Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I found SSD in October 2009, looking for a template to make some popcorn containers, I found Heather's hybrid templates & fell in LOVE. I started participating in challenges in January 2010, My first kit was KCB's Cloud 9.
Here is what I did with the templates:

Here is the first page I uploaded here (with that first kit)
Old 02-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
My friend from a moms forum knew I liked to edit photos and thought that I would really like to do digital scrapbooking... she told me about Sweet Shoppe Designs and told me to grab a cookie from one of the challenges here and she walked me through my first layout and then saving it for web... there was a GGG sale and I sold a couple of my baby carriers to fund purchasing several kits and a couple digital scrapbooking classes... I fell in LOVE with the challenges and the people and the designers here instantly and it quickly became "home" for me. That was fall of 2009 and my first purchase was Penny's 100% Recycled which is still one of my favorite kits ever and I don't have the heart to purge it, and not sure I ever will LOL.

This is my first layout that Kristin (smallmoments) walked me through after sending me here she told me to add shadows... notice I forgot some and that they're all the same size and distance and opacity and also check out how I used the "flowers/elements" spot on the template and clipped paper to it instead of switching out for an element in the kit LOLOL
YAY! I'm so glad you listened to me! I told you you'd be good!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I resisted the tempation to go digital for a LONG time!!!! (My previous jobs all involved working with computers.) But, alas, you can't take the geek out of the girl, so once I tried digi, I was in LOVE!

I found SSD after I played with all the online freebies for awhile. SSD just had the best quality products, and it's my STYLE!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been here since the store opened. I heard that it was opening at DST (I think, but maybe DST wasn't around yet then) or SBB and came over to check it out.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was here on opening day, and I remember that Robin did a call for a site CT but didn't announce the designers, and I was thinking, "WHO IN THE WORLD would agree to create for a site without knowing who the designers are?!" Then I saw the designers AND the babe list, and I wished I had been who in the world, lol.

I'm like LeeAndra and saw the advertisement at DST. I'm so glad Robin opened the forums; it's my happy home.

And I'm glad Ashley is scrapping, too, and that she's got more self-control than I do.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Wow I have no idea! Guessing it was a designer who was part of a blog train. I have only been active (ie lurking) on online forums since about Thanksgiving time. I haven't posted many layouts anywhere, just trying to get a feel for where I am comfortable. I did a series of challenges in January on a forum and just wasn't that comfortable, now I'm trying to find one or a couple of good places.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjenlittle View Post
Wow I have no idea! Guessing it was a designer who was part of a blog train. I have only been active (ie lurking) on online forums since about Thanksgiving time. I haven't posted many layouts anywhere, just trying to get a feel for where I am comfortable. I did a series of challenges in January on a forum and just wasn't that comfortable, now I'm trying to find one or a couple of good places.
JMO, but I lurked for a long time before deciding to become active here. It's a lovely community, but just like anything else, you get back what you put in. The challenge portfolio has really helped me to scrap more and the feedback from the Sweet Layout Lovins post really makes me feel good about my efforts. I'm happy that I decided to quick lurking and start participating.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea when I first found SSD. It was probably 2006 or so, not sure. But it was/is such a tight knit community I felt kinda "out of place" since I didn't know some of what was being talked about. But later after becoming friends with Lena, I decided to try it again and forced myself to open up and join in and now can't imagine ever leaving.

So for new people, please don't be intimidated/out of place!! This really is the best bunch of scrappers and friends and even though we are all different, we are all just scrappers trying to be real here!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I just found SSD a few weeks ago by seeing some layout designs from SDD on another scrapping website and have fallen in LOVE with it! I love the designers! Great products! So glad I found this place
Old 02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Kim So glad you joined in. And I agree, nothing to be intimidated about! We're all friendly!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Was Meg who brought me here...blame her.
I knew Meg and Sara before my days of scrapbooking when we used to make PSP sig tags...Meg was in a contest at SBG and we slowly started scrapping LO's and Bam...we ended up here at SSD.

Looks like this was the first LO I uploaded in July of 2007

Last edited by ZaCola3; 02-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=kscwgirl;938993]I followed Meg and Shannon here. [/QUOTE
Cause we da'bomb.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been around since the beginning too. I first learned about digiscrapping on TwoPeas back in Nov. 2005 I think and joined The DigiChick that month and later saw Robin's announcement about starting SSD and came over here to check things out. I even remember when Shannon Bieger originally started DST in June 2006!! A lot has changed in the digital scrapbooking world in the last 6-7 years, that's for sure. I don't really scrap much these days, but scrapbooking led me to discover my love of photography
Old 02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I found SSD after finding TDD and falling in love with Zoe's kit there. However by the time I found it, it was no longer the feature month so I was so upset I had missed out on it. I was so happy to discover her store and that the kit was available here. I was still really bummed that I missed the coupon code that was given during her feature month though. Haha. I don't remember how.long it took me to branch out to the other designers here though. It was a little while I think...

Old 02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started really getting into the idea of digi-scrapping in the spring of 2009. It took me a few months of internet searches (mostly freebie hunting!) to get the courage to actually try my hand at creating a page. I'm pretty sure I found SSD kind of by accident, just from my usual "digital scrapbooking" internet searches.

I do know that Melissa's "Just Chillin'" kit was the first SSD kit I ever bought and that this was the first SSD LO I ever made. *cringe*

Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Some of these first layouts are so cute. Mine is pretty scary. I had a brad the size of a planet on my page. I knew nothing about resizing and one of the brads in the kit was pretty big so I figured maybe it was supposed to be used that way. ROFL
Old 02-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Wow, most everyone has been here for a long time. I'm new here! I'm a fan of KCB and followed her blog. Thought for a while she wasn't designing anymore because I was linked to her old blog. One day I discovered that wasn't the case, and also discovered SSD. That was pretty recent (I'm a little slow, lol) so I don't even have a gallery here yet, but I'm excited to get to "know" a new shop.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I followed Eva here. I'd heard about the site before but when Eva left her previous home I decided to move here too.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When I first started digiscrapping I google searched "coffee digital scrapbook kit" and found Misty Cato's blog. From there I went to her store at SSD... fell in love... and lived scrap-happily ever after LOVE it here

Here is my first page *shutter* in July 2008

It was for a challenge here. Sweet Paula even commented on it <3 Even though it was horrible lol. Such a sweet community!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been friends with Libby for years and years - we have a mutual paper scrapper friend and we met once when I was visiting my family back in Joplin, MO and I drove down to Rogers, AR to meet our friend and Libby drove up.

We kept in touch and when she started digi-designing (I think it was 2008?) she lured me over to this side and this site. I wasn't planning on giving up scrapping, but I sure didn't do much of it at the time. If I hadn't started digi-scrapping, I'd probably still be paper scrapping, but it would have been very seldom. As it is, I still digi-scrap like I paper-scrapped - it's hard to break my old habits.

Oh, I didn't realize we were uploading layouts. This is the 2nd digi layout I ever did, with Libby's first baseball kit:

Oh, and now I remember, I was ONLY going to digi-scrap the boys sports photos and paper scrap everything else, so I started with those...and I'm STILL doing sports layouts...and not paper scrapping at all.

Last edited by maryinaz; 02-20-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my join date is 2/1/2007 ... but I think that is because the new forums opened that day/night. I remember staying up waiting to be able to register & join. I *think* I found SSD after ScrapMommies (Traci Reed's) site closed.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna View Post
I've been around since the beginning too. I first learned about digiscrapping on TwoPeas back in Nov. 2005 I think and joined The DigiChick that month and later saw Robin's announcement about starting SSD and came over here to check things out. I even remember when Shannon Bieger originally started DST in June 2006!! A lot has changed in the digital scrapbooking world in the last 6-7 years, that's for sure.
This is sort of me, too, but I also remember hanging out at SBB then, too. I was a paper scrapper for years and owned just about everything made by Chatterbox and Basic Gray. When I started scrapping digitally, I asked at twopeas what digital designers I should try based on these two paper companies. I was told to check out Sara, Mindy, and Robin if I liked Chatterbox. I did, absolutely loved them, and then lucked out- I joined Robin's CT. Then I was on Amy Blesser and Traci Reed's teams when they moved to SSD. I still love SSD with its friendly community and great customer service; and although I don't post much, I do lurk every day.

Here's one of the first layouts I posted using Robin's kits at DST-