Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 07-13-2020, 12:29 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default Let's talk about our scrapping projects again

Because girls, I'm 10 pages away from being finished with 2019 and I have July 2020 planned out. Then, I'll be caught up!

I've done over 500 pages since the Covid pandemic forced everyone to start staying home. That count is officially from March 14th.

I have several other side projects I want to work on that have been on the back burner since the last time I was caught up, which was 2017.

But I'm going to tell you, if I have to scrap one more Christmas or Halloween picture or come up with a title for those, I'm going to loose my mind! LOL! I've done 3 years worth of both (I'm currently finishing Christmas of 2019).

So Designers, Holiday Titles hint hint! LOL! Cindy, I love your layered ones.

I just ordered my 3rd book of the lockdown too. So I'm only a year behind on my printing now. I'll freely admit, I've done basically nothing else in the evenings after I feed my children. I just finished Suits, I'm watching House now. Plus I watched Kimmy Schmidt and Crazy Ex Girl Friend during all this scrapping. LOL!

What projects have you accomplished you want to brag on?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-13-2020, 02:52 AM
jacinda's Avatar
jacinda jacinda is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 17,363
Default

Wow!! 500 pages!! That's awesome. I thought I'd have all this extra scrapping time during lockdown, but I ended up working throughout, and with the kids (teenagers) home too, time was spent with them.

I don't have any projects going at the moment but I love hearing what everyone else is doing. I don't feel pressure to stay up to date. I figure any memory scrapped is one more than I would have had otherwise

Last edited by jacinda; 07-13-2020 at 02:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2020, 04:41 AM
joelsgirl's Avatar
joelsgirl joelsgirl is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Davao City, Philippines
Posts: 17,928
Default

I finished the album from our trip to the States because my MIL passed away in 2016. I ordered from Photobook Philippines; I wasn't overly impressed, but I did like ordering it in country and not having to wait for someone to bring ti to me.

I also finished all the little details for my 2016 paper PL album, which took way longer than I thought and totally squashed any ideas I had about doing 2020 in paper.

I'm currently working on the 7 months we spent in the States in 2018; I probably have about 20 pages left. And I'm with you, Vanessa, SO DONE with Christmas layouts!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2020, 06:29 AM
allyanne's Avatar
allyanne allyanne is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 5,047
Default

Why is it that we all get so excited about the Christmas/holiday kits when they come out, and we hate scrapping Christmas pages, lol? I have much of 2019 done, except Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm so dragging my feet, too, telling myself I'll wait for new kits this year to finish them! I'm kind of like Jacinda in this, though, and I try not to give myself too many goals in scrapping. I do like to be reasonably "caught up" so I can print, though. Being one year behind in printing is ok for me.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-13-2020, 07:17 AM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,538
Default

Congrats on the 500 pages! I upgraded my RAM, so I've been zipping along when I find the time too.


I've never scrapped chronologically, so I only have printed my vacation albums and P365 the four years I did it. I noticed that I have quite a bit of 2019 done, so my goal now is to complete that year and print a book.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-13-2020, 08:43 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Wow!! 500 pages!! That's awesome. I thought I'd have all this extra scrapping time during lockdown, but I ended up working throughout, and with the kids (teenagers) home too, time was spent with them.

I don't have any projects going at the moment but I love hearing what everyone else is doing. I don't feel pressure to stay up to date. I figure any memory scrapped is one more than I would have had otherwise
Iíve been working from home, so my hours have been a little more relaxed. If I could have been scrapbooking the kids school day and my work day, I would been done 2 months ago. Lol!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-13-2020, 08:45 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Congrats on the 500 pages! I upgraded my RAM, so I've been zipping along when I find the time too.


I've never scrapped chronologically, so I only have printed my vacation albums and P365 the four years I did it. I noticed that I have quite a bit of 2019 done, so my goal now is to complete that year and print a book.
I donít do PL, but vacations are usually included. Except for Disney, those are always too big. 😂 a
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-13-2020, 08:47 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Isnít that funny!?!

I hadnít been scrapping regularly over the last 4 years probably, thatís why Iíd gotten so far behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Why is it that we all get so excited about the Christmas/holiday kits when they come out, and we hate scrapping Christmas pages, lol? I have much of 2019 done, except Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm so dragging my feet, too, telling myself I'll wait for new kits this year to finish them! I'm kind of like Jacinda in this, though, and I try not to give myself too many goals in scrapping. I do like to be reasonably "caught up" so I can print, though. Being one year behind in printing is ok for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2020, 08:50 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Sounds like youíre making a lot of progress on a lot of projects!

The whole time I was doing the December daily layouts leading up to Christmas, I was thinking about this year and how I can eliminate some of the photos I was scrapping! 😂

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I finished the album from our trip to the States because my MIL passed away in 2016. I ordered from Photobook Philippines; I wasn't overly impressed, but I did like ordering it in country and not having to wait for someone to bring ti to me.

I also finished all the little details for my 2016 paper PL album, which took way longer than I thought and totally squashed any ideas I had about doing 2020 in paper.

I'm currently working on the 7 months we spent in the States in 2018; I probably have about 20 pages left. And I'm with you, Vanessa, SO DONE with Christmas layouts!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-13-2020, 09:09 AM
MamaBee's Avatar
MamaBee MamaBee is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 14,502
Default

wow! Can you share your mojo? hahahaha!!

I did get a bunch of pages printed... 4 albums when Shutterfly had their unlimited pages, so printed the max for 4 different years. I would really like to get some vacation albums done, but I'm easily distracted... ooohhh new releases, yes please!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-13-2020, 09:17 AM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,533
Default

Wow! That is so fantastic! You have motivated me to complete PL 2019!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-13-2020, 10:05 AM
Tree City's Avatar
Tree City Tree City is offline
Sugar Pie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Because girls, I'm 10 pages away from being finished with 2019 and I have July 2020 planned out. Then, I'll be caught up!

I've done over 500 pages since the Covid pandemic forced everyone to start staying home. That count is officially from March 14th.
Yay for being almost caught up and WOW to 500 pages! During SIP I haven't scraped a tenth of that. Maybe a twentieth--nope that still seems too high. Like others have said, wanna share your mojo lol?

I have decided to focus on scanning/photographing some pre-digital photos/memorabilia I recently rediscovered. I have photographs of them all arranged in a big frame I put together like 15 years ago, but I want to truly capture them individually. Once I get things scanned and tagged (I always add metadata tags to important photos), then I'm hoping I'll be inspired to scrap them.
__________________
-Sara

Last edited by Tree City; 07-13-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-13-2020, 10:18 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
wow! Can you share your mojo? hahahaha!!

I did get a bunch of pages printed... 4 albums when Shutterfly had their unlimited pages, so printed the max for 4 different years. I would really like to get some vacation albums done, but I'm easily distracted... ooohhh new releases, yes please!
LOL! I can feel it slipping away! LOL!! I'm afraid I want to do anything again for another 3 years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Kimberly27's Avatar
Kimberly27 Kimberly27 is offline
So Sweet
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 399
Default

WOW! I took 4 years off of scrapping and got behind big time plus I haven't been printing much of anything so I am super behind. I did finish our 2018 trip to Washington DC and printed a book with the shutterfly special last week. I wanted a book for my kids and a book for the family. I gave the little one a camera and the older one had his phone so I got there photos in the pages (not all great quality) but they are in the pages and I am excited to get the 8x8 books in their hands and have the 12x12 one in mine. <3 I am working on our 2019 Universal/Beach Thanksgiving trip and TRYING to stay up to date with 2020 but I went on Vaca last week and took almost 1000 photos SO I am going to need to get to scrapping. I did leave the kids behind with the grandparents so I will be kid free for about a week or two so hopefully I can get some scrapping done while they are gone....unless hubby (who is working from home) gives me projects to do. I have some print credits with persnickety prints so I need to start sending in my pages to print now...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-13-2020, 12:03 PM
AmieN1's Avatar
AmieN1 AmieN1 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 1,687
Default

That's awesome! I did get last year (2019) DYD done & printed... otherwise I've been pretty steady with my ct duties & normal scrapping. I am due to print a bunch tho...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-13-2020, 12:33 PM
LeeAndra's Avatar
LeeAndra LeeAndra is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 6,375
Default

I just had my 2017 Christmas album and my chronological 2010 (or 2011?) albums printed during the unlimited pages sale. One package is in a city a couple hours from here... and one package was mysteriously sent from IL, across IN (where I live), across OH, and is now currently in PA?!

I have most of my COVID-centric pages from March-now done. I haven't decided if I will print them separately and make a second COVID album for when we're shut down again in September/October once school is in session or if I will combine them to have one giant Hot Mess 2020 album?

I am still waiting to get my EHD looked at and fixed (if possible) so that's my biggest in-process scrapping-related project. As long as my EHD is (mostly) fixable, I will be caught up on layouts through mid-2018. If not, I will lose my layouts from mid-2016 through the beginning of COVID so we'll see what happens! We haven't been on a vacation in a couple years so those are already done and our April Disney trip was cancelled. I guess I do have last year's Christmas album to finish and 2014's to do but I have used most of the kits in my collection so I am waiting on this year's to come out to finish those up. I'm trying not to think too much about Christmas this year as we usually do SO MANY things to celebrate & I'm trying to prepare myself for EVEN MORE STAYING IN THE HOUSE 24/7.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-13-2020, 03:09 PM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I just had my 2017 Christmas album and my chronological 2010 (or 2011?) albums printed during the unlimited pages sale. One package is in a city a couple hours from here... and one package was mysteriously sent from IL, across IN (where I live), across OH, and is now currently in PA?!

I have most of my COVID-centric pages from March-now done. I haven't decided if I will print them separately and make a second COVID album for when we're shut down again in September/October once school is in session or if I will combine them to have one giant Hot Mess 2020 album?

I am still waiting to get my EHD looked at and fixed (if possible) so that's my biggest in-process scrapping-related project. As long as my EHD is (mostly) fixable, I will be caught up on layouts through mid-2018. If not, I will lose my layouts from mid-2016 through the beginning of COVID so we'll see what happens! We haven't been on a vacation in a couple years so those are already done and our April Disney trip was cancelled. I guess I do have last year's Christmas album to finish and 2014's to do but I have used most of the kits in my collection so I am waiting on this year's to come out to finish those up. I'm trying not to think too much about Christmas this year as we usually do SO MANY things to celebrate & I'm trying to prepare myself for EVEN MORE STAYING IN THE HOUSE 24/7.
I lost a harddrive and I was able to recover mine with a Data Recovery program. I was able to see if the files were there before I paid for the program. Did you try something like that?

I got my Covid pages done so far. And I may restart my timeline, I just haven't decided yet. LOL!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-13-2020, 05:06 PM
LeeAndra's Avatar
LeeAndra LeeAndra is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 6,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I lost a harddrive and I was able to recover mine with a Data Recovery program. I was able to see if the files were there before I paid for the program. Did you try something like that?

I got my Covid pages done so far. And I may restart my timeline, I just haven't decided yet. LOL!
Unfortunately, there's no way for me to plug it in to check. One of the issues is the cord won't go into the drive. My almost-BIL who works in IT said it was not just the cord but an issue with the drive, and he wasn't sure if it could be recovered or not.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-13-2020, 06:46 PM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Unfortunately, there's no way for me to plug it in to check. One of the issues is the cord won't go into the drive. My almost-BIL who works in IT said it was not just the cord but an issue with the drive, and he wasn't sure if it could be recovered or not.
Ugh! That stinks. Good luck!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-13-2020, 11:01 PM
farrijc's Avatar
farrijc farrijc is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,257
Default

Just wanted to say I’ve been watching House, too! I started at the beginning and I’m in season 5. I’m loving it as much as I did the first time around.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-13-2020, 11:21 PM
nun69's Avatar
nun69 nun69 is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 17,325
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69
Default

how about I send you all my pics from the last 27 years LOL!!!! I haven't scrapped in 5 years so I have ALOT of catching up to do......I did finish an album for Sam when she graduated in 2011 (had at least one 2 page spread from the time she was born -1993 until she graduated in 2011).....so I am working on these 3 projects simultaneously
1. our road trip cross country June 2005
2. an album for Abby for Xmas (but looks I currently have over 400 pages just about here so going to be more like 4-5 books LOL)
3. a quick photo project for Peyton bday (jul 20th) with pics of him and his bunny
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-14-2020, 05:27 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,954
Default

Oh my goodness, 500 layouts...that is incredible!!! I wish this pandemic had the same effect on me but for me it was the opposite...me worrying about getting too close to people, too many people coming together for birthdays etc has just killed my mojo so no bragging from me! I am very impressed with scrappers who have been able to keep up with requirements & just scrap like normal and more
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-14-2020, 08:34 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
Just wanted to say Iíve been watching House, too! I started at the beginning and Iím in season 5. Iím loving it as much as I did the first time around.
Iíve never seen it before. Iím just getting into season 2. I love it so far.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-14-2020, 08:35 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
Oh my goodness, 500 layouts...that is incredible!!! I wish this pandemic had the same effect on me but for me it was the opposite...me worrying about getting too close to people, too many people coming together for birthdays etc has just killed my mojo so no bragging from me! I am very impressed with scrappers who have been able to keep up with requirements & just scrap like normal and more
I think it helps keep my mind clear. I donít focus on everything else going on. Thatís why ive been doing it basically non stop! 😂
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-14-2020, 11:36 AM
bcgal00's Avatar
bcgal00 bcgal00 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver area, BC Canada
Posts: 2,679
Default

Wow, I'm impressed! I never get caught up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-15-2020, 03:09 PM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,300
Default

I finished the second half of 2018 and sent it to be printed during the Shutterfly sale. It took me 6 months, which is a lot faster than I scrapped the first half of 2018 (and why I'm sooo far behind). I got the first half of 2019 organized for scrapping last week so I need to start on those pages next. Beginning in 2019 I tried to be very mindful about my photo taking so I wouldn't get overwhelmed with photo clutter, and I think it worked. I generally scrap about 200-220 pages for each year, but I'm estimating that I'll only need 150 pages for 2019. Between that and how little I'll have to scrap for 2020, maybe there's hope for me catching up one of these years!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-15-2020, 04:30 PM
aussiegirl's Avatar
aussiegirl aussiegirl is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,840
Default

I'm not even close to having another album ready to print. I didn't officially finish my Senior's High School album. We have spent the last month working on our backyard it seems! There was sooooo much to do! We are officially finished and had her open house and are so happy to be done! I do plan to finish scrapping it and print it for her though. I printed the highlight pages on our printer and stuck them in an album for her party, so at least she had that!

My next goal is moving onto a surprise album for our will be 16 year old, and then my Senior's albums this coming year (I will have a Senior for the next 2 years)!

Now that the backyard is finished, we are going away for a week on "vacation" and then I am going to scrap! I do so much better when the girls are at school, then when they are at home and I spend time with them! oh well!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-18-2020, 10:46 PM
HavaDrPepper HavaDrPepper is offline
Sweetie Pie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Default

I am retired and spent time this winter scanning negatives from my childhood. Found some negatives for photos that I no longer have the physical photo, that was exciting.

While I was sorting those is when the pandemic hit so even more time to get things organized. Once I did I decided to scrap some of my old photos and made a plan for what photos to scrap. I scrap by themes.

First one up was vacations. Found some Disney photos for my Disney album as well. Got all those scrapped and printed at PP and in albums.

Then in May I got side tracked and ended up organizing my hard drive and external hard drives after I found some kits were in 4 different folders on a drive. Since one EHD is a backup, I had those kits in 8 places! So I spent time getting all that stuff sorted and I have a spreadsheet of what is where with one EHD being a mirror image of my main hard drive and 2 EHD's as mirror backups.

Once that was finished I got back to scrapping. I did a book for my cousin of photos of her family from their wedding in 1976 to the present. Just got the book from Shutterfly today that I will give to her. I have 12x12 prints for me that will go to her family when I'm gone.

Next up is doing the same thing for her brother's family. I have a spreadsheet that I list all the events/layouts on. Some of the layouts from the first book can be used in the second book.

So I have been working with mostly older photos. I do have a list of other theme projects that I will work on once I finish the next project. I think catching up on Peyton's book is next after my cousin's book. I scrapped the first year of puppy hood and she's 3 for I have 2 years to catch up on.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-19-2020, 04:16 PM
Kimberly27's Avatar
Kimberly27 Kimberly27 is offline
So Sweet
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 399
Default

My vacations are my daunting tasks. I have one Disney trip scrapped and done but we went in 2014..yes 2014 and I have scrapped some pages but I have 5000 (yes 5000 pictures once I included my Mother in laws pics and the photo pass pics). We were there 10 days...8 in the park. I have 4000 left to scrap and it scares me to get back to it. I go in and scrap a page here and a page there...I have the pics in a dup folder so I can delete the photos as I scrap them so I see the folders disappear.
Hubby and I take a trip just the two of us every year usually small just a weekend get away but we have had a couple of big trips that I have taken a lot of photos as well. They need to be scrapped too...I get overwhelmed on those tasks. I have a trip to Paris, Alaska and a couple of business trips to Boston we took.
We went home to visit family just for a week and I took about 1000 pics in a week....I am learning not to scrap every photo. My kids are like trained monkeys when I pull out my phone or camera. They automatically stop and smile or pose. They will even stop and say hey mom this will make a great photo or my almost 16 year old will take a pic or ask for my phone and take a pic or tell hubby to take a pic so I am included. <3
Covid is helping me stop and catch up though. I am getting a lot of pages down now since I am never leaving the house....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-20-2020, 05:14 PM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Just checking in, I'm all caught up! Now moving on to a couple side projects, maybe some about me pages and the kids favorite photo albums. Or maybe just a break! LOL!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-20-2020, 06:11 PM
clearskies's Avatar
clearskies clearskies is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
But I'm going to tell you, if I have to scrap one more Christmas or Halloween picture or come up with a title for those, I'm going to loose my mind! LOL!
Ugh, yes! Christmas lasts a month in scrapbook land...
-get a tree
-decorate the tree
-school things
-church things
-parties
-Santa visits
-baking
-events
-the holiday itself

Give me the 4th of July any day!
__________________
Amy
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-20-2020, 11:41 PM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Just checking in, I'm all caught up! Now moving on to a couple side projects, maybe some about me pages and the kids favorite photo albums. Or maybe just a break! LOL!!
Congrats! I'm blown away by how much you've scrapped over the last few months!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-21-2020, 08:43 AM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Congrats! I'm blown away by how much you've scrapped over the last few months!
Thank you! It feel amazing. I like to stay caught up, so being so far behind was driving be a little bonkers.

I'm excited to start working on other projects now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-21-2020, 03:20 PM
LeeAndra's Avatar
LeeAndra LeeAndra is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 6,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Ugh! That stinks. Good luck!!
I dropped it off at the computer place today. They said it had a bad port (which we already knew) but that they thought they might be able to get at least some data off of it. Data recovery is $95/hour so let's hope they are successful!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-21-2020, 03:49 PM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I dropped it off at the computer place today. They said it had a bad port (which we already knew) but that they thought they might be able to get at least some data off of it. Data recovery is $95/hour so let's hope they are successful!
Good luck! I paid a pretty penny to get most all my stuff back when my hard drive had a mechanical failure.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-21-2020, 05:22 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 780
Default

The only project I have worked on is my High School grads 11x14 scrapbook. It's a little over 100 pages and I just finished it.

I am very far behind on all other scrapping....
but hey, we built a deck the last month! LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-26-2020, 05:26 PM
Txcorey's Avatar
Txcorey Txcorey is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Thank you! It feel amazing. I like to stay caught up, so being so far behind was driving be a little bonkers.

I'm excited to start working on other projects now.
What is your secret to getting that many pages done? I'm so behind and would love to make some progress catching up. I'm a slow scrapper and get overwhelmed with all the things I would like to scrap.
For our last vacation, I'm trying a different process. I'm trying to type out journaling so I don't forget it and then I'm trying to get all the photos i want to scrap in templates so that when I sit down to watch tv at night I can just mindlessly scrap. I think deciding which pictures I want to use and putting those pictures into templates is my most challenging task.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-26-2020, 06:03 PM
clucaswvu04's Avatar
clucaswvu04 clucaswvu04 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,581
Default

I have been catching up - but still no where near caught up, working on Oct. 2019 currently, though I started with Jan 2019 with the stay home stuff so it is a decent bit. I also scanned for days and days and days it felt like. We took all our paper albums and those are scanned now, along with old year books, random old pics and documents. That will be the side project to get those all done (I have done a few hear and there). We are getting ready to move though (in a week) Tuesday the truck is getting loaded, so after that it will be trying to entertain the three kids with nothing in the house lol - but I'm hoping to get some scrapping done too because my computer always gets carried with us even if monitors don't, and this time we made room so I could keep a monitor out with me so I'm excited to get to use it in transition - I still am old school with a desktop). My goal is to finish Oct 2019 this week but we'll see
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-26-2020, 06:18 PM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
For our last vacation, I'm trying a different process. I'm trying to type out journaling so I don't forget it and then I'm trying to get all the photos i want to scrap in templates so that when I sit down to watch tv at night I can just mindlessly scrap. I think deciding which pictures I want to use and putting those pictures into templates is my most challenging task.
I'm not nearly as fast a scrapper as Vanessa is, but I've been doing something like what you're describing. Even though I love having my finished weekly pages to look back on, I don't enjoy the process of narrowing down the pictures, getting everything placed in a template, and making the journaling (which I pre-write throughout the year) fit. I've started batching them like you're describing, and it's helping. First I went through, sorted photos into folders by which page they'll go on, and deleted the ones I won't use. (My To Scrap folder is all copies, so I delete as I finish with them.) Then I organized my journaling. Right now I'm in the process of placing each week's photos and journaling into templates. Later I'll go back and add papers and elements. That's the fun part, so I won't procrastinate it the way I do the earlier steps. I'm finding that when I get into a routine like this it's easier to make myself move onto the next one and get them done. When I'm scrapping start to finish for one page, I have trouble switching gears constantly back into the less fun parts that I have to concentrate on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-26-2020, 10:09 PM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

I've always been pretty fast a scrapping, I know I could spend more time on layers and all that, but to me getting it done has always been more important.

I'll share this video I did on how I organize all my photos to scrap, that helps a lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQHMeQEWbSc&t=17s

And my process is pretty similar to what you've been describing. I don't add my journaling first, but I have been getting photos in templates to scrap. Or I was. I'm working on a project now. Which is no journaling, just a round up of my favorite photos for my kids to have their own personal scrapbooks/photo albums. More simple, one layout a month of my favorite photos of them from birth through probably the end of high school, IDK. I thought 5 year increments, but now I'm wrapping up my daughter's 5th birthday, it's only 62 pages, so I'm thinking 10 years to make it the most bang for my buck with printing costs.

I got a laptop this year too, so sitting on the couch watching TV has helped a ton too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
What is your secret to getting that many pages done? I'm so behind and would love to make some progress catching up. I'm a slow scrapper and get overwhelmed with all the things I would like to scrap.
For our last vacation, I'm trying a different process. I'm trying to type out journaling so I don't forget it and then I'm trying to get all the photos i want to scrap in templates so that when I sit down to watch tv at night I can just mindlessly scrap. I think deciding which pictures I want to use and putting those pictures into templates is my most challenging task.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-27-2020, 01:25 PM
JennNtheBoys's Avatar
JennNtheBoys JennNtheBoys is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 2,933
Default

Wow! That's a LOT of scrapping !!! It must feel so good to be caught up! I have no idea what that is like and I don't think I ever will LOL The most i've done scrappy wise since March is like maybe 10 pages.... I've done a LOT of page planning and kit buying though! (more than normal in the run of a year lol). Every week I keep thinking "this is gonna be the week I get back into the groove" and then nope. I've actually had way less time to do anything since March... if you walked into my house right now, you'd think a bomb went off, but in actuality I spend every waking second trying to keep up with everyone and the messes they leave everywhere...... my kids (and husband) are such slobs... I knew they left things laying around before, but I had NO IDEA how bad their habits actually were I have been doing a lot of work trying to get them in the habit of daily tasks, things are getting better but still not quite where I need them to be to be able to allow myself some fun time with my scrappy stash. I may just have to put all the camping supplies outside.... put a cooler full of food on the deck, send them out for a swim (as the pool in the only thing that manages to get them outside) and then lock the doors.... They might figure out how to build the tent.... but my money would be on finding them snug in their sleeping bags in the deck chairs lol
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-27-2020, 03:24 PM
Txcorey's Avatar
Txcorey Txcorey is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,691
Default

[QUOTE=nesser1981;1063013662]I've always been pretty fast a scrapping, I know I could spend more time on layers and all that, but to me getting it done has always been more important.

I'll share this video I did on how I organize all my photos to scrap, that helps a lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQHMeQEWbSc&t=17s

Thanks for the video. I'm an ACDSee user too, but I never have tagged my pictures in it, only my kits. I appreciate the info. I think taking the time to sort photos and get them into templates when I have the time would really help me save time-if I can just make myself do it!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-27-2020, 03:28 PM
Txcorey's Avatar
Txcorey Txcorey is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm not nearly as fast a scrapper as Vanessa is, but I've been doing something like what you're describing. Even though I love having my finished weekly pages to look back on, I don't enjoy the process of narrowing down the pictures, getting everything placed in a template, and making the journaling (which I pre-write throughout the year) fit. I've started batching them like you're describing, and it's helping. First I went through, sorted photos into folders by which page they'll go on, and deleted the ones I won't use. (My To Scrap folder is all copies, so I delete as I finish with them.) Then I organized my journaling. Right now I'm in the process of placing each week's photos and journaling into templates. Later I'll go back and add papers and elements. That's the fun part, so I won't procrastinate it the way I do the earlier steps. I'm finding that when I get into a routine like this it's easier to make myself move onto the next one and get them done. When I'm scrapping start to finish for one page, I have trouble switching gears constantly back into the less fun parts that I have to concentrate on.
Rachel, this is me to a T. I love looking at the finished product and I like pulling in papers and elements, but I hate going through and choosing photos and putting them in templates! I have also started trying to take less photos, or more meaningful photos, but I think what bogs me down especially are trips. I take a lot of photos on vacations and then when I sit down to scrap the trip I am overwhelmed. My Disney trips especially really bog me down-I know you are a Disney fan too. I'm almost finished with my 2018 trip, and haven't yet touched my 2019 trip!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-27-2020, 04:43 PM
nesser1981's Avatar
nesser1981 nesser1981 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Eastern Michigan
Posts: 8,774
Default

[QUOTE=Txcorey;1063013703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I've always been pretty fast a scrapping, I know I could spend more time on layers and all that, but to me getting it done has always been more important.

I'll share this video I did on how I organize all my photos to scrap, that helps a lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQHMeQEWbSc&t=17s

Thanks for the video. I'm an ACDSee user too, but I never have tagged my pictures in it, only my kits. I appreciate the info. I think taking the time to sort photos and get them into templates when I have the time would really help me save time-if I can just make myself do it!
I can't remember how many years ago I started tagging my photos too, but I have found it to be a HUGE help. I'm using it right now for my other project for the kids.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-27-2020, 09:02 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 780
Default

I am so excited! I ordered my daughters grad book! 107 pages!

I also put all the pages into a movie (with video clips of her growing up) to show at her grad party. I did this for my older two daughters as well. I used a bunch of Sweet Shoppe kits ... if any one wants a peek, here is the link for it..... https://youtu.be/4vWnbqkN9o8

feels so good to have it all done!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs Ė The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative