex threatened him. Who gave me the courage to stand up for myself, and then stood next to me in court. I realized that I wasn't scared to take the next step and marry him.

Now - We have been together for 6 years and now have our third and last child. I look back and see so much growth in myself, in my two older children, and even in my husband. Heck, I will even admit that my ex has grown and we now have more civil conversations about the kids.

My 3rd child is my sweet surprise blessing. My husband was fine not having a child of his own. I felt differently, but I didn't think it would happen. Seeing him now with our son I fall in love all over again.

I am so thankful to be able to have a "do-over" of sorts. My marriage isn't perfect. It isn't the picture I had in my head as a college freshman. But it is real, there are no pretenses, no facades. We have weathered many storms, and I am sure there are more to come. At least this time I know I have a true partner by my side.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

At every one of those points, 15, 10, and 5 years, I have seen my kids grow and change and find their way in the world more and more. I am thankful for their growing independence.

A sweet surprise I have noticed lately is that my youngest, who was not a reader before has become very interested in chapter books and I love seeing the imagination blossom!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i am thanxfull for my son 15 years ago i whas always telling every one i never wanted kids then i get pregnant at my 19 and fell in love with my son
Old 05-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Looks nice! Thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to primgirl

I've watched my 4 babies grow into teenagers and young adults. They're even better then I could've imagined!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

wow 10 years ago hubby and I had just moved to a new state, had no children, and were just enjoying exploring and getting out and about in MN. Now we have a 4 year old and a 6 year old and I can't even remember what it was like not to have them in our lives. thanks for a chance to win. such a pretty preview.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

5 years ago my husband was getting temporarily medically retired from the army due to complications from a couple lung surgeries he had It was looking like he'd never be able to come back, but after 5 very long years, and lots of failed procedures, he's recovered from it waaaay better than we ever thought he would - now he's back in, happy as can be and we've just moved 2500 miles away from our home to start another new adventure.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for my new job that I didn't even know I wanted. After being a SAHM for the last several years I was reluctant to go back to work. But, I got a part time job at our church and I'm loving it.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

15 - Dating, 10 - Married, 5 - Wonderful home with a wonderful husband. Sweet Surprise: Hey... the seeds in my new garden bed are growing! :-)
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

So much has changed in my life in just the last 5 years. Five years ago, I was in a very dark place. Now I have the job I have worked years to get. I own my own house, something I have dreamed of since I was a little girl growing up in apartments. I have a wonderful son who amazes me everyday in so many ways. I am no longer in that dark place and am in a great place now. I can only imagine great things happening in my future now.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fifteen years ago I was a month away from being pregnant with our first child. I am so very thankful that we now have two (sometimes frustrating) tween and teen boys blessing our family.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Man what hasn't changed! 10 years ago I didn't have my amazing hubby or my kiddos. I was still in law school and living on the East Coast. I never imagine I would be where I am today but I wouldn't change a single moment.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

15 years ago was 3 towns ago and now we are in our forever town! One sweet surprise recently is that my most difficult child has recently become my easiest child and I have no idea why or what changed! Thanks for the chance!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow, it's fun to look back on where I was 10 years ago. DH and I had been together for nine years and were just a few short months from being engaged. We've been married 9 years now and you hear it all the time that as much as you love your significant other, that will only grow stronger over the years... surprisingly this is indeed true.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

5 years ago, I started to learn Photoshop. That was so awesome to create something nice for my self. Of couse at that time I was just a little chicky, Lol. But,step by step, I did give up.And now,my designingskills are not so bad.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

15 years ago I just graduated from college, I really wanted to be a business woman and the thoughts of staying home with kids was "that's totally not me" then 10 years ago I just had my son and I worked from home. 5 years ago I was a full time stay at home mom and I just started working again few months ago and I feel like I missed many things and want to be SAHM again!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Before I announce the winner, I just wanted to say thank you for all your wonderful replies to my question. I loved reading them all.

Random.org has smiled on HeyJude today! CONGRATS! I will send you a PM here on the forums.

Thanks for playing, everyone!

Old 06-01-2013, 02:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Nicole!! I can't wait to play with these gorgeous kits.